It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School AP History Book Rewrites 2nd Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

That little difference is closer than what they did with the 2A. The idea behind the separation of the church and state and the prohibition against Congress to establish a religion is based on the concept that, by having religious influences/preference in the federal language, it's been argued that such behaviors create a implied establishment of religion. It's a tricky one.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Really?
And this school is in Texas?
I thought they gave you a gun with your birth certificate after you were born in Texas.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by benrl

Really?
And this school is in Texas?
I thought they gave you a gun with your birth certificate after you were born in Texas.

So just imagine what they are teaching in states like Ca.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Great post! "Their" agenda becomes more apparent every day.

And now, you need to be in a Militia to own a gun...

And it will just be a matter of time until "They" consider gun owners a "hostile" militia of type, and will need to take "appropriate" action.

edit on 16-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In my minds eye I envision the same thing that has happened to mankind in general over time.

My children's children will have to be responsible for knowing two separate realities; if they wish to be truly informed citizens; they will have to know both the truth, and the lie they are expected to believe.

Many future 'intelligent' students will proceed into society with the accolades of the 'government compliant' education system; thinking that any story about people who insist that the only justification they need to be armed is that "It's my right." is an example of ignorance. And they will know with "certainty" that such ignorance is to be rejected. Thus their own indoctrination into ignorance will become 'truth' to them.

Ignorance is knowledge.

This is the same phenomenon that overtook reality with MANY things...

- Different is dangerous.
- Some people are above the law... and, of course, they should be.
- If a person is born or lives on 'the other side of some imaginary line they are 'different.'
- It's encouraged to hate people you don't know.
- If a celebrity speaks - accept it.
- We are supposed to emulate celebrities.
- Profit is the prime purpose of productivity.
- Speaking truth to power is a degenerate trait.
- Leaders must be beautiful.
- Honor is obsolete, and leads to disappointment.
- Truth is too costly.
- People are stupid.
- Pride, unless shared with you, is threatening.
- Consume, consume, consume... it's "good" for the country.

I don't know... maybe I'm just cynical... which of course is another sign of degeneracy.

George Carlin..., I miss you.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

My rule is: if you shoot it, you eat it. Excepting times where you are defending your life.

We have loads of guns,a nd shoot weekly. So i bought my son, at his request, a shirt that says, "The only numbers I know", and it is surrounded by various and sundry ammo related numbers (5.56, 7.62, .45, etc).

His french teacher took offense and sent him tot he office. THe vice principle said, "Well, she is being a bit silly about it....but by the letter of the policy it is referencing a "weapon".

So he bristled and mouthed off a bit. I get called into the principles office for a conference. I explain my position (its not a weapon, but a tool we feed our family with). They told me i was crazy. So on the way out I pointed out a kid with a dragon tshirt. Had a dude with a sword. I asked him if that was a weapon. Of course, they rolled their eyes. but now you cannot wear a shirt with a dude holding a sword.

My next phase, if they push it any further: no military emblems. If a bullet is a weapon, so is a soldier. Why are we glorifying war and killing?

Of course, I am being obnoxious about it.
I know this. But don't care.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
and this is why I never trusted formal academia. They do this all the time. History has been rewritten several times by these "wise ones".

Their loss. Liars and their lies are temporal things thoroughly anchored in their little and petty mortality.

Those who know truth may pump gas or work woth sledgehammers, but they continue to make the world.

These fools in power or holding the reins of education run around thinking THEY shape the world.....not with lies you don't. When it all comes crashing down the ones still standing aren't senators or the wealthy .....its everyone else. THAT is who forges the world and that is who they must whore themselves to so as to corrupt it all again.

Full circle....we will just write it again as it was intended .....over and over again, revolt after revolt ...growing wiser everytime..

edit on 9 16 2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

jude11
reply to post by benrl

Very easy to see where the US is heading and it won't be pretty.

Sooner or later the burgers will run out, reality shows will be cancelled and a license will be needed to view the internet. All guns will exist underground and just complaining about any of it will land you in a FEMA camp.

It sounded ridiculous a few years ago but now it's ridiculous to be blind to it.

The only question is when the people will stand up against their oppressors. Sooner rather than later I hope. Yes it will result in chaos for a long time but I still believe the people will triumph.

Please keep in mind that this is not my wish but rather just a realization of what must happen before it truly is too late.

Peace

edit on 16-9-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

But why would they cancel reality shows though? Without it the sheeple will have no distraction and will start paying attention to the crimes of the despot.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

starwarsisreal

But why would they cancel reality shows though? Without it the sheeple will have no distraction and will start paying attention to the crimes of the despot.

It will be like Fahrenheit 451, peoples attention span will be so short and taken up by the TV no one will care...

oh wait that's already happened.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Then I fear for the future of Americans then, it seems that even with a North Korean Style Repressive government in front of their eyes they still wouldn't wake up.
edit on 16-9-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
I dont homeschool. But i do educate them at home. Then send them back to reeducate their teacher

Yes and then they fail from speaking against the teacher. :p

I flunked half of my post-high school degrees because I just wouldn't nod to lies and disinformation.

No matter, the price of truth is invaluable.
edit on 16-9-2013 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What a bunch of crap! How hard is it to teach them from the actual constitution?
Oh, wait, never mind. We can't have people knowing the truth now can we.
It's rather fitting that Animal Farm, 1984 & Fahrenheit 451 have all been referenced in this thread. We are already there. It is comforting to know these discrepancies are still being caught, but how long will it be before people really don't have a clue?

We need to teach our kids the truth, in any way possible. They also need to be aware of the need to carry it on to their children and grandchildren so that it doesn't just get erased so easily. They also need to be taught a certain self sufficiency and critical thinking skills so they are not so easily hypnotized to the shallow ways of the world today. This frustrates me so bad, please forgive me if my thoughts are disjointed on the matter. This is just one more confirmation that homeschooling my kids is the right decision for us.

Thank you for bringing this to light. Keep up the good work everyone!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

woodsmom

We need to teach our kids the truth, in any way possible. They also need to be aware of the need to carry it on to their children and grandchildren so that it doesn't just get erased so easily. They also need to be taught a certain self sufficiency and critical thinking skills so they are not so easily hypnotized to the shallow ways of the world today.

You make perfect sense, and this should be the Duty of every Citizen of this Constitutional Republic, otherwise we will end up just like Rome.

A footnote in a long world history of Tyranny.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I wouldn't call it a rewrite but a view that is held by those who argue ardently that the Second Amendment was intended to be limited to the States' and their militias.

For instance, the ACLU maintains the position that the Second Amendment protects a "collective Right" (what ever that means) instead of an "Individual Right". The problem with this stance is that in order to have a collective, you must have Individuals and to secure that "collective", you would think to identify the right to defend ones self no?

The New York Times, starts on the premise that, "[T]he text of the Second Amendment creates no right to private possession of guns..." and that "the courts must be very caution about extending the individual right to own a gun".

I could continue on with these, and this "AP" text clearly adheres to this thinking, that the Right is not a Right, but a grant of allowance by a benevolent Government. That is the only way to justify the above quoted positions.
edit on 16-9-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

These people lie on a scale unheard of and believe if they say "it" then it is true so why not this??....... Hay lets through this lie out there and see if it sticks.

If the parents of the kids in this and other schools allow this to go unchecked then the Constitution manipulators and destroyers will have won with another lie.

Where is Perry in all this?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Meh, condensed content for studying for an exam.

Some people have an uncontrollable itch to cry wolf for every little thing.
edit on 16-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Then it speaks to the exam no? Have any child write anything beyond filling in a bubble on a multiple choice test an they will fail. To me, this speaks louder than the context in which they are presenting the information.

A child, taking a test to examine how much they have learned and how they can apply critical thinking is more important than just identifying an Amendment that recognizes the Individual Right to defend themselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

So what, it doesn't change the fact that the text in question is not a rewrite of history as the OP claims.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

It is a one sided claim for sure; as I identified in my first response here. It does nothing to spark the notion of debate or even remotely cover the issue.

The OPs claims are not that far off.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree, it's absolutely our responsibility to educate and carry on. My biggest dilemma lately seems to be how do we get through to the rest of of our family and friends who are already so indoctrinated that this means nothing. You know those folks who can go on for an hour about Miley Cyrus at the VMAs but then look at you like you have two heads when you bring up Syria? Or those folks that think that turning our textbooks, and AP nonetheless, into an over simplified version of a cliff notes is ok? My second grader knows the first few amendments better than that. This blasé attitude toward reality and education is getting us nowhere fast.

I'm thankful for ATS and the like minds around here, or I may have given up on people as a lost cause a long time ago. I am doing my part in educating my kids, and really try to at least bring the realities of this world in front of people who have no time for it otherwise. I may be the crazy lady in the room most of the time, but I am used to it by now. I feel bad for people in the lower 48 sometimes, I encounter this all the time, but those same people are also capable of shooting and butchering an animal or foraging and preserving their harvest.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join