It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know if you're an Alcoholic???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Well I don't wake up wanting to get drunk or hi. Nor do I feel that way by the end of any given day. Mostly I just drink a lot of coffee in the morning. Which isn't exactly great either. But I just like it for some reason.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Hey hun,
No. You're not an alcoholic.
My ex-husband WAS. In the morning, while I was sipping coffee...his shaky hands would be reaching for a beer.

You are trying to escape occasionally from the huge amount of stress in your life. (in order to keep carrying on)
Most people use something to relieve stress. Exercise, shopping, food, medication, alcohol, sex, gambling, video games....etc., etc.
When your 'stress reliever' becomes your lifestyle...then it's a problem. Everyone who partakes in any of the above does not necessarily go overboard.
I think the fact that you are questioning it, means that you're not, lol. (They say that if you question your sanity, then you're not insane!)
Just my two cents!
jacygirl

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This thread is going to get 404'd for drug use.

BUT

If you want to see if you a alcholic?

Go for 2 weeks without any booze.

If you make it your great!

If you cant get past day 3 you have a problem.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

What you're saying, isn't completely true. At my rehab, a few folks who had a hard time believing they were, yet we could see it in their aura, took the test and came to admit their problems of drinking when they woke up, drank at work, and drank at night. Had gone to the hospital for drinking too much, failed livers, continued to drink, etc...

What you are saying is complete ignorance, and we at ATS deny ignorance. That test can help people make the right choice to quit drinking, and live a life of sobriety. It is a test made by people who are alcoholics themselves.
edit on 18-9-2013 by iPutAtlantaOnMyBack because: derp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join