It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog Died Today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by claireaudient

I feel your pain-I lost my German Shepherd on June 10th this year.
He spent every waking hour with me for 12 and a half years.
He understood me like no human can.
I still can't hold back the tears sometimes when I look at pictures of him(which is most days).

My only comfort is that I gave him the best life he could have had,and I know he loved me for that.
I bet your dog felt the same about you.
Sorry for your loss.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

It's a shame dogs do not live long lives like us. 14 years was a long life for a pitbull or terrier breed though.
My pitbull only lived till 10. And yes it is very sad to loose a family member so I know your pain.
Sorry for your loss.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

I'm getting up in years and have experienced the loss of quite a few feline and canine friends over the years.It never gets easier to lose them.But I have to wonder if they are ever really gone.

I had an odd experience back a while ago after losing one of my dogs to old age.My exwife talked me into visiting a town near here that is home to alot of psychics.The town is called Lilydale. She had wanted to visit a psychic as she believes in all that stuff,while I am a sceptic. We were walking down a street past a person sitting and reading a book on a park bench,when that person looked up at me and said that I was surrounded by the spirits of dogs and cats.She described the pets I had lost over the years,and said they were with me all the time.I was quite taken aback by this as I did not know this woman.

These days I am not quite as skeptical as I used to be.
edit on 9/15/2013 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/15/2013 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ohh noo. . Im so sorry for your loss

I have been away from my dog for 2 months, still another month to go, and I miss her so much, I get sad some days.. I am on the other side of the globe for a long visit, she is with the family.

I could not imagine when she dies, my heart will break

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh I know this heartbreak all too well. I have lost a few fur babies over the years. The last was Max, a 4 yr old German Shepherd with an undetected heart ailment, he dropped dead in mid run in our backyard a year ago. My heart literally ached.

We have since adopted Clyde, a mutt from the pound. He is the happiest most loyal guy. Max would've liked him.

When the time is right, adopt a dog in need. It was the best decision we ever made.

I know, Clyde will someday leave me too. But, until then, I spend as much time loving him as I can.

Animals love us unconditionally. I truly believe that.

Hugs. I will leave you with this.. The bible said GOD loves all the creatures on the earth and that they all will live eternally in his kingdom. (not a direct quote) I believe they will all be in heaven happy to lick our faces when our time comes to join them.

Hugs...~k2

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well, you know, I like to think that even though they don't live very long, their whole life is a very intense one, full of emotions, always in the moment. And that's something we, as humans, rarely get to experience as we're usually thinking about what once was, what might have been, or what will be.
If you really think about it, if they're lucky enough to have a good owner, as I'm sure you were to her, they are always basically careless and enjoying themselves, even if it's just for being outside for ten minutes, having a bowl full of good food to eat, watching you while you do your chores and, heck, even just BEING next to you while you sleep, knowing that everything is all right, and always will be.

Now, find me someone who can go through life with THAT kind of spirit, and that person, my friend, is the luckiest fella on the planet.

Remember, enough time heals everything, you only have to wait.
Ciao

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I saw your thread last night and it made me think about my loss all night. Will be 3 years this Dec 2 and it still feels like yesterday. Where has the time gone? Took almost 6 months for the balling to stop.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've thought about what I might do if my Tater or Bella died. They are older bull terriers (like the Target dog) with arthritis. So there are days where they can run like the wind and days when they don't even want to get off the porch. So we just go with the flow of things. Please honor your pet's memory by rescuing another dog. There are so many waiting in shelters to be loved. Everyone thinks that someone will come along and adopt them all when in fact, most are euthanized. I'm sure your loving pet won't mind and would probably want you to have another friend to play with. They are very smart that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I am so sorry! I have a lil 8 month old Pitt that I love more than I can say. Our dogs are more than our pets, they are our family.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

That is so sad - I am sorry for your loss. I do understand - it is heartbreaking, we lost our familt dalmation in February this year. She was lovely a real honey - always ready with a doggy smile, a tail wag and a warm wiggly body.
She was nearly 16 - which was amazing really.

I hope our beloved pooches find us again over the rainbow bridge - I am sure they do. After all they are angelic and DOG spelt backwards is GOD.

Are you going to give another dog a home ? If you have a dog shaped hole in your heart it is the only real remedy.

I miss my mabby though..

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I feel your pain, OP.

I wish I could hug ya.

A couple years ago, when I was still in high school, I remember coming home to find my dog hanging off the porch by his leash. His neck was broken, and very obviously so. He was usually tied to the porch when I was at school, then I'd let him run around freely when I got home, while I was able to babysit him.

He was a big sweetheart... a black lab. He was such an oaf, too. His name was Ubu. Sweetest dog you could ever hope for. And he loved to hunt... he'd shoot off like a bullet if he ever saw a rabbit or a squirrel. And he looooooved to play.

But he was afraid of storms. So, if he happened to be tied to the front porch when a storm came along (or if he was just incredibly lonely), he would climb the side railing of the porch, and try to climb into the window next to the porch. The leash restrained him, so he couldn't actually climb inside, but he'd sit perched in the living room window until someone noticed him and undid his leash so he could hop in through the window.

That time, however, no one was home when he tried to climb in the window, and the window was closed... so, he slipped and fell, and he hung himself.

I'm never gonna get that image out of my head.

I spent that afternoon digging his grave in the rain (depressing scene, huh?). I was so shocked and sad, I was beyond crying. I was totally numb.

Soooo, point being... I feel your pain, OP.

I'm sorry one of your best friends died.

But they're never gone.

edit on Xx72240430PM94 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Im sad you have lost your dog physical, keep in mind. He is still with you. If you get any dreams about your dog. You could assume it's actually, he/she.
Dreams are actually when the subconscious takes over your body in the non-physical realm. Sometimes you also experience, "dreams yoy know you're dreaming in". Also called Lucid dreaming.

So.. you may meet your dog in the Non-physical and be able to communicate with he/she

Take care,
Love to you and your dog

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I feel for you, I just lost my dog to, had to put him to sleep.. he had live cancer and wouldnt eat or move. Teared up the whole time, making me tear up now.
Wish you the best.. dogs/cats become part of your family, its like losing a loved one.
edit on 16-9-2013 by SullivanBlack because: Typos

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Really sorry for your loss my friend.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

My heart goes out to you. I lost my constant companion for 14 years on January 1 and by May I got another dog from a kill shelter and it does help.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

SullivanBlack
I feel for you, I just lost my dog to, had to put him to sleep.. he had live cancer and wouldnt eat or move. Teared up the whole time, making me tear up now.
Wish you the best.. dogs/cats become part of your family, its like losing a loved one.
edit on 16-9-2013 by SullivanBlack because: Typos

Sorry for your loss. They are often the most loving member of the family.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Sorry for your tragic loss. You never stop loving them.
Hug for you.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"Death is what makes life so precious."

Its amazing how much other beings impact our lives... This is a long story, but it has meaning, at least to me.

I make it no secret that I have some health issues. During my last seizure (in November), I had to go to the ER. The seizure a year before this last one, I had to spend months away from my two dogs. One of them, my big guy, really struggled with this. He had serious issues with being apart from me, but not separation anxiety. We just always wanted to be together. All he did was lay down, all day every day, while I was in critical care. He did eat, but nothing else.

While I was in the ER this last time, he apparently was really struggling. He ended up going into diabetic shock multiple times (was not diabetic up to this point), but they got him stabilized. The night I got home from the ER, I was in no shape to visit him, but was told that he was doing well even though I would have to deal with his diabetes from now on.

That next morning, I woke up to a phone call saying that he had stopped breathing. He didnt struggle. I always told him that if he left me to find me again, and if I left him I would find him again as well. My connection with him is beyond anything I have felt, and I struggle to explain it.

I didnt get to say good bye, and I am convinced he was just meeting me "on the other side." I have always felt like I have been with him, in one way or another, and he seemed to mirror the sentiment.

Through a series of very odd coincidences (if you can call them that), I felt motivated to make a bit of a post on a forum dedicated to a specific breed. I basically just gave a quick run-through of my story, and if any of them had puppies in their litter that seemed homesick to please contact me. Im not sure how "things" after death work, no one is, but it was something I felt inexplicably compelled to do. And at this point, I was in dire need of a service dog to help with every day life as well.

One lady sent me a private message saying that she wished to donate one of her dogs to me, even giving me pick of the litter. All of the costs would be covered, and they planned on driving 1k miles to deliver the pup to me as well.

I knew instantly when I was looking through the pictures of the pups (litter of 11) which one I needed to pick.

As some time passed, he didnt seem to want much to do with anyone there. He wasnt unfriendly, he would just go lay down away from everyone, and as the breeder said "looked like he was waiting for something." He was acting homesick, something which isnt exactly common for a puppy (given they havent even associated anyone or anything with a "home").

I ended up receiving him about a month ago or so. They were too busy with A LOT of different things, so they had to send him through PetSafe with United Airlines. Again, they covered all of the costs (including all of his immunizations, vet appts up to when he was shipped to me, etc).

As I now know, this dog was simply meant to be with me. I am not going to go into how I think my friend came back to me (other than saying that).

This story is beautiful to me... because I was at a point where I was going to give up all of my work. I had given up all hope in humanity. I was essentially destroyed after years of hardship. Through my friends death, he opened a window that not only breathed new life into me, but brought me hope. A stranger decided to go through MASSIVE amounts of effort to help someone in need. A stranger decided to help me ease my own difficulties by choosing to put their own life on hold.

I so greatly missed having that nose tap the backs of my legs as I walked. I so greatly missed my friend licking my forehead when I was in so much pain I was in and out of consciousness. I so greatly missed him taking my hand in his mouth and going on "walks." I missed his one ear that would never manage to stay up. Somehow, and I do not pretend to know how it works, all of those things are here again. Somehow, this baby of a being already has all of those traits.

"Death is what makes life so precious" has a whole new meaning to me now. You never know exactly what will come from some of the most difficult experiences in our life. Sometimes, I think we need to follow that trail of breadcrumbs (so to speak), because we never know where it might lead.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Dogs are amazing friends. You can lock your best friends (one man-one your dog) in the trunk of your car (hypothetically). When you open the trunk, the man best friend will punch your face, your dog will lick your face. Dogs love unconditionally.

[I do not recommend locking your dog in the trunk... that goes for your buddy too].

I am very sorry for your loss...
edit on 16-9-2013 by RobinB022 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I'm terribly sorry to hear this news, my condolences!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join