It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giving - Thai Communications Commercial - Putting Hollywood to Shame

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here's a commercial from Thailand that I dare people to watch without getting a little emotional over.

This Three Minute Commercial Puts Full-Length Hollywood Films to Shame

I'm going to agree with Gawker here and say that for at least a decade Hollywood has not put together much meaningful art that really hits you in the blood pumper. Sure there's lots of sex, action, violence, laughs (actually...comedy is in a state of decline) but have been lacking in some respects.

Although of course this is simply a commercial and not a movie...

It certainly says something about the state of Hollywood today that a three minute ad produced at a fraction of the cost of most movies is more moving and poignant than almost anything the big studios have to offer.

The Thai telecommunications conglomerate True is getting rave reviews worldwide for its latest spot, "Giving," which tells the story of a man unexpectedly rewarded for a lifetime of good deeds he performed without expecting anything in return.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

thank you

i find the need to have my faith in humanity renewed when i myself feel lonely,
this is just the pick me up my day needed,
to think a kind act could be so moving,that it makes me want to "pay it forward"
i hope others enjoy this as i did

thanks boncho

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The ad sends a good message, sort of. Some might see this as meaning you should give an hope to receive. There's a lot of people who give and never get anything back. Hollywood and movies are entertainment and escapism while some movies may be art theirs no reason to compare this ad and Hollywood which both have differing goals for their viewers.

join