It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the new ATS layour feel like a cheap chinese knock off??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

You've been a member since 2005 and have not 1 flag? hmmmmm....

Since 2005 you didn't post one thread? Not even an intro.?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

gotya

You've been a member since 2005 and have not 1 flag? hmmmmm....

Since 2005 you didn't post one thread? Not even an intro.?

intros dont count... but I dont remember posting an intro. Still... my flags are bugged. But I dont post many threads... maybe 1 or 2. Something like that. But yea, they're bugged. Been like that ever since.

EDIT: should have 25.
edit on 15-9-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
yes the new site is horrible.

should be the way it was originally.

Oh SNAP!

10 years, shall we dance?

edit on 15-9-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Wow,thanks FraternitasSaturni! I love it when one speaks the mind of many. Could not have done it better...Apparently, its the incorrect usage of English at times that gives the impression that discredits the posted response, and further persuades the readers to take a view against the poster... that is... less than favorable. We just get to the 1st "dude" and "bro", and we move on, out and off.

The poster and user of same does not understand why slang is not necessary, nor why it is not, or why in supposed intelligent conversation...its not the best words to use. Perhaps for them, it is the right words?

I can see Hawking in his wheelchair addressing everyone with "bro" and "dudes"

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

okay that makes sense. (rolling my eyes again.)

Not my business but I don't understand why long term members would attack their website.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

mysterioustranger

Wow,thanks FraternitasSaturni! I love it when one speaks the mind of many. Could not have done it better...Apparently, its the incorrect usage of English at times that gives the impression that discredits the posted response, and further persuades the readers to take a view against the poster... that is... less than favorable. We just get to the 1st "dude" and "bro", and we move on, out and off.

The poster and user of same does not understand why slang is not necessary, nor why it is not, or why in supposed intelligent conversation...its not the best words to use. Perhaps for them, it is the right words?

I can see Hawking in his wheelchair addressing everyone with "bro" and "dudes"

dude that is not even the point.

EDIT - trust me you are no Stephen Hawking. bro.
edit on 15-9-2013 by gotya because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I like the new layout but after a couple if days now, I don't like the forum buttons or logos. The school bus yellow one is ugly.

If I come into a new thread. I can't look at the top and see which forum I entered.

The old blue background image needs to be removed because it loads underneath the new layout first. That's a waste of bandwidth that could easily just be a page bg of black or gray

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

gotya
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Booo.

If you can do better then what's stopping you?

Who knows. Maybe finance was an issue. What gives you the right to shoot off stupid comments?!? Oh wait.....ATS.

(dik)

I hear this a lot. It is a bit silly. He/She does not run a conspiracy site. Doesn’t claim to. He/She is voicing his opinion because he likes ATS and if he just agreed to everything then that would not be good for ATS. Opinions are vitally important to ATS...good and bad. We all love ATS which is why we all voice our opinions. There are those here that just accept everything with out criticism. That is not much use to the people developing the new site. They need criticism in order to know what the membership wants. Without the membership ATS is nothing. All criticism is good for ATS. Why do some people take insult at it? Those that do not voice their concerns are not helping the future development of ATS. All criticism should be applauded. I hated the new site. Im getting used to it but do agree it looks cheap, flat and very bland. I still come here though even after stating I would probably not. I definatly do not use the site as much these days and Im sure the owners of ATS would find my reasons for doing so valuable as other members feel the same.

Please stop bashing people who voice their dislikes of the new site as these opinions are vitally important to the future of ATS.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

Baloney.

There is a Board Forum if you want to offer advice.

I have a right to voice my opinion in an open forum. Who made you boss?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

gotya

Baloney.

There is a Board Forum if you want to offer advice.

I have a right to voice my opinion in an open forum. Who made you boss?

So you have a right to voice your opinion but the OP does not? Who made you boss

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Personally, I wanna know who made SO bos.. oh wait.. oO

Yeah, change is good. Who moved my cheese!

Go find it you stubborn hems...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

winofiend

Personally, I wanna know who made SO bos.. oh wait.. oO

Yeah, change is good. Who moved my cheese!

Go find it you stubborn hems...

I agree, change is good. To get the best change we need constructive criticism and praise when needed.

Just saying.

I wish my dog would stop licking my foot, it feels weird.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I like it.

It does not feel cheap to me. It feels elegant and stylish. And it is far easier to use this layout on a tablet, than the old one was. I like it.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
LOL...I don't trip around here that much,
need a diaper change

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Dustytoad

Awen24

What I really miss is being able to see what's happening on the site in a nice overview (the New Topic Firehose).
Now...? I can see five or six threads at once, but even those aren't collated properly.

I have seen you say this a couple times and corrected you those times. The New topics are In order. The time stamp you see is last post not thread creation time. They are in order how they used to be as always. I can see 12 topics at once though. That's not zoomed out either.

See?

Compare to the Live page to see they are in fact in order.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for not having replied on the "other times" you mention - but as I said, I haven't been around as much as I was previously.

The way the threads are collated now isn't the same as the New Topic Firehose. I'm not interested in what's "hot" or "trending". I don't want to see what's been posted on most recently - what I want to see is the newest topics. Now, that, I can find in the "new" section, but only 12 headings, as opposed to the... 36, was it? ...on the Firehose. I really loved the way the threads were broken down there.

Look, ultimately, I'll end up getting over this, or I'll end up leaving.

Frankly, I'd put my money on the fact that I'll get over it. This site offers something that no other site on the internet does, or does as well. ...and that has to be worth something.

[edit]

In order to actually present a balanced point of view... there are some things that I DO like about the new ATS.

I love the clean lines, and the curved corners on all the text boxes etc.
I love the simpler, easier and cleaner icons for things like "reply" and "flag" and so on.

Really, my one and only criticism isn't so much to do with all the new layouts and overall design, but simply the fact that I feel like much less information is being presented to me at once. For many, that might be a plus - the old design was probably overwhelming, particularly for newcomers. For me, it has taken away on what I loved most about ATS - the ability to log on here, and to see a snapshot of what's going on in the world, literally in the blink of an eye, on a single page. ...that, I miss. The rest? The aesthetics etc.? Well, I can take or leave those.
Regardless, I do appreciate the constant desire to provide better functionality and a more cohesive, user-friendly experience... even if it means that some of us get grumpy in the short-term.
edit on 15-9-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Actually members should be more worried about the content of the threads than what the layout of the site is.

That is just my opinion on this matter. And it doesn't matter when you joined this site everyone has the same chance to say what they want, as everyone has an opinion and are within their rights on ATS to say it whether others agree or not.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Heard a joke once that I think applies to the conversation on this thread.

Arguing on the internet like the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thank you for understanding.

Most people just love to tow the company line without question, what they seem to forget is the people that come here do so because they question everything and are not afraid to voice opinions.

If the people who have the opinion that if you dont like something then just leave applied that logic to all other aspects of their lies imagine how useless they would be to society.

If you dont like something the thing to do IMO is change it not walk away and hope it fixes itself.

And to the trolls, you serve a purpose that your limited vision cannot comprehend. So thank you for that.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I agree. It has been nothing but a nightmare for me using my Galaxy S3 and Dolphinbro wser, even the default browser hates it.

Both my laptops are dead so I'm forced to struggle on my phone :-(

I posted to Sceptic O in a thread today with the bugs I'm experiencing, I just hope he or another mod has time to look into it.

Edit: I didn't participate in the beta testing, as I thought I wouldn't be a good candidate with just using a mobile.
How wrong I was! :-/

I'd love to know what the traffic has been like on here since the update, I bet it's dropped dramatically.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

They facebooked it. The icon on the left is the same icon facebook uses. I can openly admit I preferred the older version.

Also mobile versions should become less common. Why make a simplified version of the site with less options when newer phones allow users to easily browse the full site. Smart phone screens and tablets are big enough now that mobile versions aren't needed.. maybe 5 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join