It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings and Mental Illness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ChesterJohn

The only conspiracies her is the left saying its the gun's fault. These people make fools of themselves each time this happens. Morgan had this guy using an AR 15 before the police said it was an shotgun and a hand gun.

These clowns don't care about the people that are killed, just a "head dead yet" gun story.

Two points on why, movies and video games, hell they get "normal" people excited, what do you think someone who is mental and angry feels.When you have people in news media who have an agenda no matter what the out come they won't admit to the real problem (mentally unstable people) because it does not make news.

How much do you think a mentally unstable person who has anger problems listens to news outlets that will broadcast this insanity, sensationalize it for weeks before they come up with the idea on how to act on there anger??

About all you can do is stop sensationalizing this sort of thing on the news otherwise its all a part of todays society and Zero guns will not stop the mental types from acting out.
edit on 17-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by InkontinentiaBouquet

You're close. Some of the writings of the young men that I listed above are available online and there is a little bit of a "society" theme there. However, I recollect one thought that his actions were going to make "the world into what it was supposed to be" (almost messianic). Eric Harris' journal is an open critique of actual issues within society including the educational system. It didn't read all the time like he was blaming society for his problems but that he hated society for the way that it was. Kaczynski's manifesto was not so much a "blaming society". He perceived himself as being a corrective force within it. Then you have ones like Andrew Wurst who believed that people were "programmed to act and say what the government's mad scientists, or a psycho want them to say."

So not always blaming society but overall, extremely disdainful of it. Couple that with mental illness and a capacity to kill, that spells very serious trouble.

P.S. Here's some links for further reading on school shooters. School shooters are probably just younger versions of individuals like Holmes, Lanza, et al:

www.schoolshooters.info...
powerreporting.com...

edit on 17/9/13 by WhiteAlice because: added p.s.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Don't think for one instant that Big Pharma/MK Ultra has nothing to do with these events. These psychotropic drugs are literally killing people but in every mass stabbing/shooting/forking...whatever that these drugs are involved in, people only care about the how instead of the WHY. Furthermore, the media in all their mongering and sensationalism will not say a single word about these drugs which is to me, highly suspect, rather telling and deserving of some serious scrutiny.

Manasquan, NJ --(Ammoland.com)- Nearly every mass shooting incident in the last twenty years, and multiple other instances of suicide and isolated shootings all share one thing in common, and its not the weapons used. The overwhelming evidence points to the signal largest common factor in all of these incidents is the fact that all of the perpetrators were either actively taking powerful psychotropic drugs or had been at some point in the immediate past before they committed their crimes. Read more: www.ammoland.com... Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Another Mass Shooting, Another Psychiatric Drug? Federal Investigation Long Overdue There is overwhelming evidence that psychiatric drugs cause violence. 22 International drug regulatory warnings cite violence, mania, hostility, aggression, psychosis and even homicidal ideation.

www.cchrint.org...

Newly released court documents confirm that ‘Batman’ shooter James Holmes was taking the anti-depressant drug Zoloft before he conducted his massacre in an Aurora theater last July, underscoring yet again the prevalent yet underreported connection between psychotropic drugs and mass shootings. While it was known that prescription medication was seized during the search of Holmes’ property, the precise identity of the drug has remained unknown for nearly 9 months – until now.

www.infowars.com...

Psychiatric Drugs—Side Effects Psychiatrists can’t predict what adverse side effects you might experience because not one of them knows how their drugs work. Psychotropic drugs are increasingly being exposed as chemical toxins with the power to kill. Psychiatrists claim their drugs save lives, but according to their own studies, psychotropic drugs can double the risk of suicide. And long-term use has been proven to create a lifetime of physical and mental damage, a fact ignored by psychiatrists. Common and well-documented side effects of psychiatric drugs include mania, psychosis, hallucinations, depersonalization, suicidal ideation, heart attack, stroke and sudden death.

www.cchr.org...

And here's Alex Jones (love'em or hate'em..) bringing that topic to the forefront on live tv...watch how he's cut off at 1st mention of psychotropic drugs.

edit on 17-9-2013 by UndergroundMilitia because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2013 by UndergroundMilitia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

I agree with Mr. Jones and his statistics are likely spot on, my point I would like to present is the simple arguement on how he continually does the abrasive, can't stand it anymore so I'm gonna yell around like an idiot routine. How does he expect to garner any reasoning from some of those sheeple he intends to inform when... why would many people want to listen to a man who presentsa himself in such a manner. He's always come off as somewhat smug to me, regardless of my thoughts on his ideas...

sorry to go a little off topic, but there is a point in there.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Wow, you really have looked into this. I think I'm going to find out more about this sort of thing now, you have really got me interseted. I will probably do it case by case.

Thank you for the links. Are there any youtube documentaries you would recommend?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KristofLaw

I agree.

With Mr. Jones it's not what he has to say that turns people off, but rather how he says it.

CdT

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I started looking into mass killers/shooters in early 2012, including Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kaczynski, Kip Kinkel and Dylan Klebold. After Holmes' shooting in July 2012, I expanded it and performed a random sample looking for correlations within out of fear that we were entering into another trend of mass shootings. I've had some training in profiling and analysis.

There are no decent youtube documentaries on the subject. Many of them are riddled with allegations towards bullying, music, video games, and other neat little generalized "reasons" for someone to break down so incredibly as to engage in an activity that generally shocks not just the world but their families and friends, too. If you want to look into the matter, there is actually a good deal of information on the web about many of the shooters online. Some who survived actually have websites. It just takes an intense amount of digging. I ended up using Dia to create a "web" of shooters. I tell my kids when they've seen it up on my desktop that it's their mom's spaghetti web of crazy.
Now if I had actually put it up with pictures, newspaper clippings and yarn, I'd definitely would have gone "beautiful mind" on the subject, lol.

The OP is right. There is a pattern. That's what stirred me into looking at the subject in the first place. I'm a pattern junky.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think it could be due to the huge MSM coverage and instant infamy. The mentally unstable who have already had thoughts of doing such things before see that and know that its possible, they could be the next deranged maniac made famous.

It could be that this sort of thing happened more often before everything was shared and reported so quickly and widely and not so much the increase we perceive.

All good theorys, how well can anyone understand an insane mind?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

KristofLaw
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

I agree with Mr. Jones and his statistics are likely spot on, my point I would like to present is the simple arguement on how he continually does the abrasive, can't stand it anymore so I'm gonna yell around like an idiot routine. How does he expect to garner any reasoning from some of those sheeple he intends to inform when... why would many people want to listen to a man who presentsa himself in such a manner. He's always come off as somewhat smug to me, regardless of my thoughts on his ideas...

sorry to go a little off topic, but there is a point in there.

I do agree that he was rather abrasive but as a long time listener to his show (9 years), I know his frustration and the energy that he radiates from time to time..and believe me, he's done way worse at trying to get his point across.
The way I interpret his behavior in my mind is that he wasn't only talking to Morgan, he was talking to the millions upon million of sheep that seem not to care and he was also talking directly to TPTB. He had the forum and he tried to get everything he could out before he was cut off. I may be wrong but I feel that most people NEED to be shocked out of their trance and that's gonna take something that's loud and extreme because with today's television programming, only the extreme can compete.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Wertdagf

Maybe they come to ATS and see republicans and libertarians calling for the deaths of police and government officials?

Also maybe they are really hearing the voice of god... and like in the bible its always "kill kill kill kill".

I doubt you ever read the Bible after reading that last quote

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

I started looking into mass killers/shooters in early 2012, including Timothy McVeigh, Ted Kaczynski, Kip Kinkel and Dylan Klebold. After Holmes' shooting in July 2012, I expanded it and performed a random sample looking for correlations within out of fear that we were entering into another trend of mass shootings. I've had some training in profiling and analysis.

There are no decent youtube documentaries on the subject. Many of them are riddled with allegations towards bullying, music, video games, and other neat little generalized "reasons" for someone to break down so incredibly as to engage in an activity that generally shocks not just the world but their families and friends, too. If you want to look into the matter, there is actually a good deal of information on the web about many of the shooters online. Some who survived actually have websites. It just takes an intense amount of digging. I ended up using Dia to create a "web" of shooters. I tell my kids when they've seen it up on my desktop that it's their mom's spaghetti web of crazy.
Now if I had actually put it up with pictures, newspaper clippings and yarn, I'd definitely would have gone "beautiful mind" on the subject, lol.

The OP is right. There is a pattern. That's what stirred me into looking at the subject in the first place. I'm a pattern junky.

I guess we could take it further into a combination of media (TV. Videogames ect.) processed and GMO foods, Medications, Chlorine and Florides and other chemicals added to drinking water, modern US educational program (a lot different than it was in 1830's) and large urban societies (societal holding pens). Remember up until the last century we did not have these multimillion urban centers as we have today. having to deal with that many personalities on a daily basis can also lead people to be unstable. One last thought to is the need to compete or not compete to make a name for ones self that society seems so fixated on.

Maybe this is the type of society that someone was trying to bring into effect by utilizing all the above things to form a society that randomly will do some population controls.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Evil, mental illness, and just plain ol' stupidity are the biggest problems in our society. There are many folks who are just plain stupid, and no matter how hard we as a society try to help them, they just can't be fixed. Most, not all, of us knows someone battling some type of mental illness, be it minor or major. These people may or may not get good solid help. Mostly it's drugs, now go be good. No after care, no further help for these folks unless they win the lottery. Evil is rampant in our society. Just watch some videos on youtube showing young men and women fighting for no reason, beating up the elderly and on and on. Kidnapping people and holding them hostage for years, raping children and murdering them, it just keeps coming at us and there is no end in sight.

Everyday, a few of these evil, or mentally ill, or stupid people fall through the cracks. These are the ones who commit these crimes. Their friends and family jump on the news and claim they were so precious just 2 years ago when they last saw or spoke to this person. They have no clue what some of these people have been going through. Worst case scenario is for these folks to have been in prison or a mental institution. They learn to be better criminals.

It amazes me we can send BILLIONS of dollars all around the world to help solve others problems, but can't hold back any of that money to try and fix problems here. Like mass murders, high crime, overcrowding in prisons, poor education, etc. Our president just WAIVED part of a law that prevents us from funding terrorists and countries in the process of a coup. We really need some help.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Something has been messing with my mind for the past 3 years. Hell its been messing with my life for all of my life then just realised how scripted and controlled my life appears to be as really boring depressing story of whoring and horroring lives.

I don't know what to think of it all as there is something that will occasionally talk to my mind in like a projected thought type manner like sending cryptic ideas to a person and I was diagnosed with schizophrenia... The thing is there are actually patterns to how people have been setting up my life around names, numbers, birthdates, locations and words. Like my initials cb/32 and being sent off to be homeless at 32. Then a mind game telling me a certain woman is suppsed to be a part of my life and her being with someone phone numbered 0032. Overlap constellations in the city and she lives related to Coma Berenices... CB. There's either something seriously wrong with my mind finding weird patterns that related to the appearance of the world or there is truly something mind controlling a lot of specific people so their lives tell stories to go along with the design of the languae and planet.

Its so weird, like this one time I was hit with a sudden thought in a joking manner that I should jump the curb and run the bitch down and then was told that happened to someone around the same time. I'll be sitting somewhere quietly listening to these projected thoughts then people will say or do things near by that in a distorted way reflect those ideas.

Like just today thinking of someone beautiful I met that always wore my favorite color purple and then green. Wanted to showher the design of the prints and veins in my hands but she went on with life. Then the place where I met her always wearing purple and green now has a sign up that is purple and green and says skin and vein solutions or something like that and while I walked towards there today thinking of her 2 people walked by wearing purple and green. This reality does not want me to stop thinking of her and its depressing me. It's truly as if there is an effort on this world to target certain people and drive them crazy.

My life is even setup as being alone, disabled and living past several years with my mother to go along with reaccuring patterns like Norman and Mother from the killer series, a number pattern to do with 87 rotated to appear as 007 and his mother... There is something really screwed up going on with reality like a multiperspective multimeaning story being created with certain lives and scripting relationships. There are some really screwed up coincidences with the woman I had a child with and stories.

It wouldn't surprise me if others were being puppeted and mind controlled to do certain things as I'll go through these constant waves of feeling neutral, then desiring someone, then sudden hateful thoughts towards and such. I even get these weird experiences where something will be like... 9/11 two towers falling over to shape a MI6! it's like total nonsense entering the mind and as if something triggers something in the brain to believe it. It's really screwed up I feel as if my life is constantly being puppeted as if someone mapped out the human brain and is using technology to send mixed signals.

Like today I got an image of a woman appearing as if in a sheet walking away from something then went to the doctors and there was a painting beside me of a women half naked walking away. Someone did something to my brain in that apartment that started with seeing that alien and now reality is annoying me constantly like trying to show me something then puppet reality around me to convince the information means something else. It's like being relentlessly annoyed by a being that constantly will trigger ideas based on the way the world looks.

If I think of north America in one perspective as looking like a head with a mask or face being torn off i'll get ideas in my mind later like Cut the bitches face off! Either something is messing with me as a joke or its all a stupid distraction in this multimeaning language association game of Whoring out certain lives.
Like the number pattern between myself and erin the woman I met I cant stop thinking about and our apparent scripted lives. Birthdates on a phone or keyboard as if a L pattern like 287/728 and the Egyptian stuff like Horus/Horse as in Chess move 2 then 1 like how my teeth went missing and orions belt and nebula scared on my face, WHORE US/ HORROR US.

I don't know what Im getting at other than there are certain people in this world with interesting identities and those identities are being scripted into relationships as stories and something is constantly trashing my mind to go along with how its trashed my body with scars to resemble historical people. It wouldn't surprise me at all if peoples lives were being totally mind controlled to do certain things for stories or to cause problems so others can play hero to existence.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mindcontrolledchris

You have pattern recognition. So do I. I'm not schizophrenic but I am autistic. I think that for some people whatever part of the brain works to recognize patterns in the cosmos (part of how we learn really through repeat trial and error) gets turned up a notch or a thousand. So, I'll be sitting in my car, looking at all the license plates and spotting patterns in the numbers or the letters or see if I can toy with the numbers to make a pattern. For instance, the last 4 digits of my parents' cell phones are the same 4 numbers, just in different arrangements and if you add two of them together, it makes the three numbers all divisible by three. I think where you and I differ is that, for me, it doesn't become all consuming. It's turned up even more for you. The times when it throws me off is when I hear different people at different times saying nearly the same phrase. Sometimes, if I hear it enough, I can trace it to a tv program or news report that was just on tv. Other times, I think it is just some strange cosmic coincidence. I could be wrong. The world can be so complex that whose to say that there isn't an order to things. I don't know enough to say one way or the other. As frightening as the way that you see the world sometimes may be, in a way, how you see those intricate patterns in the world is rather amazing to me.

Probably my most favorite pattern in the world is the Fibonacci Sequence because you can see it everywhere. It's like the entire planet and perhaps universe obeys some numeric pattern. I don't know why that is but when I look out my window, I'm counting leaves and finding those repeating patterns in the leaves. 5 petals on the rhododendrons. 3 leaves at the tips of the photinias. But even with Fibonacci, it's not found in everything. Some flowers have 10 petals, which is not a Fibonacci number. Regardless of that ill-begotten flower, Fibonacci had pattern recognition, too. Some days I use it to marvel at the ordered chaos and others, to find order in the chaos because I'm feeling overwhelmed.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I am only just getting into mass shootings and really trying to understand. I am starting with the victims that shot up schools after suffering major trauma in thier lives, as opposed to those with psycopathy or psychosis, as listed in the links you gave me.

I spent last night finding out as much as I could about Jeff Weise. I'm glad I started with him.

As a sufferer of major trauma myself it is easier to see where he is coming from than, say, someone with voices in their head.

The scarey thing is I get it. ?

ETA, I am contemplating how best to put this across without, well, you know.

www.findagrave.com...

edit on 1892013 by InkontinentiaBouquet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Some people have mental illness but don't harm anyone, some people have mental illness and guns and do harm, some people are considered sane and harm others nonetheless. The root of the problem is not guns or mental illness but negativity passed on each generation, growing and festering more as time goes by, no one to solve it or the solution would be incompatible or impossible to implement.

Such as the idea everybody is equal, which is true biologically but then other fators like education and bad thoughts/wrong views in the family come into play. The rich and healthy don't want to reach out since they know somehow they can't appear rich and healthy without there being poor and unhealthy. And if they would reach out, they and their families would have to for the next centuries since those they helped never got there on their own. But they don't since it would mean the end of classes and every individual would be independent in providing their own happiness. No longer could the promise of becoming rich be made since everybody would have similar wealth and luxury, the promise which is why people begin to manipulate eachother so they can get to that top.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

No one can tell me they don't see a pattern here.

It does bring The Old Man of the Mountain, Hassan al-Sabbah to mind
hmmph wiki-link is worthless for making my point

we'll have to go with Badass of the week
[disregard the lsd error and gratuitous use of 4-letter words however ]

It would be a mistake to write the Hashashin off as a disorganized association of pothead stoner dropouts, however, and Alamut wasn't exactly a goddamned Cheech & Chong movie with blacklight posters everywhere and a f*ing flaming car made out of hemp. These guys were elite warriors trained in all the badass ninja techniques required to wreak havoc on the most powerful men in the Middle East, and they were awesome at it. They studied martial arts, poison, disguise, infiltration, espionage and f*ing hardcore knife-fighting, and could speak several languages fluently. When a death writ was issued for some poor bastard, the medieval hitman was given a specialized dagger to complete his mission. In true badass fashion, the Order of Assassins opted to do their dirty work up close and personal, preferably in public places in front of hundreds of people in order to maximize the shock value and intimidation factor.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I remember when the event with Jeff Weise happened. I was living on the Navajo Reservation and it really sent a shock wave through all that I knew there. It was heartbreaking. If you haven't already found it, look for Weise. He was very bright. They don't need to hear voices to become consumed by a darker side and turn a cold eye on the people around them. For all the ones that I've looked at, they could've had a dozen friends around them at all times and still felt isolated.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Madness is so rampant in the US that it is doubtful we can get it under control.

Under Reagan they stopped a lot of government mental health programs and let loads of the mentally ill out on the street and that is the legacy of today.

The only way to stop this: an Australian type gun ban. But the gun lovers and 2nd amendment idolaters won’t have it.

Therefore as of now in this crazy country, (and btw the gun nuts are a part of the madness) there is no solution to this problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Where there is a will, there is a way. When I was in middle school, there was a boy in my school that built pipe bombs and would leave them in the girl's bathroom. It took the authorities a while to find out who he was and, ironically enough, they reason how they figured it out was because one blew up on him as he was making it. I think we were pulled out of class and into the fields about half a dozen times in one year because of his bombs. And yes, it'd be reasonable to assume that this is one of the reasons why I hold such an interest in the subject. Thankfully, none of them went off except the one that he was making. He survived and from what I can tell is doing okay now. For that, I'm glad but I have never shaken the realization that he wanted us harmed, maimed or dead. If his accident hadn't happened, how much longer would it have been until he had built one that worked?

Klebold and Harris didn't just use guns but had attempted to set off bombs all across Columbine High. The students at Columbine were lucky in that they didn't go off.

James Holmes had wired his apartment with a complex bomb that didn't go off simply because his neighbor felt trepidation when she approached his somewhat ajar door. He ended up telling the police it was wired in the true post-massacre daze that seems to so frequently occur with these shooters immediately after they erupt into violence.

Ted Kaczynski never used a gun a single time but, instead, older and more focused, he chose to send packages to specific individuals that he deemed responsible for his or society's plight. Any others that got hit by his bombs were simply a casualty of war.

Timothy McVeigh, experienced and more focused, blew up half a building in Oklahoma City.

If madness were so rampant in the US, then right now, we'd be hearing gunfire all around us. I hear the neighbor using his yard blower, a few crows and the distant traffic from the street. The number of individuals that could do such acts as above is miniscule. The statistic I came up with is < 0.000001 % based on factors of intellect, psychiatric ailment statistics and probability of having just the right motivation to do it now. The reason why it's happening more now would be likely due to the sociopolitical economic climate as well as a dash of copy cat.

Banning guns would only do so much and unlike back when I was in middle school, the internet has so much more information on it and more widely accessible even than during Columbine's time. If there is any prophylactic that I could see as being effective, I'd say it would be that when you encounter someone who you think is becoming so stretched thin by the world that they are about to snap, that you simply listen to them as one human being to another. Isolation and disdain were two of the most common problems among all of them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join