It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did the new topic firehose go???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
OK, yes the new emoticons suck,
Yes the site looks too teeny,
Yes its less user friendly

I can deal with all this and Im sure in time it will all become normal but the firehose is another matter.
I used to be able to log in once a day and I would be able to see in 1 page every topic (regardless of forum) that had been posted in the last 24 hrs.
I havent been on ATS as much as I used too, I accepted the changes and navigated around as best I could, today I had my first real play with the new system and for the life of me couldnt find anything similar to the firehose. The home page doesnt change like it used to, whereas before it had the top stories from the past 3 days it seems to be longer now.
Also the new topics button takes you to a screen that only has the past 8 hrs in it, and after that its just recent replies!!!!!

Am I missing something? Is it still here just under a new name? Is it hiding from me specifically?

I read with disgust the people whining about leaving the site for good due to the changes, I fear I will now have to throw my voice in with theirs.
I dont really care for the sites new look but I love the content and previously I loved how easy it was too find.
While the site may basically be the same due to this 1 factor my enjoyment while here has significantly dropped.

Can someone please please please tell me Im an idiot and the firehose (or its exact equivalent) is still here

edit on 15/9/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/9/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Push the down arrow at the top, then choose 'hose'.
2nd

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Why are some of the thread titles highlighted in blue and some in green.. what is the meaning of this?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Ulyeney
2nd
That hose is just a lil drip, LoL.

OP, I miss it too!!!
The closest you're gonna get, is "new" (the leaf) and when you scroll to the bottom, push further and it will load some more. Not nearly as much viewable on the screen as our beloved Firehose, but it is what it is.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

new_here

Ulyeney
2nd
That hose is just a lil drip, LoL.

OP, I miss it too!!!
The closest you're gonna get, is "new" (the leaf) and when you scroll to the bottom, push further and it will load some more. Not nearly as much viewable on the screen as our beloved Firehose, but it is what it is.

Glad Im not alone (would have liked to use smiley face icon but feeling difficult and wanna protest)
Has anyone brought this up with Mods?
Surely it wouldnt be hard to add one like they used to have??

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Adding to that, they aren't in order either. There will be older threads on top of newer threads in the list.

The 24 hour fire-hose was "da bomb".

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

The big NEW button, second to the right from the home button, in the top sticky menu.

New.

New topics firehose.

New.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Second to the right is the information icon?

Is there a way for you post a picture of this specific icon?

Many thanks

Edit: Ha! Never mind, found it. It's third from the left on my screen. Lol.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

IkNOwSTuff

The big NEW button, second to the right from the home button, in the top sticky menu.

New.

New topics firehose.

New.

Hey dude,

Sorry but its not the same,
New takes you to what I assume to be replies to posts, its not the new topics from the past 24 hrs and the new hose part has the most recent 10 or so threads not all of them from the last day.

Did you guys deliberately get rid of the old system or was it just left out by accident?

Would it be possible to get it back?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The new topics list doesn't do the last 24 hours like the firehose did.
The bottom post this morning was only posted 6 hours ago, and I can't find any way to load more. The page only goes so far.

It would be nice if we could have at least the last 12 hours of postings. A longer page...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
Sorry but its not the same,
New takes you to what I assume to be replies to posts,

It's not the same, and it's not replies.

It's a chronological list of new threads, along with information about replies and flags.

It can show up to 72 hours of threads through the auto-scroll... just scroll to the bottom, more threads will load.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I just tried loading more again, and this time it did work.
It didn't seem like it was going to ( I was thinking an iPhone issue), but I kept pushing at the scroll idea, and then it caught and loaded more threads.
Yay!!

*thumbs up*

top topics

join