It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: nearly half rebel fighters are jihadists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

try to understand the 'take' many here on ATS have on this issue but I'm still conflicted as to who the good guys are in that part of the world.

IMO both sides suck in the middle east, and as such neither are good 'guys'.

Saudi Arabia, and Iran, Sunni and Shia is like coke and pepsi, they are the same thing just a different flavor, and packaged for public consumption.

In an ideal world anyone with half a brain would tell the entire Middle East to eff off. Neither side is better than the other.

edit on 18-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
^double post.

edit on 18-9-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

seabag

MrSpad

seabag
reply to post by MrSpad

Which President are you talking about? I am completely missing the reference.

Not the republican!

The one who acts worse and has a different title before his name; you know, the latest sock puppet in chief.

If your suggestion Obama has started more wars than the last two Presidents I would have to ask for a list because last I checked outside of some airstrikes in Libya everything else we have been involved had already started.

Really?

*He waged war in Libya.

*Covert drone war in Yemen.

*Covert drone war in Pakistan.

*Obvious covert war in Iran.

*Obvious covert war in Syria.

*Obvious covert war in Egypt.

*Proxy war in Somalia.

*Escalated the war in Afghanistan.

*Prolonged draw down of troops in Iraq.

The Nation has learned from well-placed special operations sources that among the countries where elite special forces teams working for the Joint Special Operations Command have been deployed under the Obama administration are: Iran, Georgia, Ukraine, Bolivia, Paraguay, Ecuador, Peru, Yemen, Pakistan (including in Balochistan) and the Philippines. These teams have also at times deployed in Turkey, Belgium, France and Spain. JSOC has also supported US Drug Enforcement Agency operations in Colombia and Mexico. The frontline for these forces at the moment, sources say, are Yemen and Somalia. "In both those places, there are ongoing unilateral actions," said a special operations source. "JSOC does a lot in Pakistan too." Additionally, these US special forces at times work alongside other nations' special operations forces in conducting missions in their home countries. A US special operations source described one such action where US forces teamed up with Georgian forces hunting Chechen rebels.
link

Just because ABC, MSNBC and CBS don’t call it “WAR” doesn’t mean it isn’t one.

So in other words Libya. Yemen, Pakistan, Somalia, Iraq, Afganistan etc. were all going on before he came to office. And you can not just make up stuff like covert wars in places where their are none. So pretty much we have the strike in Libya. Or maybe you think Obama started the war on terror and drugs and created the groups that operater on Africa, Asia, South America and the Mid East. So again we have some strikes on Libya as Obama only original conflict and that was so fast that most people do not even remember it. I am guessing two decade long wars might just trump that and we do not even have to add Clintons conflicts.

<< 1   >>

join