It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Just a quickie and I am not up on this event. I'm at the college and too busy to keep up. However, on the 3 rd burst? Anyone with a Special Weapons permit (more commonly known as a Class III Permit) can buy a selective fire weapon.....so it's not availability.

It would be the first time for anything remotely like it to come from legal buyers under that permit program though..IF it had anything to do with it for weapons source?

I'd say 3rd burst..if that is what is being called a major factor here? Indicates fire discipline a whole lot more than weapon source. That discipline is what usually is never seen among criminals and terrorists.

This will be interesting to follow....and best wishes for all impacted by this new crisis.
edit on 16-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
2nd suspect is still not secured.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
One lone gumnman reported at first but now more shooters being reported? Do we have numbers on how many?

Did they shoot # 2 just now?

link   
I have a strange sensation that this event is diversionary. Especially considering they are reporting more than one aggressor.

link   
They all but confirmed on the EMS Scanner of a second suspect.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Where do all these responders come from? You make a phone call and it takes an hour 1 car to get there! It looks a bit like overkill to me.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Any one know yet if HRT has been deployed, they are based close by i think and this would seem to fall into their kind of thing.

link   
Medical was stating that they could not go in because there was still a suspect free at this time.

link   
Now ATF is on the scene! How many agencies need to be there if it's a lone gunman and he is either self barricaded or cornered in a stairwell?!

Kudos to TPTB for this incredibly diversionary smoke screen!!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dumb question but what is HRT?

link   
live news coverage link

nbc

link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

Hostage response team?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If it's more than one perp this will go up in headlines as a terrorist act.
Iranian cell get itchy fingers?
The timing couldn't be more convenient.

edit on 16-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
just heard on nbc that more shots were just fired during a sweep in the building? can anyone confirm?
edit on 16-9-2013 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

FBI's Hostage Rescue Team.

They are a dedicated domestic counter terrorism unit that specialize in this kind of thing and train with units like Delta and DEVGRU, you can kind of think of them as a enhanced SWAT Team that, like a domestic delta-force (kind of)

I can give you a larger explanation if you would like but thats the quick version.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Theyre saying ONE suspect is 'down'....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Reports of the second shooter being engaged now. New gunfire reported. Sounds as though there may also be some new wounded on EMS channels.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
local news is saying TWO shooters down...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I deal with people at Washington Navy Yard every day, including this morning. As far as they know, it was a single person with at least (1) rifle and (1) handgun. They were down the hall from where at least one of the shootings happened, and have been kept informed since the shooter exited that location.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Metro DC Police presser due in a few minutes per Steve Centani (sp?) FNC...

Earlier Former DC detective Rod Wheeler was on FNC saying the concerns of a 2nd shooter were due to hospital reports that there were different caliber rounds from some of the victims..

Wheeler also mentioned that the suspect was on 3rd - 4th floor, with swat teams on floors above and below, trying to get the suspect to give up...

He also mentioned a nearby elementary school that was locked down, and that the Marines were protecting that school...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join