It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to become a king without being related to royalty.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

FreedomEntered
reply to post by grainofsand

I'm totally confused isn't this sexism?...

Absolutely, but in the scale of things the sexism aspect is just one of many things wrong with this outdated institution.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
move to egypt and change your name to farouk sorted everyone will call you king then

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

Chavs are hard to please though. Mcdonalds would have to be in your pantry in the loads, you'd have to wear burberry and dulce and gabbana, you would have to get drunk viciously every weekend and end it by singing football songs, flash your bottom periodically.

Oh what am I saying the royals are already doing this?!

On a serious note I think you are right, invade and find a people that you can relate to.

People just like to put other people in power its our nature.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

there is a man in new mexico, the hon. james lasecelles, (right spelling?) and was/is a disc jockey ho would actually make this a reality. he is some thing like 60th in line for the throne of england.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Do you know why there is sexism in the monarchy? How did this get started?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

I wasn't worried about which country it is: any would do. That is why I thought invading may be a good idea. Although I do not have an army. Who is with me?

How about learning from past mistakes and not invading anymore?

So maybe if I say I am from royal blood, and that they are not, raise an army and take the throne that would work. That sounds like a reach, but I suppose any idea is.

How did the royal bloodline come into being a royal bloodline?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

FreedomEntered

Do you know why there is sexism in the monarchy? How did this get started?

I'm guessing it goes back to the days when king ranked higher than queen and a non-royal monarch would be unacceptable to the family when a bloodline female queen would be preferred (Kate Middleton as queen consort would rank lower than her husband king William)

The whole royal thing is ridiculous to me though full stop, and the OP question expresses quite well the unfairness that an accident of birth denies my own son the chance of aspiring to be head of state.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I wonder whey saying you are royal gets more respect that a dr of metaphysics from university of fakery. lol
Then again what is the chance of the modern royals actually being related through the rmale line for thousands of years to the first kings as they claim?
edit on 16-9-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
"The Man Who Would be King" is an older movie about the subject. Here is a poor trailer for it. I recommend it for the actors and director. Parts of it are hilarious. Want to be king? Find a backwards, remote country and take over. Watch out though, they are vulnerable and highly superstitious. What happens when they find out you aren't really a God?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

werewolf99
I wonder whey saying you are royal gets more respect that a dr of metaphysics from university of fakery. lol

...because too many people cannot think for themselves?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The british royal family did once claim to be related to Jesus Christ, this was their basis for the devine right to rule. Many other royals do too. The emperor of Japan's claim to rule is based upon him being related to a divine dragon, as was the Emperor of Chinas.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
First you have to do a lot of work with geanologist and figure out your family tree to show some legitimacy to a particular throne or a member of a royal family. It is possible to do that. Then you would have to marry someone of royal blood to give yourself legitimate claim to a particular throne. In the mean time find out where all of the skeletons are buried for what ever country that still has a monarchy and follow the rules. Mind you that in most countries that still have royal families, there are laws that govern as to the line of succession along with who all is entitled to sit on the throne. Take England for example, as it has been mentioned in this posting, there are act(s) of succession where there is a clear line of who sits on it next. But then again, why would you want to be a king? You have no privacy, your entire day is already preplanned and those who do sit often are obligated. It is not as glorious life as many people would think or believe it to be.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

What gets me is how people think they are somehow more " blissful" and " happier" or more in control than other people. This simply isn't the case. They don't have any traits as such that give them what it takes to be royal.

In fact they can be worse psychologically and so forth. Look at Princess Diana and even Fergi.
I honestly think the line will get worse.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

sdcigarpig
Take England for example

Sorry to be picky but the current UK monarch is queen of the UK & Northern Ireland as well as other commonwealth countries who haven't yet dropped such an outdated undemocratic institution.
I'm from Wales and she is supposed to be my queen as a result of Llewellyn ap Gruffydd being killed back around 1282.

There has not been a queen or king of England since the union of England & Scotland in 1707.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
An Australian forklift driver who some historians argued was the true heir to the British throne has died in the small New South Wales town he called home.

Mike Hastings, 71, was a real-life aristocrat, born the 14th earl of Loudoun, who moved to Australia in 1960 in search of adventure.

He made international headlines in 2004 when a Channel Four documentary team conducted extensive research into the monarchy and concluded his ancestors were cheated out of the crown in the 15th century.

Found in the dailymail.co.uk

Heres the story www.abroadintheyard.com...

Edward was born 28 April 1442 in Rouen, France, where his father, Richard of York, was on campaign. The documentary presented doubts that Richard was Edward’s biological father. Those doubts were nothing new. Even during Edward’s own lifetime it was noted that he showed little resemblance to his father; Edward had a large round face and lantern-jaw, whereas Richard of York had thinner, pointed facial features. Edward, at over 6 feet, was also exceptionally tall for the period, which was unusual for the House of York.

So marry commoners means the Royal bloodline has gone.

So you may be able to be a Royal.
edit on 16-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Accident of birth is the lamest reason I could think to procure a head of state.
Any healthy child plucked from any family in the UK could be moulded into the role with the advantages this particular family has. I am (and always have been) passionately against hereditary rights to governance (even symbolically) in my or any country.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

werewolf99
I was wondering how could one become a king in the modern world: without inheriting it?

I know how you could become a Queen.....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Did you read the above links the rightful heir to the throne was cast out of the family?

www.telegraph.co.uk... Another link to it.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Ah yes, interesting thanks but there are so many discrepancies with the transition of the 'blood line' in history the whole thing is laughable at best......it's just a pity so many people buy into this BS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join