It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is america really Free?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
When we say were the most free nation of all time does that make sense?
no it doesnt. We were the last contry on earth to abolish SLAVERY! we have more people locked in jail then any other country on earth. We have the most loose fugitives no earth. We have the most gun deaths over 40,000 a year! and in the union in NYC, they kept a record most freedom countries, america is number 18 on that list. and the neverlands is first. That contry i looked into only has 20,000 people locked up. compared to america over 5 million. about 11 guns deaths a year. You see for every law there are more criminals. and that conry is the safest place to live. Do you people think we should become like the Libertarian Party .. and have complete freedom liek the do in amesterdam?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
How does one rate freedom? Why is the US the MOST free?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
we usually rate tt by how many rights we are guaranteed by the declaration that makes us a country.....
let's see...you can't elect your leader, then you are not free...that takes care of the majority of the world.
If you pay so much taxes that it's not worth making any real money, you are not free....that takes care of about 1/3 of the "free" countries.
If you do not have the right to defend yourselves from a leader turned tyrant (i.e. the right to bear arms, freedom of speech)...that takes care of the majority of the rest of the "free" countries.you listen more ot what other countries want you to do (I.E. a UN, lol) instead of what your people want, you are not truely a free country.
Oh, and if there's a government run religion, you are not worshipping freely.

If you are a Christian and believe that either you serve God or Satan, then you NEVER had freedom in the first place, and the idea of freedom is an illusion...lol...yet those same christians, whom are Americans, who know with all conviction that they are enslaved to one or the other, fight for their freedoms...(I even do this, lol) We fight for an illusion...*shakes head*.....so ther'es got to be something to validate this diffrently....nto really freedom but allowed rights?

new topics

join