It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holy Water Not So Holy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by Grifter81

Yeah... well you can smother yourself in excrement and urine all day long man, that's your perogative.

Me.. Well, I'll think twice before shaking a religious persons hand after mass.

A little dab'l'do'ya!

edit on 17-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

Well i wouldn't go that far
. All I'm saying is a normal healthy person, even a baby will be able to take it.

Not a nice thought but were all subject to the same risks every day. All you are really able to control is your own and your homes clendliness.

I suppose i have to admit, if your immune system is compromised don't go dipping in the holy water.

And we'd all better stop our kids playing in the mud.

edit on 17/9/2013 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
As an ordained minister recognized in MOST countries and in all states in the united states of the US (after some paper filings) .. I can say that holy water is any water...

As an ordained minister I can bless tap water... I can bless lake water... it's no different than any water other than having the blessing of someone who's ordained to bless it ..

UPDATE:

YES .. I am truly an ordained minister recognized in most of the world... :-P some parts of the world require independent registration where you submit your church credentials, most accept it .. I've only had to do it in my home state.
edit on 9/17/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

So would you make sure the water gets changed out, and are you surprised at this revelation?
thanks

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

speculativeoptimist

So would you make sure the water gets changed out, and are you surprised at this revelation?
thanks

I would change it out because I've only had to use it once.. however I'm not surprised .. given that you can bless tap water, I don't see any reason to store it or use any specific source, it's not required.. it only requires that it's properly blessed..

My guess is ignorance.. thinking that blessed water means it doesn't matter it's age or source...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

miniatus

speculativeoptimist

thanks

I would change it out because I've only had to use it once.. however I'm not surprised .. given that you can bless tap water, I don't see any reason to store it or use any specific source, it's not required.. it only requires that it's properly blessed..

My guess is ignorance.. thinking that blessed water means it doesn't matter it's age or source...

I want to be clear .. while I have an official recognition by the church as a priest (minister here), and while I'm legally recognized by most of the world, and had to register in my state .. I'm not a particular religious person.. I know what I can and cannot do .. I'm mostly agnostic.. I can bless water, I can conduct marriages, and in some areas I can conduct exorcisms

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And sorry I wasn't answering the most important bit, no I'm not surprised because holy water is ultimately just water.. I can be officially accepted by the church to bless it as I am, and it won't wipe it of disease or contaminate.. nothing will ... I wish it could

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Water is the substance of life... without it life as we know It can't exist...

And its the most precious substance in the universe...

Why isn't it holy?

The life water sustains is the thing, not the water itself.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Hushabye
reply to post by Akragon

Your own urine is sterile- to you.

That's incorrect.

Urine is sterile, it doesn't matter who is being exposed to it, or who it came from. My urine doesn't randomly sprout bacteria just because it's around other people. It's impossible for any substance, urine or not, to be sterile only to specific people, that just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Stupid article. Not exactly a major study done.
Looks like some anti-Christian 'reporter' got bored and invented a problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Its a modest problem thats shared with any communal zone.

Go and swab a door handle at a kids day care center and you will find similar results. We may be evolved and have great technologies and science, but we are still dirty animals and that dirty gets around

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Universal Life Church? Yeah, I'm an "ordained minister" too!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Biigs
Its a modest problem thats shared with any communal zone.

Exactly. This isn't a major health crisis or an infectious epidemic waiting to happen.
It's just holy water. And nearly no one drinks the stuff. It just gets sprinkled around.
Like I said ... silly story.
There is more germ-spreading going on with the handles of shopping carts in grocery stores.
Or airplane air. Or public school door handles. Or Salad Bar food.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join