It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss America crowns 1st winner of Indian descent; racist tweets flow

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Education reform? Social campaigns... that kind of thing.

Strikes me that something needs changing with society.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

phantomjack

purplemer
reply to post by neformore

There is statical evidence that both racists and conservatives have a lower IQ on average. Both a disability to see the bigger picture. Society will always have its stupid elements.

Really? Do you want to cite that "evidence" you have there? Or do you want to continue to spew your ignorance and hate a little more?

Or are you representing that "society" you are speaking about?

Well did you ever notice that institutions of higher learning get labeled "liberal"? That's because the uneducated tend to be conservative while the educated tend to be more liberal. Therefore colleges are "liberal". You might not like it but that's the way it is. As for uneducated conservatives I don't think you have to look too far to find them, a lot of them can be found in your "tea party".

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I agree, I always see how easily they can be manipulated on a daily basis. People just have to read ATS for the proof.

People with low IQ's tend to be easily lend around...Obama threads, and such are a great example.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

So there is no such thing as liberal racist.

Did the tweeters declare their political affiliation?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Twitter will be the downfall of civilization as we know it. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well apparently she need sensitivity training also.
www.thehollywoodgossip.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Of course, the conservatives want to hide this story, telling people it is a non issue, it is CNN manipulating...etc, what a surprise.

They always want to cover up racist stories yet want everyone to read and believe their poor white man threads, you know the ones that pop up every now and then.

I would bet and most likely win, that all those tweets are all from conservatives that have bought into the whole right wing BS, that brown people of Asian decent are usually terrorists and that dark skinned people are too be feared.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Macdon

She's not! She's horrible. If that's the best America can do then they must be truly down and out.

As for you indoctrinated politically correct commie cronies, try going to India and winning Miss India if you're white or not of the right caste - the most bigoted system in the world.

Yet they come to our countries and demand to be equals!

And here is one those idiotic racists here on ATS...conservative by any chance?

Who the hell cares about what India does...this is an American pageant. This is not grade school..you are supposed to outgrow the whole "well they did this, so I have to do it back" mentality..except of course if your Texan.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

And the liberals want to get as much traction out of any and all things racial.

next

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I would not bash or say all conservatives are low IQ, i know few myself... who are blood related... but...

i can 100% say they are ignorant and are happy because of it, the "racist" and "low IQ" part is because of the ignorance, it just seems that way.

im pretty sure most of the post from tweeter is from that group.

Some are actually Xenophobic... but if you add the MSM's "they coming to tek yur Fredom!" = they look racist lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Macdon

Yet they come to our countries and demand to be equals!

Right? How F-ing dare they!? they have to kill few natives before they can be initiated as one of "us".

Also "beauty pageant" is not about beauty, they test in various skill sets, i seen hotter ones lose and okay ones win.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
They still do the Miss America pageant? I guess my bigger question is that people still care about such fluff?

The title itself has a dim history of having attractive young women hanging out in swimsuits to attract customers to the Atlantic City Boardwalk after summer was over and before winter set in. The girls were competing for a scholarship prize based on poise, grace, confidence, ability to fill a swimsuit and be a "good wife". Darker parts of it history was that the women had to be virgins (medically checked), religiously conservative (checked) and until the 1970's provide a thorough background to confirm white racial purity (better not had a distant relative married to a Cherokee to keep them from the death march known as The Trail of Tears).

Seriously the whole thing is a scholarship contest based on the ability to turn a guy's head. In the end, Miss America goes into relative obscurity with the exceptions of Lee Meriwether, Phyllis George and Vanessa Williams (who also famously lost the crown).

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The same silly comments, oh, I bet they were all conservatives and white and christian, oh,! did I mention stupid, because we all know conservative Christians have a lower IQ., and are less educated,
herp derp

And for some strange reason lumping all conservative Christians as racist and ignorant is OK?

or this contestant insulting the other beauty queen as fat is OK?

So see, everyone sucks.

They are every bit as bigoted.

big·ot·ed
ˈbigətid/
adjective
adjective: bigoted

having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.
"a bigoted group of reactionaries"
synonyms: prejudiced, biased, partial, one-sided, sectarian, discriminatory;
opinionated, dogmatic, intolerant, narrow-minded, blinkered, illiberal;
racist, sexist, chauvinistic, jingoistic;
warped, twisted, distorted[
edit on 093030p://bMonday2013 by stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by stormdancer777

Thread started about a woman of Indian decent winning Miss America Pageant and all the hateful replies tweeted afterward, instead of condemning it, you post a link to a story that is full of gossip and heresay in order to make her look bad.

Good job...really shows your a conservative. Person has to deal with racist speech...conservative comes on and posts link to stories or background information in an attempt to make the racists justified.

There must be a class you guys take..because it is always the same old routine.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
As a personal disclaimer, I haven't watched any pageants since I was a teen because it dawned on me how dull they were. However, it strikes me as flat out xenophobic that some people are having tantrums over Miss USA's ethnicity this year. Give me a break, like skin tone makes the nationality here.

I guess their idea of an American woman is like Miss Teen USA here, white, blonde & not that bright?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Macdon

try going to India and winning Miss India if you're white or not of the right caste

What an utterly idiotic and ignorant statement.

Forget frivolous contests like "Miss India"... white women who have Indian citizenship can go as far as becoming the Prime Minister of India. Sonia Gandhi... a white woman of Italian descent was extremely close to becoming the Prime Minister of India. This same white Italian woman holds massive political power in India, as she is part of a very powerful Indian family.

If you have a problem with non-whites becoming Miss America, maybe you should take it up with the pageant organizers and convince them to make it a whites-only event.

edit on 16-9-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

lol yeah i saw that(in fact 2x posted already), she is trying to derail the thread by making the person in question look bad..so in a way to "justify" their hate for her.

And the source is from hollygossip.. wowee!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here I go again attracting more hostile fire...

IMHO, there are only two kinds of people in this world.
Rich and poor...everything else is an illusion designed to separate man (or woman) from their brothers and sisters. Conservative, liberal, black, white, yellow, red, christian, hebrew, muslim...all a lie...all some dusty, rusty tradition and tradition is nothing more than dead people's baggage.
You wanna run around and put labels to everything and everyone and judge it based on subjective merits which don't amount to a hill of beans...just a mouthful of greek salad. We have rich and we have poor....that's it....everything else is a distraction created to keep you a slave. It's my honest held opinion that anyone who chooses to identify by either race, religion or nationality was raised by unfit parents to begin with.
Don't be distracted by the flashing lights & pretty bells because we're ALL in this together, life's too short and NO one gets out alive....but what do I know.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

neformore
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Education reform? Social campaigns... that kind of thing.

Strikes me that something needs changing with society.

Sho 'nuff it does!

Education reform....lets talk about wiping the slate clean there altogether.

Social campaigns....i guess it has worked to some degree with Bullying.

But there does need to be some sort of societal change.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is an interesting thread. Its no wonder no native American woman has ever gotten any love or recognition as a beauty queen until now. Have you ever been so priviledged as to see what the majority of real life "native American" people are like???

Here is a clue they are reclusive, ignorant, naive assholes. (Not to mention how they hold on strongly to the typical stereotype and substance abuse).

They have great family pride and respect for
Their "tribe" lol its all bull# and they encourage their young to run around wearing trashy looking jerseys reading "Native Pride".
Whenever I see such a thing I think to myself, "more like naive pride".

I'm speaking from personal experience folks NO I'm NOT racist, I'm shedding a light on an issue here that still holds strong to this day.

Native Americans abuse their special Government aided priviledges, the natives around my area are not accustomed
to having such money and they blow it on alcohol, other drugs, and who knows what else. The Government Knows this! But still keeps on giving.

In my area a new highschool graduate will receive up to $25,000 upon graduation for no reason at all other than having a mother or father with tribal blood. It's getting to the point now where these Windians "individuals who look nothing like a Native American and more like a usual Caucasian" are reaping the benefits with little or nothing to show for their heritage.

If you have ever had a personal "public" encounter with a Native American individual you will note immediately how they have rude and crude manners, very disrespectful to others beyond their personal family or heritage.

They will be spotted with outrageously modified vehicles "$1,000-$5,000 spent on chrome rims ect...all given to them
By special Government encentives and bonuses given by their tribal leaders.

The funny thing is money truely does NOT buy happiness or creates a better lifestyle because at the end of the day these same people fronting with their Government $ are the ones driving out of town back to their broken down trailer on a reservation that has been know locally to have had a murder, rape, and drug house holdings.

Ugh, it's a mess you don't want to see or ever be exposed to.. I know there are
Intelligent, caring, and compassionate elder natives who hold true to their bloody roots, and can teach and uplift humanity with their ancient ways. Although sadly every year that passes every elder that dies, leaves the money hungry greedy alcoholic substance abusing Native American that our current society is so use to seeing.

Maybe this is why it took soo long for a native princess to become a beauty pageant winner??

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join