It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA chief Gen. Keith Alexander builds command center modeled after Star Trek...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Inside the mind of NSA chief Gen Keith Alexander.

It has been previously reported that the mentality of NSA chief Gen. Keith Alexander is captured by his motto "Collect it All". It's a get-everything approach he pioneered first when aimed at an enemy population in the middle of a war zone in Iraq, one he has now imported onto US soil, aimed at the domestic population and everyone else.

But the personality driving all of this - not just Alexander's but much of Washington's - is perhaps best captured by this one passage, highlighted by PBS' News Hour in a post entitled: "NSA director modeled war room after Star Trek's Enterprise". The room was christened as part of the "Information Dominance Center":

Ever heard the phrase, "the inmates are running the asylum"?

Houston, no wait, America, we have a problem.

I know that ATS doesnt want us to simply post items without our thoughts and input but what does one add to this?

Absolute power (and money), corrupts absolutely?

Clearly, the megalomaniacs are in charge.

We've got out of control mental patients running our government...

edit on 16-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I think that's where they shot the IRS training videos.

edit on 16-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I read the article but never saw, "How much did this cost the American Tax payers?"! I guess if you work for the government, the price of your toys is irrelevant?

But hey! If it is for our safety it must be good! Right?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Can you imagine sitting in that chair for 8 hrs/day? How boring. That's what I never understood about Star Trek. Even at "warp speed" it can take days to get somewhere. Does the Captain just hang out in the chair and stare blankly at the view screen?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
To boldly go where no spy has ever gone...

Into our Doctors office, Pharmacy, and ever single piece of Metadata generated by the world.

Absolutely Drunk with Power and a disgraceful display of fraud and waste.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
No idea if this is true or not, but I could understand this if it came out of the pocket(s) of people wanting it to be that way, but if the tax payers paid for it, I hope it's practical. Practical means not spending lavishly but only spending on what's needed.

Like the guy above me said, things need to make sense or it's a waste of money.

For example, all of those "chrome" panels are necessary? How?

Show me the evidence that making it look that way improves productivity.
edit on 16-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
He build a Federation bridge...the fool, doesn't he know the Klingons are comet ISON by now?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Wiki Bio on the General says he was in Florida between 1998 and 2001 and not in the role in Fort Belvoir until 2001

Commanding General of the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command at Fort Belvoir, Virginia from 2001 to 2003
Director of Intelligence (J-2), United States Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Florida from 1998 to 2001

It appears that the architect’s website has exceeded its bandwidth allocation or the billing period, so you can’t get the actual PDF brochure showing the Trekkie operations center. However, If you Google the cached html version of the file, you’ll see that the completion date for the project was July 1999.

The dates don't add up. Those pictures are not the real deal.

EDIT: a copy of the PDF brochure can be found Here
edit on 16-9-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
Can you imagine sitting in that chair for 8 hrs/day? How boring. That's what I never understood about Star Trek. Even at "warp speed" it can take days to get somewhere. Does the Captain just hang out in the chair and stare blankly at the view screen?

Well, it sounds boring but I think it really is not.

We really don't know how long the captain sits on his chair on a daily basis. I'm assuming that if Star Trek really simulates a real military chain of command, operations etc. etc. I am fairly certain that the captain only clock in a short period of time.

I mean, he is the top management officer on the ship, so he's only there to manage some of the Department leaders, get reports, discuss a few important topics, make a few key decisions.

The remaining time, it depends on which generation of Star Trek we are referring to. If we are talking about J.J. Abram's Wrath of Khan reboot, then the ships have not yet installed any holographic technologies.

If the ships are outfitted with holo decks, then they can spend a lot of their "boring time" in holographic chambers. I mean, they could literally simulate anything, even intercourse with holograms you design yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

seeker1963

I read the article but never saw, "How much did this cost the American Tax payers?"

Not to worry this probably falls in between Donald Rumsfeld's missing $2 trillion and the Federal Reserves missing $9 trillion.

Frankly I wish they had just taken the money and built the actual USS Enterprise.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

That's why Quark's were called "Holosuites"

I also thought that maybe the Captain hides out in his "Ready Room". Or, you could always play music like Data did in Generations...

"Life forms, You tiny little life forms, You precious little life forms, Where are you?"

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
snf because your op is pretty good ..

But there is already a thread up I saw it last night..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join