It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch What Happens When Girls Open Carry in Walmart (SPOILER ALERT- Cops Respond)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by stargatetravels

If government didn't exist, then guns would be pretty much obsolete.

GOVERNMENT IS INHERENTLY VIOLENT. IT ATTRACTS SOCIOPATHS AND VIOLENCE PRONE PEOPLE BECAUSE OF ITS VERY NATURE. GOVERNMENT IS A CONSTANT THREAT TO SOCIETY AND IT IS THEREBY NECESSARY FOR SOCIETY TO BE ARMED AND READY TO DEFEND AGAINST SUCH TYRANNY.
dang it!

but, I digress....

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

You have already twisted my response. I would not do anything unless i thought anyone was suspicious in the first place.

If i felt uncomfortable i would leave, others can do the same. I dont know if they (the gun carriers) have any criminal intent or not, if the store people saw everyone leave due to an suspicious person with an open carry they can call the cops if they want.

If i heard someone say "I'm going to rob, hurt, shoot..." etc while carrying a gun, i would absolutely call the police AND leave AND tell the store owners.

edit on 17-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

plus, if there was malicious intent involved, I highly doubt they'd just be casually strolling through the store with the weapons visible. They would walk in with guns blazing, or they'd conceal the weapons until they were ready to attack.

but heaven forbid these anti-gun people actually think anything through. their poor feelings get all scaredy and stuff
*rolls eyes*

edit on 17-9-2013 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I think cops should have to prove some reason of suspision that people are intending or are breaking some law before asking for papers. If you dont like open cary then move or change the law. In my opinion these law abiding citizens were harrased for no good cause.

Im on the fense however when it comes to open cary. Just dont think cops should be allowed to interfere with our day to day lives without good cause.
edit on 17-9-2013 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

well then you'd be using logic, and that's just unacceptable.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

fact ^^^^
via the governments own statistics...

www.cdc.gov...

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Nyiah
Ugh, I'm not having good luck with streaming anything tonight. From what I can gather, it doesn't look like the cop did anything wrong? He responded to a call because someone in the store got worked up into a tizzy over the guns, and seems to have handled it relatively politely.

I think I'd rather have a cop make sure everything's in order with weapons than to wave someone off. It's just common sense to verify identity and such.

we should tread lightly in allowing the needs of some to become more important than the needs of others, which is what you have essentially stated.

you said "someone got worked up" so why should anyone place the worked up individuals rights above the other persons?

when no crime is committed the "worked up individual" is in the wrong and needs to either leave or just keep the mouth shut, it's their choice. the popo gangsters there were doing nothing but showing idiots that they are needed, when in fact they are not.

i think i would rather have the cops ask the "got worked up individual" if any crime was committed before responding, thus saving the "innocent bystander" some undue injustice.

as a society we must stop pandering to gossip queens, crap starters and their ilk, they have no place in our world and we should treat them as such, worthless fear mongering gossip queens and ignore them appropriately.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yeppers...

TYRANNY OF THE MAJORITY-
Two wolves and one sheep deciding on what to have for dinner.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I agree with other posters that the bigger issue here is asking for ID without just cause and then running computer checks on them. When warrants for arrest can so easily be given out for failure to pay traffic fines, and various other debt. disputes we have a big problem and conflict of interest.

I've told this story on ATS before, but hope OP won't mind if I share it again in this thread. I was arrested for having a 9 year old warrant for failure to pay a $10 dog license. The dog passed away, we had moved and I had no idea I'm walking around for 9 years with this warrant on my head. Although the case was dismissed in the "name of justice" it didn't bring back the $250 dollars it took to bail out of jail, and the horror, humiliation and hassle of being arrested.

Like many of us,I grew up believing it's no big deal to show your ID if asked, but I'm here to tell you that the intent is to dragnet as many people as possible, is it "fair" to be asked to put yourself in harm's way by showing ID ?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

Well if 'they' didnt lock you up for everything regardless of severity, who would clean the parks for 1$ a day in the chain gangs?

Watch prescription drugs get class A drug punishments - dont fix the problem, just put more people away for it, its the American way!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Great videos.
The cheif or whoever he was is a good guy.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

pheonix358
The other problem I have is that the first Officer demanded ID without probable cause and after he saw the open carry permits, shouldn't he have just said, great, have a nice day?

The problem with a permit is that you can still be carrying a permit that was revoked, or suspended. They have to run the permit to make sure that it's valid and you don't have any problems.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Women have the right to carry just as everyone else does. The problem is it's not in the norm in most places for women to openly carry like that. When something doesn't seem right it best to call the cops to investigate. Besides the fact that it is legal to openly carry it's also very very ignorant. How am I suppose to know that you have legal rights to carry? Sorry but if I see someone like that I am going to call the cops regardless of race.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
c'mon...people are walking into a private business, with loaded sidearms....if someone walked into my business, I would have called the cops immediately too....do these people have an ounce of common sense?
and let me ask you...do you think those young girls are going to engage in some type of massive gun shootout in the store??? do they think that their lives are so threatened when they walk into a Wal-Mart, that they have to have loaded weapons strapped on??
what if one of the girls had a vicious fight with her boyfriend and saw him going into the store and gathered her friends up to teach him a lesson by shooting him? this has happened more than once ....what if they all decided to rob the place?
edit on 17-9-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Do you think a LAW will stop them?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
well, ok...being married 30+ years, AND TO A WONDERFUL WOMAN, I might add!... I can see your point
.....BUT!!...who wants to walk around a store seeing all of these people carrying loaded weapons and having to constantly look over your shoulder wondering when and if some type of gun play is going to erupt if some yahoo gets pissed off?..."what, I have a receipt, and you're still not going to give me a refund"???...bang, bang...."hey, don't till my kid to get out of the way, who do you think you are"?...bang, bang...."don't try and cut in line in front of me"...bang, bang....
edit on 17-9-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

Here's what I find funny. You post a video of a Walmart in the south where people are supposedly "pro-gun".

Yet... here in the "liberal" north, this is how my cops react to this situation. THIS is how we handle it in an "anti-gun" state. With civility and casualness. I love this place.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

WALMART IS A PRIVATE COMPANY. They have a policy against walking around their stores with exposed video cameras, guns, and audio recorders. Either you respect private business or you want the government to force them to bend to your will. Your call, rightwingers.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Which is pretty funny since the 2nd ammendment does not cover private property.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So it is all peace and roses in Somalia?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join