It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO spotted in Red Deer Alberta

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Personally I don't think it's a fly or bug. There are no limbs, no wings and is completely spherical. UFO it is

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

here's a thought...what if the fly was flying the other way and the camera guy just happened to catch it by luck. It looks as if it is taking off and cruising away because the car is moving....

Like I said before...go ahead and believe the moon men are here. it is movement pareidolia..
edit on 15-9-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: damn spelling mistakes..ufo believers got me to thier level.lol

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Look harder..u can make out the fly's wings and the body. Oh wait NM...it is green I mean bug eyed greys filling up at the local ESSO..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by FlySolo

hears a thought...what if the fly was flying the other way and by luck the camera guy just happened to catch it by luck.

Oh brother.

You mean facing 180 degrees the other way? Still makes it flying sideways, there is no getting out of it now no matter how hard you try to back peddle. Still illogical.

It looks as if it is taking off and cruising away because the car is moving....

See above comment

Like I said before...go ahead and believe the moon men are here.

I don't need your permission but thanks anyway for the straw man. Get back to me when you have something intelligent and non condescending to say.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

it is movement pareidolia..

Does that even make sense to you? There's no such thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

FlySolo

You mean facing 180 degrees the other way? Still makes it flying sideways, there is no getting out of it now no matter how hard you try to back peddle. Still illogical.

OK last thing from me..then you can continue to dwell in fantasy land.

Think logically for a second..get out of the mindset of a believer. It could have been flying sideways for a brief second, if that, to turn or whatever...after all the video shows only a second of the fly.

No matter how you try and spin it..it is an insect caught on camera. Caught by chance on video..poor fool thought he caught an alien aircraft on video..
Of course this topic is filled with gullible fools and fakers/liars. This isn't a fake just a misidentification of a insect caught in by chance in flight.

When it comes to believers...they are willing to believe anything...throw a frisbee in the air and take a picture..automatic UFO.. For the believers it will be the clearest pic of a UFO ever..while to the sane..it is a Frisbee.

Have fun..thinking this fly is an alien aircraft. While we the logical and rational continue to laugh and point at people like you..

edit on 15-9-2013 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

FlySolo

it is movement pareidolia..

Does that even make sense to you? There's no such thing.

I like to think I made it up myself...
It means it looks like it is doing something it isn't, thanks to the car movement.

Can I copyright it..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Think logically for a second..get out of the mindset of a believer. It could have been flying sideways for a brief second, if that, to turn or whatever...after all the video shows only a second of the fly.

It could have been a fly flying sideways for a brief second and then turn or "whatever"? Really?
Are there any adults here today or is this all I get for a mental challenge? Get real kid, or vamoose

Have fun..thinking this fly is an alien aircraft. While we the logical and rational continue to laugh and point at people like you..

Logic and rationality is what's used to phrase comments or ideas correctly and those people know when to stop talking when they really don't have a clue. Seems you were bestowed with neither. A sideways flying fly traveling in a vertical direction captured on a typical 30 frames per second cell camera in car traveling no less than 50 km an hour. And you have the audacity to call me foolish. Laughable.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

it's called parallax. Sorry, someone beat you to it.

ETA: and the perspective is wrong if you want to go down that route.
edit on 15-9-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

FlySolo
reply to post by gortex

lol really? Why am I not surprised at that answer.

Ok, here's your insect...

LOL A supersonic "insect" :-)

OP,great catch!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
What were you filming in the first place? Do you have a special interest in old gas stations? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I start asking questions when a camera is pointed at nothing in particular for no apparent purpose and - surprise! - along comes an unidentified blob.

This blob is out of focus and moving too fast to be picked up by the camera. That suggests to me it's of no great size and not far away. A bug is the most likely explanation.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SummerLightning

maybe you should ask the little kid who uploaded the video to YT

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

wha wha wha wha wha what was that? a fly, a bird, neigbours cat, awwww I know, its a flying saucer... silly me... should have known that right away.... what else could it possibly be... definately nothing logical like any of the aformentioned fly,bird,cat.. ..... nope its an itsy bitsy flying saucer from planet stu-pid

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by flipflop

lol, what a mouthful of nothing. Your entire diatribe was ad hom to the max and you expect me to take your word for it why? Ok. it's a fly duh
derpy face.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I have to go with the obvious, it is a bug.

The trajectory of travel is distorted thru the view of the camera, because not only is the vehicle moving, as evident by the Gas Station sign getting larger in the view, but the bug is also moving up and toward the vehicle direction. Making it appear that it is flying way fast (dont forget the car is moving in the opposite direction causing the speed to double approaching the bug).

Also, tho it is hard to see with the 3 frames, the trajectory of the bug, appears to have its origin from the ground near the sign, which just happens to be a nice lush patch of green grass paddock/verge...a perfect place for a fat bug.

Anyone who drives a car or rides a motorbike, will tell you how Huge and scary a bug can be when its coming at your windscreen or visor at 60 mph and splats in your view.....I dont know how many times I have ducked thinking that huge bug is going to crash thru the windscreen.

I believe this is a flying Earth creature (bug), distorted by both the travel/speed of the vehicle and distortion of the camera.

Or its an Alien from another World, that lives in lush green grass.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gort51

The trajectory of travel is distorted thru the view of the camera, because not only is the vehicle moving

I have to stop you there. What you're trying to say is the parallax effect is causing the illusion of a different trajectory.

Parallax is a displacement or difference in the apparent position of an object viewed along two different lines of sight, and is measured by the angle or semi-angle of inclination between those two lines.[1][2] The term is derived from the Greek παράλλαξις (parallaxis), meaning "alteration". Nearby objects have a larger parallax than more distant objects when observed from different positions, so parallax can be used to determine distances.

So you're trying to tell me from what you said here:

the trajectory of the bug, appears to have its origin from the ground near the sign,

like so...?

But have a parallax effect showing the trajectory appearing to come from a distance?
Like so...?

You're not making much sense. Further to add:

Anyone who drives a car or rides a motorbike, will tell you how Huge and scary a bug can be when its coming at your windscreen or visor at 60 mph and splats in your view

It's not even the same thing. It isn't coming directly at the windshield, it's coming from the side as the car is motoring down the highway.

Instead of making snide remarks why don't you quote my comments in the thread you disagree with and refute me there instead? Trying to ridicule without even debating real points only shows you haven't got much. Just a tip for you next time.
edit on 15-9-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Why was the person filming a gas station sign, what makes it so interesting in the lead up to the 'UFO'?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

Cause the gas sign looks like free gas maybe?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just had to check in and see if he/she still defending the bug pic as a genuine alien spacecraft..and they still are...hilarious..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Why is the video sped up? instead of slowed down as you would expect.....

Perhaps so you dont see it is a fly.........

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join