It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think On This

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

A beautiful, touching and inspiring story of a little boy at the ocean. He runs all across the beach picking up stranded starfish returning them to the ocean. A man asked the child what on earth he was doing. The boy says he is saving the starfish. The man says not to be silly, that there are thousands of starfish on the beach and how could he possibly make a difference.

The boy hesitates for a moment then carefully reaches down and picks up another starfish and throws it back into the sea. Looking back at the man he says, "I made a huge difference for that one."

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Simple, and elegant. Analogies abounds.

S & F

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this!!!
This was read by our principle at my High school graduation. Since I graduated from an alternative school we were each one of those rescued starfish. This means more than you could know.

You are awesome!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 1Providence1

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

What an awesome school that must have been! Happy to have shared this with you.

It was many years ago when I first read this somewhere and I remember how profoundly, in all its' simplicity it affected me. I have also seen through my own life experiences how sometimes it is the simplest of things that matter most.

So dear readers, think on this and remember when you're feeling you may not be doing or saying enough, you just might be making all the difference in the world.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

"Kindly let me help you or you will drown, said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree.”

Out of curiosity... have you ever read Speaker For The Dead?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've heard this story before, and every time I hear it, I think it's absolutely beautiful. It's a great reminder that, as stated above, even seemingly little or unimportant things can leave a huge impact on someone/something else.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

It was, it was a school that each of the students had to prove their desire to learn to attend. We all came from different, and often rough circumstances, and had to leave the traditional public school system. My parents left state, I was homeless in Alaska and had no choice but to work. They provided the only chance I had to not be a dropout. These people gave their time and energy to us simply because they cared. They gave me the ability to graduate with a high grade point average, because I wanted it, and had no other chance to do so.

This is an excellent reminder to make a conscious effort to do more.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

BardingTheBard

"Kindly let me help you or you will drown, said the monkey putting the fish safely up a tree.”

Out of curiosity... have you ever read Speaker For The Dead?

Poor fish. LOL

Sorry but I have not heard of that book. What is it about?

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by invisiblemanda

So glad you enjoyed it.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I see that even though you have been through tough times, you certainly turned out well. We need more people like those at that school in this world that truly have love and compassion.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

roston
TRX workout training belt:The advantages include:Convenient installation and portability && Fast and easy exercise && Suitable for all fitness level and goals
What is TRX? The cheap trx is to weight as a benchmark, the high performance of the training tool. It can carry out various types of training, such as strength, balance, flexibility and core stability, suitable for all fitness levels of population.

Jeez I havn't made a thread in some time and I get a spammer. This has been reported.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Barrrrf!
Feel good stories always make me sick to my stomach.
I see the point and understand how some people would get drawn to it
but, it reminds me of kindergarten where we were too young and naive to understand
very simple and basic concepts so, we had to be told drivel like this in order to be able to
wrap our simple minds around such a simple concept.
edit on 18-9-2013 by GeneralChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I can't stop giggling at the image of some creature coming across a beach and throwing humans randomly into the suburbs.

Night Star
Sorry but I have not heard of that book. What is it about?

This thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

GeneralChaos
Barrrrf!
but, it reminds me of kindergarten where we were too young and naive to understand
very simple and basic concepts so, we had to be told drivel like this in order to be able to

People often think that they don't say or do enough, that they don't make a difference in any way when in actuality the simplest of things can make all the difference in the world. A little reminder and a sweet, simple yet profound little story goes a long way. A change from the constant bombardment of doom and gloom is like a breath of fresh air to some of us. I don't care if it comes from a childrens book or how basic it is.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Damned new site and its bugs. I can't get the link to work.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BardingTheBard

Oh I just found an audio book on youtube. Ooooooh Sci/Fi!!!! I'll give it a listen tomorrow. I love science fiction! Thanks!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

GeneralChaos
Barrrrf!

Simple stories like this remind me of innocence and simple wisdom which we tend to forget in the complexity and monotony of the adult world. Many great thinkers arrive at simple, philosophical understandings of life. Sometimes we overlook the obvious; how what little good we can do still counts. Also, the spirit in the message is uplifting in an often dreary or downright morbid world we live in.

So, lighten up.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

Awwwwww, thanks that's exactly how I feel!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join