It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Requests Ceasefire in Fallujah (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Looks like things are changing rapidly in Fallujah. Some saying we are victorious, others not so sure.

Not so fast...

www.jihadunspun.net
In a move that surprised news media, American requests cease fire in Fallujah.

American occupiers employed loud speakers to request a cease fire in the city to begin negotiations. According to Islam Memo's correspondent, heavy US losses are the main reason behind the American request. In the mean time, the puppet Allawi government, in an effort to save face, announced that they want to save innocent lives. Interesting indeed considering the hospital were the first facilities to be taken out and it have been the US and their Allawi collaborators have are the ones who have prevented aid from reaching the city.

Observers in Fallujah believe that the large American contingency currently surrounded and under siege by Mujahideen in the city also factors in to the request to halt military confrontations. Friday was a big turning point in Mujahideen favor. In Al-Jumjuria street alone, there are more than 40 destroyed and burnt tanks. Furthermore, the attack which destroyed the ice factory which housed tons of equipment, mechanized vehicles, and munitions, put a big damper on U.S. operations in Fallujah. With a great deal of fireworks planned for Eid, the Americans would be smart to quit while they still can.

This is an early report in. More detail to come as they are available.(JUS)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

You won't be hearing any of this from the media that is allowed in there, since the "coalition" has banned the Arab media, and only allows certain people in. So they can make victorious press releases, in turn to keep Iraq's American support, from turning into Vietnam's American support.

The common thing they thought back then was, not that they lost the war on the ground, they lost the message war at home.

Which is nonsense...but whatever.

Eid is coming up, by the way...it's the end of Ramadan.

"Eid is celebrated after the sighting of the new crescent on the previous evening"

[edit on 13-11-2004 by cstyle226]

Mod Edit: to remove ALL-CAPS from thread title.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Intresting, I wonder if its getting to rough for them to fight, or they really do want to negotiate.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I would highly doubt the validity of this story, I would think this type of news would find its way into the western press. I just saw the 'hammer and anvil' tactics the US is using and the insurgents look to be the ones that would want a cease fire as they have no where else to run, they are cornered in the southwestern portion and have no escape route.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Very interesting story, we know that the aid has been stop and we also know by our US news that is people in the city in need of aid, lots of wonded and starving.

We have another thread that is covering the halt to the aid, so is true, without a reliable media that is not control by the US we can not really get the truth of what is going on in the city.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ok call me crazy but my psychic friend says these people (jihadunspun)don't tell the truth. Can someone confirm or deny whether this is a propaganda site?

Edit: CC (psychic friend) did not say this story isn't true. She said she feels like the site isn't honest. I felt I should clarify since people here are so skeptical about psychics.

[edit on 11/13/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I would highly doubt the validity of this story, I would think this type of news would find its way into the western press. I just saw the 'hammer and anvil' tactics the US is using and the insurgents look to be the ones that would want a cease fire as they have no where else to run, they are cornered in the southwestern portion and have no escape route.

"hammer and anvil????"

You ARE watching FOX NEWS aren't you????

Ed, come on now...Fox News is America's Al-Jazeera.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I would highly doubt the validity of this story, I would think this type of news would find its way into the western press.

I agree. This story is from "Jihad Unspun" and anti-american news source. I doubt their stories are well-balanced let alone balanced.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

I would highly doubt the validity of this story, I would think this type of news would find its way into the western press.

I agree. This story is from "Jihad Unspun" and anti-american news source. I doubt their stories are well-balanced let alone balanced.

Unlike the overly "Fair and Balanced" media that you are obviously a huge a fan of.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
They maybe bias but the way US media is has been control they only show what they are told by the US "reliable sources" that sounds as bias as the Jihad Unspun to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
"hammer and anvil????"

You ARE watching FOX NEWS aren't you????

Well of course I am, you were to when you posted the Cheney story.

No I do not think that at all, can you show me one blatant lie that they have shown? They spin yes, but they spin the other direction from CBS etc.

Why are you watching it?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Unlike the overly "Fair and Balanced" media that you are obviously a huge a fan of.

touch�!

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

so are you saying NEITHER should be believed? This is the first thing you have said I agree with. To believe either without question is at best unwise.

I doubt we are asking for a cease fire because of losing 22 men, I and I am sure the Generals, thought it would be heavier than that. IF we are I would thank it was to get some civies out of the way, or remove wounded from BOTH sides or something along those lines. OR give them a chance to surrender so that they could be questioned. No matter what you might think we do not TARGET civies.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Why are you watching it?

I like to watch their efforts, so I can see what the "war machine" is up to.

And I doubt there have only been 22 US soldiers killed.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Don't worry people we know that is always some "free press" guy that gets into these war "zones" and later on if they survived the reality of what is going together with the pictures will come out in the internet we just need to be patient.

Occurs they will be denied by the "Pro war happy" people.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

And I doubt there have only been 22 US soldiers killed.

I think it up to 24 now. I dont think they are lying about OUR deaths and wounded, you cant shut up their families at home, its just to easy to find out the truth.

Where they lie is in the amount of ENEMY killed, they ALWAYS juice up the numbers

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarmoniusOne
Ok call me crazy but my psychic friend says these people don't tell the truth. Can someone confirm or deny whether this is a propaganda site?

It sure looks like a propaganda site - from the link:

With a great deal of fireworks planned for Eid, the Americans would be smart to quit while they still can.

At the very least I wouldn't consider it so much a "news report" as much as it appears to be an editorial opinion.

But I do agree with Amuk - if a cease fire is being called for it's in an effort protect the civilian population that stayed behind and get needed medical help in. I understand that some of the locals took the military to another torture house that held their relatives.

B.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
No kidding...Fox News made a "Special Alert" a half hour ago or so to say, "This just in, we have killed 1200 insurgents."

Now as for the US deaths...the families are only notified of their own relative's death. So how are they to know how many others were killed?

It's very easy for them not to report the number of US casualities accurately.

Some reporters have said they have a difficult time getting the number of wounded out the Coalition spokespeople and half the time, it is conflicting.

I wonder why...

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Now as for the US deaths...the families are only notified of their own relative's death. So how are they to know how many others were killed?

It's very easy for them not to report the number of US casualities accurately.

No it is not, most of the famlies live on base and know each other. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to lie about deaths on our side very long before it was found out.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I understand that some of the locals took the military to another torture house that held their relatives. B.

that cant be true????

I though they all hated us and wwanted us to go home and put saddam back?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
No it is not, most of the famlies live on base and know each other. It would be IMPOSSIBLE to lie about deaths on our side very long before it was found out.

Well then...pardon my skepticism. I bet the US disinformation machine would be terribly disappointed if they heard that. (or incredibly happy that you believe it.)

new topics

top topics

join