It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austria cops besiege farmhouse after suspected poacher shoots dead 3 cops, medic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yikes! This sounds pretty serious and from a country we don't often hear such things related to?

Some 100 armed police surrounded a farmhouse in Austria on Tuesday after a suspected poacher shot dead two officers and an ambulance driver and then killed a third police officer he had taken hostage, officials said.

The suspect set fire to the building where he barricaded himself, but police assumed he was still alive, Interior Minister spokesman Karl-Heinz Grundboeck said. The situation was "still continuing" at 3.50 p.m. local time (9.50 a.m. ET), Grundboeck added.

Okay, there is disrespect for cops and authority in general but this guy went too far....

Upon being pulled over, the man “immediately” opened fire on the two police officers, killing one of them, Grundboeck said. The shooter waited in the area until an ambulance driver arrived before opening fire again, killing the medic.
Source

That's just evil right there. Wow.... Got a little hate, perhaps? Waited for the medic to arrive? Really?? What kind of... Just.. WOW!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

That's just evil right there. Wow.... Got a little hate, perhaps? Waited for the medic to arrive? Really?? What kind of... Just.. WOW!

I remember doing that in GTA4 once. I still feel bad about it. I can't imagine what was going on in this dude's head.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Maybe Australia needs stricter gun laws?

In all seriousness, the economy pretty much sucks everywhere, the world is full of hypocrites and double standards... people are getting fed up, and it's starting to show.
Speaking of "fed up", maybe there's something in the air/water/food that is causing what seems to be an increase in mental instability.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
"Upon being pulled over"

In his mind a defensive reaction?
Could be some paranoid delusion in which the suspect believes his freedom is at stake?

Has a weapon in his car so obviously prepared for some event to occur.

Or maybe just waiting for an opportunity to ambush and cause chaos?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

yourmaker
"Upon being pulled over"

In his mind a defensive reaction?
Could be some paranoid delusion in which the suspect believes his freedom is at stake?

Has a weapon in his car so obviously prepared for some event to occur.

Or maybe just waiting for an opportunity to ambush and cause chaos?

Officials are saying he was an unauthorized hunter, that's probably the reason why he had a gun with him.

I'm from Austria and I can't remember when something like that happened here, but I'm also just 23.. I really hope they can stop this maniac before he kills more innocent people.

edit on 17-9-2013 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Another case of "human regressive syndrome"?

Bring him to the US where he can make a real splash. Guns and active shooters are the purest expression of the 2nd amendment. A test of faith you might say.

These shooters are mostly killing people that aren't armed and likely don't believe in guns. At some point, gunners will have the world they so richly deserve. You know, that mythical land where everyone has at least two guns pointed at them 24/7 and there is finally no need for guns.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Yikes! This sounds pretty serious and from a country we don't often hear such things related to?

Some 100 armed police surrounded a farmhouse in Austria on Tuesday after a suspected poacher shot dead two officers and an ambulance driver and then killed a third police officer he had taken hostage, officials said.

The suspect set fire to the building where he barricaded himself, but police assumed he was still alive, Interior Minister spokesman Karl-Heinz Grundboeck said. The situation was "still continuing" at 3.50 p.m. local time (9.50 a.m. ET), Grundboeck added.

Okay, there is disrespect for cops and authority in general but this guy went too far....

Upon being pulled over, the man “immediately” opened fire on the two police officers, killing one of them, Grundboeck said. The shooter waited in the area until an ambulance driver arrived before opening fire again, killing the medic.
Source

Personally I wouldn't believe this story as total fact because we don't know all the facts. Im not into bashing police...but when they start acting like Hitler cronies... I want to hear both sides of the story.

Wouldn't you (?) how many faces I've seen caved in and people dying after being electrocuted...I question everything until ALL facts are in.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Media outlets are reporting, back in 2011, he attacked another hunter, which caught him in the act of illegal hunting. They found his car but couldn't trace him, because he used faked license plates.

Also a friend of him recalled that a few weeks ago he said he's having issues, having some kind of second personality.
edit on 17-9-2013 by Danowski because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

That's illogical. The shooting happened where there are strict gun laws. Guess what? Criminals do not obey the laws. He was an illegal hunter with an illegal gun who illegally killed people. This is an example of your precious disarming citizens for "their own good" not working.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Poachers are a huge problem everywhere.

These idiots seem to think they have the god-given right to kill any animal they damn well please, however many they damn well please, and whenever they damn well please. With absolutely no regard for any species' potential population risk factors.

All for the purpose of making the almighty dollar (or in this case, the almighty Euro).

Sick, twisted bastards...

One poacher down, 2 billion more to go.

top topics

join