It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What moves you to tears?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This has been posted, but....

The respect and energy in this performance brought a tear to my eye. Robert Plant agrees.
edit on 16-9-2013 by ddaniel because: Link

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Being the manly Toast Man, I don't cry.

But these two scenes can really turn me into a sobbing pile of wet bread:

Captain Nicholls' death in War Horse

and the Nightmare from Prince of Egypt

Almost forgot the mother of all tear jerkers:

edit on 16-9-2013 by TheToastmanCometh because: yes that one

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The end of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest, one of the greatest movies ever made.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A good family movie with high spiritual value

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have to say I'm moved to tears by kindness. When I witness someone being kind to another human being it moves me, especially if they are strangers. I also am demolished when I here Israel Kamakawiwoʻole's "IZ"version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. That song will bring me to tears no matter where I am or who I am with. I was once at a clients house and the song came on and I had to explain why I had tears running down my face. LOL

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Putting my Christmas tree up makes me think of my dad and by the time I've put the fairy on top my floor is flooded
doesn't help having a wee whiskey while doing the tree mind lol

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I hate this video cause it kills me.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ok, this is really stupid and embarassing. But for whatever reason, this old Discovery Channel commercial makes me burst into tears:

I don't know what it is. The wonder and beauty of our planet? The fact that it's wasted on the despicable species currently in charge of it? I don't know. But I bawl like a little girl.

But...depending on the time of month we're in (lol) lots of things can make me weep.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I never cry when I see people suffering from a catastrophe wether it be man made or natural.
I don't know this people, so why should I be sad?
BUT what moves me to tears is, when something good happens to other people. I find it so emotional when some luck happens to people that really deserved it.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As cheesy as it sounds - Gandalf's fall at Moria in The Fellowship of the Ring, and Aragorn being crowned king at the end of the Return of the King always manage to bring a tear to my eye (it's even sadder because I know how everything ends, but I still get weepy anyway).

The anniversary of my dog's death always brings me tears - Don't care what anyone says, but I lost a companion that day, and the wound it left doesn't seem to want to heal anytime soon (I mean, it stings worse than an ex GF). Got another month before I'm due for a day of crying. On a happier note - I think I got a last goodbye on my birthday that year, as I dreamt that she was right by me, wagging her tail and licking my hand - Woke up crying tears of joy, only to discover she wasn't there (For some reason though, it smelled like a dog in the room - I haven't smelled it before or after the event, and the scent only lingered a couple seconds).

-fossilera

PS: Miley Cyrus twerking almost nude on stage brought tears to my eyes as well...but they're probably from the fact that my eyes were bleeding.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I just awoke to a picture of my 17 year old daughter on facebook kissing her first boyfriend

Half of me is overjoyed......................The other half wants to kill him

It's all very emotional here at the moment.

Cody

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
okay, screwed it up twice already. Will write this post again tomorrow.
edit on 18-9-2013 by malvy because: read above

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Catching myself in my zipper. Only happened the once but my god, did my eyes well up!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Pff,
it's all nothing in comparison to FORREST GUMP. It's a perfect joycry-pill. The only movie I have to watch alone.
It's rather a religious moment than just entertainment. A true heart cleaner

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Whenever their are posts like this I usually start off with this song by the legendary Dead Can Dance.
This song , The Host of Seraphim, has been used in various movies with the most effective use I think being the crushing end of The Mist..

It's an amazing song on cd but to hear it live is even more amazing...

Followed by a song by the band Black Tape for a Blue Girl..
This specific song is called We Watched Our Sad Eyed Angel Fall off the album A Chaos of Desire...
This phase of their music catalog is just amazing..and can elicit a very visceral and sad feeling for me...

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The Show Must Go On is the last vocal work performed by Freddie Mercury as he was very near death at the time. The other members of Queen were terrified, and pretty-well resigned that Freddie had already sung for the last time.

He came to the studio, barely able to walk... but determined to sing this song. He downed a but-load of a vodka, and in one take, without rehearsal, did this...

edit on 18-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow! I did not know that. Thanks

I was really bummed about Benjamin Orr. He went way to soon also.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ohhhhhh..... Mr. Overlord....I cry like a baby every time I hear that song....thank you for reminding me of it. You know another one that does it too (I am sure you'll agree if you love this one)...."Who wants to Live forever"...which they did for Highlander. I believe Brian May wrote it....but it gives me chills.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Flavian
Catching myself in my zipper. Only happened the once but my god, did my eyes well up!

Oh FLAVIAN! *tsk tsk*

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

I saw Bambi when I was young...and don't remember that part...now I know why

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join