It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Makes Time Magazine Cover Around World, Except 'US'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

it's quite ridiculous isnt it!

Either Time magazine is being told to do this or they just feel 'real news' doesn't sell well over there. Either way its not good.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's puzzling to me that in all those other country's, Time magazine was changed to the Putin cover.
I mean is it not important that the plight of the college football player and their need to get paid not important?

Smell the pigskin people!
Wake the *$&@ UP!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The United States of Awkwardness.

This is just ridiculous..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think you miss understand.

I dont exactly like putin BUT he did for once do the right thing with syria. No he dont deserve a noble prize but credit were credits due. Im just happy he did something right and averted what could of beenvery bloodly war. Yeah putin will most likely go back to being a evil SOB but for now be happy for what he did,

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Too bad Time didn't post Putin's victims photos next to him......

Alexander Litvinenko would agree, if he wasn't dead.

Litvinenko was a traitor who committed high treason, a KGB operative who deserted and joined MI5. He then plotted against his own country and divulged military secrets to the British. Putin was well within his rights to have him killed, he died a traitors death and its hard to have any pity for him. Even his own father said that he was a traitor and that he deserved what he got..
edit on 16-9-2013 by auraelium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

darkbake
reply to post by coldkidc

So Time magazine actually reports real news in other countries? This is a bit suspicious, actually.
edit on 16-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

I actually laughed out loud when i read your post lol, id thought id woken the neighbors.
you're kind of looking a lot like North Koreans from where im sitting, you poor souls

You get to read about anxiety is good for you, what makes a great school, chore wars and the bible hahaha

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
well...this might be an opportunity to get a EU copy of the Time issue with Putin on the cover..

it could turn out to be a collectors item
but that would result in more magazines being sold wouldn't it

Oh.... now i get it

the USA cover is targeting the bread-&-circus crowds in the Homeland
while the Putin cover is a sigh of relief from the rest of the world that nrrowly excaped a conflict
~I bet all the content and articles are exactly the same, only the covers are different~
edit on 16-9-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I just dont see how giveing Putin kudos for doing the right thing in Syria makes you a Putin supporter?

I dont particaly agree with 99% of what said by posters like Neo, Sonny or Seabag make. But every now and again they come out with some gem/good post and they earn a star or flag from me. Doesnt mean I suddenly agree with the 99% of stuff I formaly didnt agree with.
edit on 16-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

This isn't new, Time always prints a different edition for America, usually a dumb downed addition.

Time sucks and hopefully will go out of print one day.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You guys are ridiculous. You made this all about USA vs. Russia but skipped over the fact that there's a censorship of information for the USA citizens. For the country that 'exports' democracy among ME countries, this is just crazy.

And for everyone criticizing Putin:
Obama has a list of people with connection to the extremists and he orders a hit for at least one of them every week. This is at least 48 ordered hits/year. No one is a saint here.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

sonnny1

earthling42

Ohh i am sure he is too, but he also stopped the US from bombing yet another country, it was about time someone did that.

Before or after Russian weapons are used in Assad's "civil war"?

What are the differences between Conventional weapons or Chemicals weapons in the eyes of the innocent dead in Syria?

Did Time Magazine take any of this under account?

There's no massive feeling of love and gratitude towards Putin. But many of us feel he did do the right thing when it came to the US invasion of Syria. Whether it be for his own selfish/political reasons or not, the man saved many Syrian lives.

It may not be wise to choose one side of the lesser of two evils, but I will not support the US's invasion of Syria.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

beezzer

Please pay no attention to the rest of the world. Just enjoy the spoon-fed propaganda that is being served to you, courtesy of the current administration.

(om-nom-nom-om-nom-nom)

Time isn't owned by the current administration. Time has for DECADES tailored its US publication to the delicate American pallet. The reason? To make money. If Vlad on the cover would sell in the US, he would be on the cover in the US.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I also think Kudos should be given to that Rand Paul of yours for standing his ground aganist some of the most powerfull "men" of America. I dont agree with most of his Far right ways BUT at least he is honnest and speaks for his constituants he is employed to represent!
edit on 16-9-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

sonnny1

crazyewok
reply to post by sonnny1

Like the US president doesnt have blood on his hands..........

Too bad ignorance on ATS is running rampant.

If it wasn't, those who post would see that I have shown Obama's hypocrisy at every turn.

You of all people should know this.

Maybe we should give Putin a Nobel Peace prize also?

I do wonder why those who cannot see the irony of my post ALWAYS have to point out the obvious. Its like spelling it out for children I guess.

Here's a great post where I spell it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 342013999131 by sonnny1 because: hypocrisy

I think we should NOT only blame Obama...BUT PLEASE please people lets not forget the crimes of almost every President/people who have infiltrated our Government since Kennedy.

Let's not forget that Bush Sr. expressed delight at a " New World Order "

Let's not forget the murders done by Bush Jr and Dick "GFY" Cheney, Rice, Rumsfield, The Clinton's.

Obama didnt get us here in this moment by himself!!! He just happens to be in office at the time we the People are waking up most.

I woke up the day Bush was allowed to steal... Literally... An election and we the people did nothing!!! Not only did he do it Fl but he got away w/ it again in Ohio w/ the help of K. Blackwell.

Our Country was taken over years ago. I just hope and pray that people continue to wake up and start to get rid of the pure unadulterated corruption and pure greed and evil that lives where once housed the "fathers" of this Country that had nothing but our best freedoms at heart.

It's scarey waking up. Who wants to believe that we who trusted those we put in office would murder us in the name of power. I sure didn't. My mind was made up at the seriousness of these people the day I seen 3 buildings come down with-in hours of a lie!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

More so than most my friend.

Peace

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Toadmund
It's puzzling to me that in all those other country's, Time magazine was changed to the Putin cover.
I mean is it not important that the plight of the college football player and their need to get paid not important?

Actually it was changed just for the US edition. Everyone else got the real copy.

The foreign covers acknowledge Putin’s triumph over Obama, telling foreigners that Putin “doesn’t care what anybody thinks of him.” The protective covers arrive as Time’s managing editor departs for a job working for one of the architects of the Syrian debacle, Secretary of State John Kerry.

Source

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
lol well i guess people are going to claim this is brainwashing,propaganda or keeping the sheep oblivious to the truth, when it pleases them to do so.

other times they will say "follow the money", why isn't it follow the money guys? it's obvious this is about selling magazines, and putin on the cover would not sell in america. we hate russia no matter what russia does.

it isn't like people don't know about the issue, it's been reported on 24/7 over the last few months.
what would time be hiding from us exactly? no this is time playing to the american mentality.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

beezzer

Please pay no attention to the rest of the world. Just enjoy the spoon-fed propaganda that is being served to you, courtesy of the current administration.

(om-nom-nom-om-nom-nom)

LOL and what propaganda are americans being served when time is pretty much rehashing what we know already?
nothing time is reporting on is really hidden away from the american people, we all know what happened. so what exactly does a cover on a time magazine hide from anyone but people who care nothing for anywhere but america to begin with?

the majority of people are not sticking their heads in the sand, they do pay attention to international news, so the only people you are talking about are morons.
morons are morons no matter where they are from and propaganda doesn't magically make more of them, they are born.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

demongoat

beezzer

(om-nom-nom-om-nom-nom)

LOL and what propaganda are americans being served when time is pretty much rehashing what we know already?
nothing time is reporting on is really hidden away from the american people, we all know what happened.

morons are morons no matter where they are from and propaganda doesn't magically make more of them, they are born.

No, morons are usually created through bad education and propaganda. Time specifically pulled this cover in the US to keep heat off the administration. True some people already know what happened but not posting it front and center on a million newsstands has a definite effect of suppressing information to the US people.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The image in the OP compares continents to a country. Out of nothing but curiosity I would be interested to see what, say, the Canadian cover looks like?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join