It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired Inside US Navy Base In Washington

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

shells4u
reply to post by Britster1821

here is a pic of those people...it looks odd who are they?

Good find, Shells! I have no idea. I'm getting ready to head to class, but I'll have some time to kill after that. I want to know who they are. That lady's poker face isn't very good...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

That guy in the basket looks like he is carrying an UZI.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by SWCCFAN

What is it not possible that it was just some disgruntled worker.

That's what I think. Maybe we can now hear how military personel can't have certain guns now. No one can make this a civilian matter since it does appear to be an inside job.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

It`s ironic that Carrying a gun—whether openly or concealed—is currently illegal in D.C.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Yes to be armed is to be patriotic. To be patriotic is to be armed.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How could there be a shooting ?

After all those EO's that were just signed.

Thoughts and prayers go out to those effected.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Britster1821

shells4u
reply to post by Britster1821

here is a pic of those people...it looks odd who are they?

Good find, Shells! I have no idea. I'm getting ready to head to class, but I'll have some time to kill after that. I want to know who they are. That lady's poker face isn't very good...

Looks like the Cast from the movie "Olypus has fallen",, how ironic,, lol

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
So there are at least 2 gunmen in military outfits on the loose in the area. Could be another Boston-like manhunt.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The FBI has officially taken over the situation. It's no longer a local enforcement matter.

-CNN

Kinda interesting.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A former Navy Seal was just on CNN and said that it would be easy for someone with bad intentions to get on this base.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Death toll now at 12:

www.wral.com...
At least 12 people were killed.

First it was 2 dead, then 4, then 6, then 9, and now it's 12. I even heard of 14 dead this morning. I wonder if that is supposed to be the final toll.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
One shooter IDed as Aaron Alexis, 34:

www.nbcwashington.com...
That gunman, 34-year-old Aaron Alexis of Fort Worth, Texas, is among the twelve dead. Officials said he recently began working as a civilian contractor.
The FBI, which now is leading the investigation, believes the gunman used the identification of a man who used to work at Navy Yard.... . The ID was found next to his body in Building 197, where most of the victims were shot on the third and fourth floors.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Nvm the post above me gave al the info

edit on 16-9-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

starviego
One shooter IDed as Aaron Alexis, 34:

www.nbcwashington.com...
That gunman, 34-year-old Aaron Alexis of Fort Worth, Texas, is among the twelve dead. Officials said he recently began working as a civilian contractor.
The FBI, which now is leading the investigation, believes the gunman used the identification of a man who used to work at Navy Yard.... . The ID was found next to his body in Building 197, where most of the victims were shot on the third and fourth floors.

Sorry for the double post but i just got information trough twitter that the gunman is similair to the removed linkedln profile of a Aaron Alexis.According to its linkedln account it said he was a former U.S. Navy and he was a contractor at the moment.

Sorry but ATS upload doesnt work for me at the moment -_- timing so here you go

Photo :

Extra info :
Alexis was arrested for discharging a firearm in his apartment in 2010 after firing a bullet through the ceiling. He claimed he was cleaning his gun and was not charged with a crime, according to NBC5 reporter Scott Gordon.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Dutcheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
They are really pushing the idea of mentally 'screening' all prospective gun owners. Look for this guy to be portrayed as an undiagnosed nut job.

And it looks now that talk of the other two suspects will quietly fade.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

I totally agree i was listening to WUSA 9 news channel and all they do is talk about how they have to do something about these kind of incidents that's there main subject at the moment its pathetic.. its all theater

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

In the event of attack what are the protocols, I would like to know from your friend.

I find it interesting that the pres had a news conference about the economy as this was progressing. Same as Bush. Could this be a test on Fema reg 3 to weigh the levels of security for a larger event?

Airing now are more interviews and the press conference from the LEs. A reporter asked for a timeline on the perp in regards to "taking him down." The lady speaking said NO COMMENT. Surprised? Of course they need to get their facts straight for/from the injured and the ones who have passed. Amazing how much bloviating is going on from the MSM. They are weaving their story as they see it falling from the "excerpts of the experts."

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

On every base I have worked on it was all non-essential security personnel are to shelter in place and wait for the all clear. I would assume that that base would have the same plan.

The base near my house went to a higher state of alert and is checking all Id's which is normal.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
What is really sad is that all military bases are gun free zones. So it leaves plenty of victims. If the US gov't trust them enough to have a security clearance they should trust them enough to carry a firearm. That simple change would make them a place that we would not see a mass shooting again.

I say let the people arm themselves. After all who is responsible for your safety?

When seconds count the cops are only minutes away.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
You know this always makes me think its beeing reported all over the news this guy wasnt dangerous at all according to people in his environment.And you constantly hear about the gun law while this news is coming out i'm beginning to think this was another mind control game to there agenda.Especially because this guy had a few medals in the army against terrorism it just doesnt make sense.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join