It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dynamo walking on water! Real or fake?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
pretty surprised this has been asked,fair enough he is good at what he does but to believe its real and no one else has thought is this guy the real deal then says it all,mean the walking on water thing only got limited press,the fact is the press have the inside know and if there was any sniff this was impossible then they would be all over it.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
An absolutely incredible illusionist, but an illusionist all the same.

I don't even begin to think about how he does it anymore. I have spent far too many hours laying awake, wondering how he does it all.

I prefer just to watch and be amazed everytime this guy is on T.V.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Good Illusion, the fake arm goes down so he can sit on it so to speak.
Like the Indian levitation trick, just a variation of it.
Great illusionist, but a Saint? No.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

AmberLeaf
Do you really have to ask if it is real??
No man can walk on water, its impossible given the surface tension of water.

Its an illusion, clear perspex hidden just below the water line.

Most men can walk on water. I do it when washing my car. I walk all over the water.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

AmberLeaf

Ah, but not all men are the same. Miracles happen. "gods" exist.

are you an atheist maybe?

I prefer the term realist, but athiest is ok too

Miracles dont happen, they are made up and exploited, and "gods" do not exist. Someone mentioned 3000 gods, but the number is far higher, many millions of false gods to control the gullible of the gullible.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

You dont walk on it, you walk through it, hence your shoe becomes wet.

When you walk on the pavement/sidewalk do your shoes become covered in asphalt? Nope, because you are on top of it...it has a far higher surface tension than water. You dont walk on water full stop.
edit on 16-9-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

lol.....you must be a "god".

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

sparky31
pretty surprised this has been asked,fair enough he is good at what he does but to believe its real and no one else has thought is this guy the real deal then says it all,mean the walking on water thing only got limited press,the fact is the press have the inside know and if there was any sniff this was impossible then they would be all over it.

So what ufos are real too and get limited exposure. I mean the real stuff, not the fake crap on youtube.

Pretty impressive. Could be a camera trick or maybe not.

Still the dude knows too much. He is too good for a magician. I have seen plenty of his shows.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

here is how the mindfreak did it in a pool. same sort of deal I would say.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-9-2013 by ZeussusZ because: youtube no work

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

EarthCitizen07

sparky31

So what ufos are real too and get limited exposure. I mean the real stuff, not the fake crap on youtube.

Pretty impressive. Could be a camera trick or maybe not.

Still the dude knows too much. He is too good for a magician. I have seen plenty of his shows.

so cause hes too good hes now not from this world?and enlighten me he knows too much?what do you mean by that

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Notice how the girls head conveniently crosses in front of the camera before he "disappears"?? He is an ILLUSIONIST period. I know you are amazed by these tricks but they are ONLY TRICKS at the end of the day....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

AmberLeaf

EarthCitizen07

AmberLeaf

Ah, but not all men are the same. Miracles happen. "gods" exist.

are you an atheist maybe?

I prefer the term realist, but athiest is ok too

Miracles dont happen, they are made up and exploited, and "gods" do not exist. Someone mentioned 3000 gods, but the number is far higher, many millions of false gods to control the gullible of the gullible.

Thats pretty insulting and I dont even take mainstream religion seriously. I take the ancient astronaut hypothesis seriously. What is/are god, satan, demons, angels, etc? I have my opinion and you have yours.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Not saying he is an alien, saying he could be. Fair possibility...

"Love" all the negative nancys in this thread, no wonder I dont start any threads of late.

What is the purpose of this "metaphysics" forum then?

edit on 16/9/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

.A guy who sits on a cloud and controls every person animal and element......yea right.

I understand you commenting about the stupid atheist comment. But what have you been told about religion? I know of none that matches your description.

Back on topic, this is fake. Obviously.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

DocHolidaze

it looks like he had a a platform set up just under the surface to walk on before hand and then he hired two kyakers to randomly cruise by at the right moment to make it look like there was nothing in between the dock and the person. when really all the kyackers had to do was not hit the platform with there paddels as they went over the platform.

I think this guy is just a good illusionist.

I agree w/ you. When I seen the 2 kyakers it appeared they just skimmed the surface w/ thier paddles.

The guy that really impresses me is Chris Angel. I know it's an illusion but HOW IN THE HELL does he do it? He's walked on water, gone threw glass, walked up buildings, appeared to guess the lottery under "police supervision"
Suspended not only himself in mid-air but random people on the street.

Maybe the guy that rats out magician's on T.V. would be willing to tackle this trick... Butt then again, do we really want to know (?) it makes for great entertainment. Why take the fun out of everything? I really believe that ignorence in the right places is bliss/ enjoyment/ wonder.
edit on 16-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: Add

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

The "ancient astronaut" theory is even more ridiculous than mainstream religion. You'd be more sensible believing in one of the world's many religions than in believing that extraterrestrials created us as genetic experiments. As for the tricks:

- Walking on water: clear plexiglass submerged just below the surface
- Walking down a building: forward rappelling
- Floating bus trick: fake arm connecting him to the bus
- Disappearing: camera edit when the girl crosses the camera

Tricks, illusions, misdirection. At the end of the day he is a performance artist, not a magician, not an alien, and not some miraculous spiritual being who is performing miracles.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Of course it's fake it physically impossible for a Human to walk on water.

Now if it was custard then no problem as long as you keep moving!

www.youtube.com...

Custard ladies and gents is a non-Newtonian fluid.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Wandering Scribe

The "ancient astronaut" theory is even more ridiculous than mainstream religion. You'd be more sensible believing in one of the world's many religions than in believing that extraterrestrials created us as genetic experiments.

Not really. I have seen all the ancient alien series on history channel, read ufo&alien books, watched youtube videos, been on ATS, etc and to me AA theory is a near certain fact. Too scary for most to accept we are being harvested for souls and our gold stolen.

As for the tricks:

- Walking on water: clear plexiglass submerged just below the surface
- Walking down a building: forward rappelling
- Floating bus trick: fake arm connecting him to the bus
- Disappearing: camera edit when the girl crosses the camera

Tricks, illusions, misdirection. At the end of the day he is a performance artist, not a magician, not an alien, and not some miraculous spiritual being who is performing miracles.

~ Wandering Scribe

He doesnt seem like an ordinary magician to me. I have seen plenty of magic shows and this doesnt add up. I mean the shear volume and extraordinary skill required to pull this stuff off.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Not really. I have seen all the ancient alien series on history channel, read ufo&alien books, watched youtube videos, been on ATS, etc and to me AA theory is a near certain fact.

I have waited a long, long time for the perfect opportunity to post this video:

The video is very long, but goes into great depth to debunk the Ancient Aliens TV show, as well as general information surrounding the Ancient Astronaut theory. Further, he is an ex-believer in the theory, so he presents their theories exactly as they are.

He doesnt seem like an ordinary magician to me. I have seen plenty of magic shows and this doesnt add up. I mean the shear volume and extraordinary skill required to pull this stuff off.

All you need to achieve what Dynamo has done:

1) clever camera angles
2) paid actors
3) proper props for use in the tricks
4) gullible witnesses

Nothing extraordinary involved.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
His biggest accomplishment is relying on the audience's belief that what they are seeing on their tv is actual candid footage. He does a fine job at his illusions, however, being part of this type of work everyday (I work in the film industry), I can see the mechanics of it quite easily. His illusions are 50% of the show. His editing is the other 50%. Good show none-the-less, but, still just a show. Sorry, no "magic" here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join