It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Brag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Do you have a favorite bible? One that you can put your hand upon and just feel the power of love in it? Perhaps its the one that you have had the longest and it wears the battle scars to show the long journey's you have traveled with it. Maybe its a big family Bible that shows all those blessed family occasions such as births & deaths and who married whom and what all those dates were?

Over the years I have had many Bibles, some lost, some forgotten, some given away, and yes, I am no angel, I have had Bibles that I stole, and some were stolen from me(Jesus smiles)...I have had Jail Bibles as well.

At this moment in time my favorite Bible is one that belonged to my Grandpa & Mother Mae...So if you will allow me I would like to show off my Favorite Bible, and I would love for you to show off yours as well...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I planned to make a joke.

I respect your religion.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whouwanttob

God has a great since of humor...After all look at some of his creations...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

lol

he made me.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whouwanttob

Me too!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I would love for you to show off yours as well...

A Broadman and Holman ultrathin reference Bible in New American Standard that I bought like 15 years ago from what was a local Bible store (now out of business).
Nicely leather bound and the store would do an impressing on the cover with your name and a pick of a symbol from a small collection of options.

I needed a lightweight Bible that I could read from for like an hour standing up.
I was trying to catch the gold on the ends of the paper but it does not come out well in the photo, but that makes a nice touch if you are trying to look good while you are reading.
edit on 17-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Beautiful!!! Where do you read your Bible at when you stand up for an hour, are you a minister?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

. . . are you a minister?

I was trying to be, years ago when I had a storefront and would invite people to come and listen to me preaching on Sunday mornings.
Now I do it on internet radio, where I do a 45 min. show every Sunday morning.
I don't advise people on this forum to listen though, because I might be using you as the topic of my sermon.
edit on 17-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Either Aesop's fables, or my hard bound Hitchhikers guide trilogy (yes 5 books deep).
Those are my favorite bibles. So much so they hold a place on my book shelf next to the Torah, the Veda's the (2) book of Mormon (c. 1963 and 1981), Grimm's fairy tales and the three versions of the Christian Holy bibles (new American, new Jerusalem, and NIV), I have.

new topics

top topics

join