It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help: A sparkling light / strobing - 4 mins stationary - then the zoom in - deep in english moorland

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hello folks.

Been a member for many years and never really post to the UFO section.

Last night I noticed out the corner of my eye a strange flashing / strobing light out of the window. Now I usually sit in the same place and the view via the windows is simply just "the moors". In the distance I can see where I lose sight because of the valley and then the higher ground. That is about ~2 miles away.

As I know the view very well - a light, a stationary bright light is very out of the normal. A daylight shot would show the view and lack of anything but green / trees and fields etc..

So anyway, the light....

It was there for about 4 mins in total. I had time to run off and find the HD Cam.

I can explain it as a bright light pulsating. So bright in my eyes it seems to have like lines coming from it, sparkling. It remains staitonary for the whole 2 mins of recording.

I would have been looking East (about 100 degrees from N) about 23:33 UK time

Then the light seems to fizzle annd disappear and return for about 3 seconds then gone.

Never seen it again after that and never seen it before.

We are very remote and that would have been 'in a valley of sorts' so not in view high in the air.

NOW!!!

I zoom in and yes it is dark and no focus... so I get the DIAMOND shape. It is an artifact I am sure.
The strobing looks amazing in the 'diamond shape' upon zooming in.

So due to the diamond shape upon zooming in I am pondering.... not without the zooming in it is still quite impressive and odd to say the least.

I dont want to look silly with a video that will get smashed just because of the diamond 'artifact'

What should I do?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Post the video.. what have you got to lose? Debunkers might instantly knock it, but from what you say..a diamond formation of light doesn't sound like a natural phenomena..However without seeing the video it is difficult to explain.

Just think of all the people who have let the "fear of ridicule" prevent them from sharing and discussing such an important topic.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Upload it to youtube, why not? If it's nothing it's nothing but you never know. It's always good fun to look into these things and try and work out what they are. At least you're not claiming this is the "undisputed evidence" of alien life or anything silly like that!

You've got nothing to lose right? It's something to do!

The odds are it's something boring and easily explained, that's just the most likely explanation 9.9 times out of ten but you never know!

I don't think you should believe blindly or dismiss everything out of hand either, the prosaic explanation is always going to be the most likely one but we'll have fun finding out either way!
edit on 15-9-2013 by fatdeeman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Well the diamond artifact is just that I am 100% sure. It was dark and late - not raining - clear sky although this would have been very low.

Can anyone say where 'sirius' was last night.. That is the only thing I can think of as a possibility but it would not just fizzle out near the end... well maybe...

It is a mystery for sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
In the old tradition of ATS

Pics or it didn't happen

Post the video, who knows maybe it will be a real UFO if not you get your mystery solved

Looks like a win win situation to me

Cody

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Why then even start a thread? Post the video or the thread is a waste of bits and bytes. We had enough people here that claimed "I have video/information" but never posted it.
edit on 15-9-2013 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yeah get the video uploaded. We'd all like to see it and ponder what it is.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I shall upload the video and will produce some screen shots.

Just doing it now. The video is 1080P shot at night with a light in the frame
so probably pointless at this point in time to upload that quality. So I am transcoding (remember I am so remote the internet is run via badgers nests LOL) so internet is slow...

In the meantime.... I will upload some screen shots.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I am not claiming anything. I am not saying I have proof of anything.

I am just saying 'I saw x,y,z' and got it on film. I understand there is, already artifacts, with the Diamond shape upon zooming in and that is not the focus (hehe, bad pun).

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

vivid1975
Debunkers might instantly knock it, but from what you say..a diamond formation of light doesn't sound like a natural phenomena...

What he's saying is that a lot of cameras produce a "diamond" shape if a point of light is out of focus.

...and then this just stupidly produces a lot of reports of "diamond" ufos, but he doesnt want this because he got that diamond shape with his camera.

Just as a side note, do no cameras have manual focus anymore? Is it a "forgotten technology"? I have to ask because without exception, EVERY video that anyone puts onto youtube of an object at night has the autofocus hunting for a lock it cant get.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

alfa1

vivid1975
Debunkers might instantly knock it, but from what you say..a diamond formation of light doesn't sound like a natural phenomena...

What he's saying is that a lot of cameras produce a "diamond" shape if a point of light is out of focus.

...and then this just stupidly produces a lot of reports of "diamond" ufos, but he doesnt want this because he got that diamond shape with his camera.

That is pretty much what I am saying. HOWEVER:

I am not saying it is a diamond shape ufo - that is 100% fact. That is artifact, I checked this all out before posting...

The reason I posted about it is because I never see a light just there, not moving and strobing / flashing away...

I also wondered about 'where is siruis'

This is what I see when zoomed...

PS: Video is uploading as we 'type'

edit on 15-9-2013 by komp_uk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

komp_uk

PS: Video is uploading as we 'type'

edit on 15-9-2013 by komp_uk because: (no reason given)

Its pointless now but:

-You did say you have it on film
-You come here without posting the film, with just your words

Why not post it into op directly?

Will await the video, thank you very much

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

alfa1
Just as a side note, do no cameras have manual focus anymore? Is it a "forgotten technology"? I have to ask because without exception, EVERY video that anyone puts onto youtube of an object at night has the autofocus hunting for a lock it cant get.

It could be that todays people don´t really know their devices, because they either buy it cheap and thus don´t care so much about the function unless it works when you press on and rec or they know what they want and buy it, learn to use it and thus know about the positive effects of manualfocus in certain situations

Or it was filmed with a smartphone where manual focus on the touchscreen can be a pain when you need to be fast.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Some screen shotsw and the video. SHOULD this be more interesting than just a diamond artifact in the video then I of course have raw , un edited 1080 footage.

Please remember that when I see it in the video and go 'wow diamond shape' and appear amazed it is because I never knew about diamond artifacts before (at that point in time).

So as I have been around long enough.. I thought I would check it out as I said in the OP. Now I will post the video and screen shots as we understand I am not pointing out that I have seen a DIAMOND UFO

Thanks for looking in.....

enjoy..

IN CASE YOUTUBE EMBED IS BROKE: www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

komp_uk
The reason I posted about it is because I never see a light just there, not moving and strobing / flashing away...

Thanks for posting the video. It just confirms what I was already going to post.

Due to certain atmospheric conditions at times, stars will seem to flash, strobe, rapidly change colors. That is what you are seeing. That's why it doesn't move, but flashes away. Also, stars will appear to flash/change colors more when they're closer to the horizon than when they are straight up above due to the refraction of the atmosphere, and the light having to travel through more atmosphere.

Here are a couple examples:

Hope that helped.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

Cool video

Just a hint..........................you're still within the time to edit your OP so the screen shots and video are in the first post, that will give the less patient members a chance to see it immediately.

Cody

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

But surely if was a star the OP would see it every night ?

He does clearly state that he has never seen a light at those co-ordinates before

Cody

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

_BoneZ_

komp_uk

Thanks for posting the video. It just confirms what I was already going to post.

Due to certain atmospheric conditions at times, stars will seem to flash, strobe, rapidly change colors. That is what you are seeing. That's why it doesn't move, but flashes away. Also, stars will appear to flash/change colors more when they're closer to the horizon than when they are straight up above due to the refraction of the atmosphere, and the light having to travel through more atmosphere.

Here are a couple examples:

Hope that helped.

Thanks. I knew about Sirius and have asked if someone could check in a couple of posts up.

I have never seen this before here, in the two years I have lived here now.

The thing is, It would not have been 'in the sky'. It would have been in the valley dip.

Is there an online page that would show me what I would have seen in the sky at that time and my co ords? Downloading stellarium would take me a whole day!!! lol

Ill look around in the meatime...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I tried and it said 4 hours had elapsed. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

komp_uk
The thing is, It would not have been 'in the sky'. It would have been in the valley dip.

You didn't mention before that it wasn't in the sky. If there was very high humidity, airplane landing lights, and even someone's flashlight (if they were in the valley with a flashlight) will also strobe/flash like that from far away. The humidity in the air tends to refract the light.

After watching the video again, that light is too bright to be a star. It's either a landing light from a plane, or could be someone's flashlight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join