It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. 'Space Fence' Radar System Goes Silent, After 50 Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Are you sure? That sounded like a helicopter. And I have to say upon seeing it it reminds me of the city block size computers of yesterday. On the other hand, maybe the ET told them to shut it down??? If going to the moon was stopped, nuks shut down who knows?

JK

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

antar

Are you sure? That sounded like a helicopter. And I have to say upon seeing it it reminds me of the city block size computers of yesterday. On the other hand, maybe the ET told them to shut it down??? If going to the moon was stopped, nuks shut down who knows?

JK

It is a creepy/crazy sound. My uncle was a HAM operator when I was a kid. We would listen to all kinds of stuff, signals from ISS, numbers stations used by CIA/KGB, etc. I really want to get into now that i'm an adult just really don't have the time. One day.....

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

That is very cool, sounds like a good influence, your Uncle that is. We should open a Ham operators forum here because many people plan to use that method to communicate after the fall. I think the owners here are set up and licensed, and I too have always wanted to be able to give and receive information regionally after the fall.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That's a great idea!! I remember stories from Katrina where everything was down, cellphone, regular phone, etc. Even the police had lost communications and used HAM operators on the outskirts of the city to relay info for them. I know that they have certain groups that work emergency disasters around the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join