It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School AP History Book Rewrites 2nd Amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Guyer High School (and obviously several others) are complicit in attempting to condition students to interpret the 2nd Amendment in a clearly opposite manner in which it was intended.

This textbook, currently being used by Guyer High School, is attempting to redefine the Second Amendment to impressionable young minds. Parents, you must speak up and demand action. Investigate your child's history book ASAP, and post more pictures in the comments below. Call your school and demand that revisionist history books like this are removed from the school district.

Daily paul

Yet more evidence of an "agenda" to degrade the strength of the Constitution, start with the young and be patient.

Just like the 4th and Expectation of privacy, once people except the intrusions they will only grow.

How 1984 can we get, the government spies on us, the TSA molest us, they changes the words to have new meanings. Civilians become Insurgents, Torture becomes Enhanced Interrogation, Kidnapping Extraordinary Rendition...

And now, you need to be in a Militia to own a gun, surprising coming from Texas.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Man ... that's pretty bad! WOW. Good catch!
That's either agenda on the part of the writer ... or stupidity.
(Or perhaps both)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Man ... that's pretty bad! WOW. Good catch!
That's either agenda on the part of the writer ... or stupidity.
(Or perhaps both)

Well, seeing how its an error that would directly affect the nation's future, the indoctrination of our youth... I would lean toward agenda rather than error.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Are we sure they even intended a slight on the 2nd Amendment here? I'm not trying to excuse this idiocy but actually pointing out it's worse than first thought. I could understand the 2nd being butchered for political purposes. I didn't say agree...just understand.

However? This is the 3rd Amendment text:

No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Source

and the 4th:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Source

What did they do? Have a freshmen in to abridge the document to save page space?! ...and this is Advanced Placement level?!

Well, golly gee..I'm sure glad everyone knows the Constitution so well, a little chopping of language like that won't matter huh? Oh... wait... people DO NOT know it anything like 'that well', do they?

I DO notice which ones they care to add the extra effort to ...but I happen to think the 2nd, 3rd and 4th are ALSO important, don't you? WOW!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
only gives you more ammo, pun Intended, to home school your kids.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Looks like this was paraphrased. By evil intent? Yeah most likely. Can you imagine paraphrasing medical textbooks or even the manuals from the auto-shop classes? Not a good idea to paraphrase textbooks.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nice catch!! Sure makes you wonder WTF is going on in this country,,,,,,that's for sure!

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Benjamin felt a nose nuzzling at his shoulder. He looked round. It was Clover. Her old eyes looked dimmer than ever. Without saying anything, she tugged gently at his mane and led him round to the end of the big barn, where the Seven Commandments were written. For a minute or two they stood gazing at the tatted wall with its white lettering.

"My sight is failing," she said finally. "Even when I was young I could not have read what was written there. But it appears to me that that wall looks different. Are the Seven Commandments the same as they used to be, Benjamin?"

For once Benjamin consented to break his rule, and he read out to her what was written on the wall. There was nothing there now except a single Commandment. It ran:

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS
Animal Farm -- George Orwell

When laws don't work in the government's favor, the laws will be rewritten. The same way they were rewritten to allow fiat currency. How many people today know that fiat currency was once prohibited by federal law?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

camaro68ss

Or just be involved with your child's education, as this parent was, so you can catch any inaccuracies or falsehoods.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by benrl

Looks like this was paraphrased. By evil intent? Yeah most likely. Can you imagine paraphrasing medical textbooks or even the manuals from the auto-shop classes? Not a good idea to paraphrase textbooks.
And at the top of the page in the textbook, it says "Preparing for the Advanced Placement Exam." So yeah, to make a good grade and get in the 'smart class' you have to spout back what this page says. Learn your lessons well, kiddies! You'll be indoctrinated in no time!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
2nd amendment gives the right to keep and bear arms. Nowhere in it does it give you any permission to own ammunition for those arms. So better start hoarding those swords and clubs

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

camaro68ss

I dont homeschool. But i do educate them at home. Then send them back to reeducate their teacher

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by benrl

Exactly, even if it was for benign reasons, its still a problem.

Is this what we want from OUR future citizens, can't be bothered to learn actual facts, paraphrasing and summary will work just fine...

Thats a recipe for a nation of mediocrity.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

camaro68ss

I dont homeschool. But i do educate them at home. Then send them back to reeducate their teacher
'

I was the bain of my teachers because of my father, He taught me how to entertain a thought with out accepting it.

You can't imagine how well that went over in public education, question everything attitude is frowned upon...

Its been 10 years since I stepped foot in any kind of classroom, I can only imagine how bad it is now.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

AARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Very easy to see where the US is heading and it won't be pretty.

Sooner or later the burgers will run out, reality shows will be cancelled and a license will be needed to view the internet. All guns will exist underground and just complaining about any of it will land you in a FEMA camp.

It sounded ridiculous a few years ago but now it's ridiculous to be blind to it.

The only question is when the people will stand up against their oppressors. Sooner rather than later I hope. Yes it will result in chaos for a long time but I still believe the people will triumph.

Please keep in mind that this is not my wish but rather just a realization of what must happen before it truly is too late.

Peace

edit on 16-9-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

jude11
reply to post by benrl

Very easy to see where the US is heading and it won't be pretty.

Sooner or later the burgers will run out, reality shows will be cancelled and a license will be needed to view the internet. All guns will exist underground and just complaining about any of it will land you in a FEMA camp.

One of my favorite quotes.

“The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater.”- Frank Zappa

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

The first amendment has a significant alteration as well that goes outside of simply serving to simplify the ideas behind it.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

It's not as stark of a difference as the 2nd Amendment variant but I find the shortening of the 1A to "petition and assembly" to be really very curious. For one thing, what is the general context of what an assembly is for a high school student? Back when I was a high schooler, that was the school getting together before a big football game, watching some school or grade wide presentation, and etc. Those words in regards to who can be petitioned are very important as they are the precise reason why the 1A is, in fact, the 1A.

Original Second Amendment:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

If you look at the phrasing, you can see how they twisted it. In more modern English, we would've stuck an "and" in there but Madison lived in the 18th Century and was probably the king of run on sentences. The best way to fight back on this one would be teaching one's children the Supreme Court case of the District of Columbia v. Heller, 2008, as that would be the strongest one. It was the Supreme Court's ruling that the individual's right to keep and bear arms was implied by the 2A.

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of.

The Federalist #46

The Federalist #46 is a hell of a read as it implies that the sole purpose of an armed citzenry would be to repel a federal army as the citzenry would vastly outnumber the military. I think it's because of the implications of Article 1 Section 8. This is fascinating. Although I had to study the Constitution, I don't recall anything coming up in terms of standing armies in my poli sci class. Between the Federalist #46 and Article 1 Section 8, it would seem that there was intended to be a guard against a federal standing army and the idea was that each state would operate its own well regulated militia. That isn't what we have today but I'm a novice on this subject. If someone could explain to me how the Department of Defense, with the exception of the US Navy, is constitutional, I'd really love to hear it.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I think all of the summaries above are more than a bit off.

For example, I cannot find the phrase "separation of church and state" in my copy of the constitution.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If this is a Advanced Placement level exam, now I know why so many of todays college grads are such dolts. There are many villages missing their idiots, but they probably don't want them back either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join