It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the new ATS layour feel like a cheap chinese knock off??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This isnt a rhetorical question with a witty remark of why I think this has happened Im just curious as to why it looks and feels so for a lack of a better word "cheap"

Is it a bandwidth issue with the increase in members? I'm not sure if SO went into the details of why it looks so plastic and cheap. I know they have been ramping down things like avatar sizes and the amount of pictures you can load.

I mean surely with all the foot traffic the site gets and the advertising revenue they could afford faster servers and more bandwidth.

I mean im sure the aesthetics of the site was taken into consideration, I just wonder which demographic it was aimed at. I mean did you see what they did with the emoticons?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd
This isnt a rhetorical question with a witty remark of why I think this has happened Im just curious as to why it looks and feels so for a lack of a better word "cheap"

Is it a bandwidth issue with the increase in members? I'm not sure if SO went into the details of why it looks so plastic and cheap. I know they have been ramping down things like avatar sizes and the amount of pictures you can load.

I mean surely with all the foot traffic the site gets and the advertising revenue they could afford faster servers and more bandwidth.

I mean im sure the aesthetics of the site was taken into consideration, I just wonder which demographic it was aimed at. I mean did you see what they did with the emoticons?

I feel ya. The whole thing looks like something from the 80's-hollow, neon-lit and cheesy. I know the mods worked hard on it, but who would have thought that the future looked like it was done with Lite-Brites?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd

I agree...

This candy look is childish, awful and... doesnt reflect ANYTHING what this forum is or should be about.

You call it cheap... I call it an outrage.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Booo.

If you can do better then what's stopping you?

Who knows. Maybe finance was an issue. What gives you the right to shoot off stupid comments?!? Oh wait.....ATS.

(dik)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Some people have no appreciation for the kind of labor required to maintain a site like this one.

Quit your bitching.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
[mor

I absolutely hated the new website design, when I first saw it. I have been haunting ATS in various forms since 2009, and was accustomed to the out.

BUT...I found a new liking for the new style, honestly is is well designed and the layout, once you get used to it is fantastic. Another plus I see is that it is much faster on my mobile device, and even faster on the PC, even with all the adds.

Pretty silly similes though, I did see that they are working on new ones somewhere.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I get where you're coming from...
but I think you're just going to have to suck it up. It's not changing now.

The one thing I don't like is the fact that everything got BIGGER.
The icons are bigger, the fonts are bigger, the smilies are bigger... everything just feels a bit chunky and... Fisher-Price.

What I really miss is being able to see what's happening on the site in a nice overview (the New Topic Firehose).
Now...? I can see five or six threads at once, but even those aren't collated properly.

I have to admit I've been around a lot less since the changeover... but I guess maybe it will draw others in. Who knows.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of the new setup either.
Not that my opinion counts, but I thought I'd chime in.

I imagine we'll get used to it.

(and yes the new emoticons are horrible)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Awen24

What I really miss is being able to see what's happening on the site in a nice overview (the New Topic Firehose).
Now...? I can see five or six threads at once, but even those aren't collated properly.

I have seen you say this a couple times and corrected you those times. The New topics are In order. The time stamp you see is last post not thread creation time. They are in order how they used to be as always. I can see 12 topics at once though. That's not zoomed out either.

See?

Compare to the Live page to see they are in fact in order.

edit on 9/15/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

link   

gotya

Booo.

Who knows. Maybe finance was an issue. What gives you the right to shoot off stupid comments?!? Oh wait.....ATS.

(dik)

If I could do better I wouldnt create a thread about it I would create my OWN conspiracy site. Obviously I cant.

BUT if you are in the business of running a conspiracy site as these guys, then do it with a bit more appeal to the eye. Thats just my opinion just like you have your own I have mine. Just because they dont agree doesnt mean I dont have aright to it.

link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I would have to politely disagree with you, I find that the new website layout tends to bring the focus of ATS to the forefront whereas the old "flashy/complex" sight tended to take away from the point of discussion and was more focused on the layout.

Maybe it is just me....

edit on 15-9-2013 by AprilFooseball because: cant spell worth a darn.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

AprilFooseball
[mor

I absolutely hated the new website design, when I first saw it. I have been haunting ATS in various forms since 2009, and was accustomed to the out.

BUT...I found a new liking for the new style, honestly is is well designed and the layout, once you get used to it is fantastic. Another plus I see is that it is much faster on my mobile device, and even faster on the PC, even with all the adds.

Pretty silly similes though, I did see that they are working on new ones somewhere.

Just like you have the right to reply to my thread and tell me to stop bitching I have a right to bitch about anything I dam well like. Here's the thing buttercup, if people put up and shut up then they cant bitch about the way things are. If they complain and get enough people to realize that there is a better way well then maybe that better way might become a reality. Hoping and wishing in the silence of your head does not make things a reality....except in your head.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Awen24
I get where you're coming from...
but I think you're just going to have to suck it up. It's not changing now.

The one thing I don't like is the fact that everything got BIGGER.
The icons are bigger, the fonts are bigger, the smilies are bigger... everything just feels a bit chunky and... Fisher-Price.

For members that are older or have vision problems BIGGER is real nice. Once we get used to it, it will be fine. In a few years people will be bitchin about the new and how the old was better.

Change is as eternal as the sun.

P

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

TiM3LoRd

gotya

Booo.

(dik)

If I could do better I wouldnt create a thread about it I would create my OWN conspiracy site. Obviously I cant.

BUT if you are in the business of running a conspiracy site as these guys, then do it with a bit more appeal to the eye. Thats just my opinion just like you have your own I have mine. Just because they dont agree doesnt mean I dont have aright to it.

Hey bro there are a lot of conspiracy sites on the interweb.

Don't let the door hit your donkey's ass on the way out.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

gotya

TiM3LoRd

gotya

Booo.

(dik)

Hey bro there are a lot of conspiracy sites on the interweb.

Don't let the door hit your donkey's ass on the way out.

Ok random person who registered in august talking down to someone whos been a member since 2006... hahah... "interweb".... "bro"... wow... I guess we have our demographic now.

EDIT: oh yea... and the rest of the language too... really polite and educated. What are you? Some high-school dropout flipping burgers for a living or what...? Learn some manners... this is not "DA HOOD"
edit on 15-9-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

Ok random person who registered in august talking down to someone whos been a member since 2006... hahah... "interweb".... "bro"... wow... I guess we have our demographic now.

the person you are defending is an ass. Read 3 posts up from yours.. He must have replied to the wrong person?

Definitely needs to chill out.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

okay he's complaining about the site, I'm defending the site.

your comment regards age.

i can handle this argument.

(rolling my eyes.)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Dustytoad

FraternitasSaturni

the person you are defending is an ass. Read 3 posts up from yours.. He must have replied to the wrong person?

I'm not defending anyone... I'm just saying people should have some manners when replying, come on...

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

FraternitasSaturni

Dustytoad

FraternitasSaturni

I'm not defending anyone... I'm just saying people should have some manners when replying, come on...

you should say it to the other guy to then.. Otherwise you saying he's been a member longer is defending him. He must have gotten so heated he quoted the wrong post.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

gotya

okay he's complaining about the site, I'm defending the site.

your comment regards age.

i can handle this argument.

(rolling my eyes.)

Age is just one of many common demographics... and no, I wasnt referring to age.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join