It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Surprises at the Heliospheric Boundary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
From the Thunderbolts Project:

Published on Aug 20, 2013

The NASA spacecraft Voyager 1 has provided scientists on earth with a series of theory-shattering surprises. The probes Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 are now exploring the outer boundary of the Sun's domain, called the heliosphere. What the probes have encountered are not what the astronomers expected. Through a series of surprises, the astronomers have openly expressed their complete bafflement over the Voyager data.

Some screenshots from the YouTube video:

Listen to physicist Wal Thornhill's take on the findings:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So, do you have any thoughts on this, any talking points, anything to add? I mean, after all, this is your thread.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I think it's enough for someone to post an interesting video without demanding that they somehow add to it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

It's not about me; it's about the information which people need to be aware of and watch what happens next.

Everyone needs to open up their mind. Things are not as they seem. Mainstream science certainly has no claim to authority. It's about time they admit it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Actually for those who are unable to watch the videos, sometimes it is nice to have an explanation of the thread.
Well, have fun you two.
edit on 14-9-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Thank you for the informaton but I'm not any wiser for having watched that because I have no clue what they are talking about - maybe I need to try it again. At this point all I know is that their previous theory has been challenged by new information on how the heliosphere of the sun behaves - differs from original theory. So they now need to revise their theory. I'm reading in this thread that we need to be aware and be watchful yet am not clear at all on how this would change anything for us other than knowledge.

I imagine someone can shed some light on this. I get that they explained findings but how are they applicable to the non-astrophysicist or what does this all mean?

I am thinking it changes nothing but knowledge since we have been living with this sun for a long time. If I'm wrong please correct me.

And I agree - science cannot provide the final answer on everything. Especially space. It is definitely about theories and revising those as new information comes along. In fact, that is what scientists do - theorize, test/compare/study, draw conclusions, etc. It always bothers me when people say, "our sun isn't going to die for another some odd billions years". How that should be worded is "scientists currently believe our sun will last another billion years". No one can say for certain (100%) since we do not have another to compare it to that has all of the exact same variables. As you point out - even our own sun isn't yet fully understood. They likely have a darn good guess going though - with how long it will last.
edit on 14-9-2013 by Dianec because: Add

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
NASA

Voyager left the heliosphere last year and has made it to interstellar space.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Thanks for the data. This boundry offers the human race another goal: To travel into interstellar space. Maybe China will take the lead this time.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Aleister
This boundry offers the human race another goal: To travel into interstellar space.

Gives me goosebumps to think about!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
From Wal Thornhill's holoscience.com, "Synopsis 6 – Electric Stars 6. Electric Stars":

Plasma physicists argue that stars are formed by an electromagnetic “pinch” effect on widely dispersed gas and dust. The “pinch” is created by the magnetic force between parallel current filaments that are part of the huge electric currents flowing inside a galaxy. It is far more effective than gravity in concentrating matter and, unlike gravity, it can remove excess angular momentum that tends to prevent collapse. Stars will form like beads on a wire until gravity takes over. The late Ralph Juergens, an engineer from Flagstaff, Arizona, in the 1970′s took the next mental leap to suggest that the electrical input doesn’t stop there and that stars are not thermonuclear engines! This is obvious when the Sun is looked at from an electrical discharge perspective. The galactic currents that create the stars persist to power them. Stars behave as electrodes in a galactic glow discharge. Bright stars like our Sun are great concentrated balls of lightning! The matter inside stars becomes positively charged as electrons drift toward the surface. The resulting internal electrostatic forces prevent stars from collapsing gravitationally and occasionally cause them to “give birth” by electrical fissioning to form companion stars and gas giant planets. Sudden brightening, or a nova outburst marks such an event. That elucidates why stars commonly have partners and why most of the giant planets so far detected closely orbit their parent star. Stellar evolution theory and the age of stars is an elaborate fiction. The appearance of a star is determined largely by its electrical environment and can change suddenly. Plasma physicists and electrical engineers are best able to recognize plasma discharge phenomena. Stellar physics is in the wrong hands.

If mainstream scientists would just admit that the sun is not a thermonuclear engine, that would be progress.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Part 2:

Published on Sep 3, 2013

Here we continue the discussion of the Voyager 1 spacecraft's astonishing discoveries at the boundary of the heliosphere, revealing more surprises about the Sun's magnetic field. Do charged particles from the Sun carry the Sun's magnetic field out to remote regions as present solar theory claims?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Mary Rose
From Wal Thornhill's holoscience.com, "Synopsis 6 – Electric Stars 6. Electric Stars":

Plasma physicists argue that stars are formed by an electromagnetic “pinch” effect on widely dispersed gas and dust. The “pinch” is created by the magnetic force between parallel current filaments that are part of the huge electric currents flowing inside a galaxy. It is far more effective than gravity in concentrating matter and, unlike gravity, it can remove excess angular momentum that tends to prevent collapse. Stars will form like beads on a wire until gravity takes over. The late Ralph Juergens, an engineer from Flagstaff, Arizona, in the 1970′s took the next mental leap to suggest that the electrical input doesn’t stop there and that stars are not thermonuclear engines! This is obvious when the Sun is looked at from an electrical discharge perspective. The galactic currents that create the stars persist to power them. Stars behave as electrodes in a galactic glow discharge. Bright stars like our Sun are great concentrated balls of lightning! The matter inside stars becomes positively charged as electrons drift toward the surface. The resulting internal electrostatic forces prevent stars from collapsing gravitationally and occasionally cause them to “give birth” by electrical fissioning to form companion stars and gas giant planets. Sudden brightening, or a nova outburst marks such an event. That elucidates why stars commonly have partners and why most of the giant planets so far detected closely orbit their parent star. Stellar evolution theory and the age of stars is an elaborate fiction. The appearance of a star is determined largely by its electrical environment and can change suddenly. Plasma physicists and electrical engineers are best able to recognize plasma discharge phenomena. Stellar physics is in the wrong hands.

If mainstream scientists would just admit that the sun is not a thermonuclear engine, that would be progress.

That's not how it works. Proponents of alternate hypothesis must provide the data to prove their assertion. It's not up to the rest of science to just openly accept the EU concept without supporting data that can be independently reproduced. If the science was there where is the data?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I'm not surprised that they are surprised. This IS the farthest any man-made object has travelled. Hopefully, the theories they develop will aid in a better understanding of interstellar space, and perhaps pave the way for manned missions.

Then again, we can't even get to Mars due to the lack of funding, so......

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here is a good introductory video for the Electric Universe concept of the Sun:

Published on Jul 3, 2013

For many decades few scientists have challenged the standard model of the Sun. But in truth countless unresolved mysteries of the Sun continue to haunt scientists. Is the Electric Universe the key to a new and better understanding of our local star? This interview provides a general introduction to the Electric Sun and its environment.This subject will be a frequent focus of Space News in coming months as the SAFIRE experiment comes into increasing prominence.

new topics

top topics

join