It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What moves you to tears?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I cry at everything. I cried through most every episode of Rozen Maiden. I cried through Tangled. I cried on a plane plane through the in-flight feature "Oz: The Great and Powerful".

This may not make you cry, but I think it will bring out some form of emotion in just about anyone.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Beauty-the beauty of kindness and a generous spirit-one human reaching out to another to rescue,literally or figuratively speaking,to uplift,to help out,to ease pain+suffering.People realising that we Are our brother/sister's keeper-and acting on it.That brings tears to my eyes,because that Is beauty.That is the seeds of a whole new paradigm for earth+the human race-when we realise that we Can live in a paradise on earth-as long as we can police ourselves to treat every single other individual as we want to be treated.

Such a simple creed to live by:Harm ye none+do kindness where ever ye can.

Then no police force would be needed,no gvernments,no polliticians,never again any person who rules over another.The ability to rule over yourself+your behaviour,having this creed as your guidestone+sacred oath to yourself.

If every persom on the planet lived like this,we would never know fear of another again,never know wars,divisions,hatred+violence.We could actually live sovereign lives,each single one of us,in a peaceful,friendly world.

This is our only option-there is nothing else that will bring mankind out of the darkness.

And to imagine such a world-brings a tear to my eye.The fact is that we all need to be on the same page for it to work.We all need to want paradise bad enough.But if applied by billions,it will work.
And if we generously share our resources,with that I mean something as basic as saying to a poor neighbour who is about to put themselves into debt to buy something they really need:"don't do it Joe,or at least wait a while-you are welcome to use ours when ou need it"

If we can get into the mindset to share like this-and to accept such generous offers when they come to us-there may eventually be a reduction in materialism+consumerism-breaking the huge corporation+banksters stranglehold on the world.Tears to my eye again-because this is no pie-in-the sky sentimentality-this is a mental paradigm shift,a new way of llife,that Will bring us out of the darkness.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Beauty-the beauty of kindness and a generous spirit-one human reaching out to another to rescue,literally or figuratively speaking,to uplift,to help out,to ease pain+suffering.People realising that we Are our brother/sister's keeper-and acting on it.That brings tears to my eyes,because that Is beauty.That is the seeds of a whole new paradigm for earth+the human race-when we realise that we Can live in a paradise on earth-as long as we can police ourselves to treat every single other individual as we want to be treated.

Such a simple creed to live by:Harm ye none+do kindness where ever ye can.

Then no police force would be needed,no gvernments,no polliticians,never again any person who rules over another.The ability to rule over yourself+your behaviour,having this creed as your guidestone+sacred oath to yourself.

If every persom on the planet lived like this,we would never know fear of another again,never know wars,divisions,hatred+violence.We could actually live sovereign lives,each single one of us,in a peaceful,friendly world.

This is our only option-there is nothing else that will bring mankind out of the darkness.

And to imagine such a world-brings a tear to my eye.The fact is that we all need to be on the same page for it to work.We all need to want paradise bad enough.But if applied by billions,it will work.
And if we generously share our resources,with that I mean something as basic as saying to a poor neighbour who is about to put themselves into debt to buy something they really need:"don't do it Joe,or at least wait a while-you are welcome to use ours when ou need it"

If we can get into the mindset to share like this-and to accept such generous offers when they come to us-there may eventually be a reduction in materialism+consumerism-breaking the huge corporation+banksters stranglehold on the world.Tears to my eye again-because this is no pie-in-the sky sentimentality-this is a mental paradigm shift,a new way of llife,that Will bring us out of the darkness.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

When Jenny dies in Forest Gump, also when John Coffee died in the Green Mile. Those get me. And i am not a crier!

Also finding out when my eldest daughter was found to have an extremely rare chromosome disorder called Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome watching her prove everyone wrong every day! Especially the doctors. That makes me cry in happiness though

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Beautiful music.
Mostly the type that doesn't have lyrics but every now and then, an artist strikes the right balance of poetry and melody to qualify for a good squirt. Case in point:

Simon & Garfunkle - The only living boy in New York

www.youtube.com...

It reminds me of lost friends and loved ones and always conjures forth imagery of my own mortality.
Beautiful & haunting never fails to bring tears to my eyes.

-Peace-

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I know this story has been referenced a few times on ATS already, but it is definitely worth posting again for those that might not have seen it before.

A Lion Called Christian

(Alternate Version here)

In 1969 Ace Bourke and John Rendall were two young Australian travellers who had just arrived in London when they bought a lion cub from Harrods department store. It was an impractical “impulse” buy, but while he was a cub they felt they could look after him as well as anyone, and do their best to secure his future. They called him Christian.

Ace and John lived with Christian on the King’s Road, Chelsea and when Christian grew too big they moved to the country until it was arranged for Christian to be returned to the wild in Kenya.
Two documentaries entitled The Lion from World’s End, and Christian the Lion were made about his life in London, his return to Africa, George Adamson assembling a “man-made” pride around Christian, and his rehabilitation back into the African wild. Ace and John also wrote A Lion Called Christian (1971) which was re-published in 2009 with superb photographs by Derek Cattani who documented Christian's early life.

A Lion Called Christian

edit on 15/9/2013 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Funerals in movies, since I lost my Mum :'-(

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I saw a documentary several years ago about dolphins (it was not "The Cove") and I don't remember which one it was because there are so many of them. Part of the documentary was about humans using dolphins (which as we know are very intelligent creatures and have even been granted "personhood" in India) as tourist attractions. There was this one man who had a small, shallow, murky pond and he put a dolphin in there and tried to sell tickets to people to come see his dolphin. The dolphin was trapped- alone in this tiny pond with only a plastic toy for companionship. I just couldn't stop crying when I saw that.

Sal

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Dark Ghost
I know this story has been referenced a few times on ATS already, but it is definitely worth posting again for those that might not have seen it before.

A Lion Called Christian

(Alternate Version here)

In 1969 Ace Bourke and John Rendall were two young Australian travellers who had just arrived in London when they bought a lion cub from Harrods department store. It was an impractical “impulse” buy, but while he was a cub they felt they could look after him as well as anyone, and do their best to secure his future. They called him Christian.

Ace and John lived with Christian on the King’s Road, Chelsea and when Christian grew too big they moved to the country until it was arranged for Christian to be returned to the wild in Kenya.
Two documentaries entitled The Lion from World’s End, and Christian the Lion were made about his life in London, his return to Africa, George Adamson assembling a “man-made” pride around Christian, and his rehabilitation back into the African wild. Ace and John also wrote A Lion Called Christian (1971) which was re-published in 2009 with superb photographs by Derek Cattani who documented Christian's early life.

A Lion Called Christian

edit on 15/9/2013 by Dark Ghost because: formatting

I am officially a wreck *sniff sniff* Thanks * goes to get more tissue*

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Suffering.

Children suffering and parents not being able to help it stop (like cancer & treatments).
Parents abandoning children.
Animals suffering due to human selfishness or uncaring.
Families ripped apart by suffering and death.
People losing their eyesight, hearing, ability to talk ....
People suffering dementia ...
Parents dying and knowning they are leaving behind young children.
etc etc etc

Suffering. It's everywhere.
I've never understood when people say 'life is good'.
Sure seems like it's a whole lotta' suffering to me ....

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Kittens.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
looking at my two tear old grand-daughter, wondering if there's gonna be a world for her to see, feel, & enjoy. I tear up everytiime I think about her future. I want so much for this child, all the things I and my kids didnt get to enjoy. Yea, Zoie cause's the tears to well up. And cats being abused in anyway.I have probally rescued 100 or more cats in my 50 years, spent many a dime on a stray that needed to see the vet, then re-homed them at my own exspense. A few dogs also along the way.
edit on 15-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Small acts of kindness with no expectation of reciprocation or recognition.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I guess one has made be tear up a little was this season ending to Doctor who

Doomsday ending

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-9-2013 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

What moves me to tears ? Hmmm... now let's see eh! nothing that's right literally nothing at all. I mean it doesn't take anything to open up the flood gates. I mean I love crying so much I think they should make it an Olympic event. As a matter of fact I cry so much that I have a toilet paper dispenser strapped to my side because Kleenex tissue boxes don't carry enough tissue's in them. Geez I think I'm going to start crying about that now. I think I even cry in my sleep. Just the thought of crying gets me to start whimpering and sends me pat pat pat down the hallway into the bathroom to really start bawling.

muwahahahahahaha....

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Stupid, manipulative books and/or films capturing the poignant beauty, horror and isolation of the human condition...

neglected doggies sitting by themselves, staked out in a yard...

thinking about all the little tragedies, loneliness and wasted beautiful potential of some far away remarkable mind who by circumstance (usually avoidable poverty) won't connect with any other like minds and will pass away from this world unnoticed...

the horrid way many people treat this odd miracle of living on Earth by ignoring or polluting it...

and running out of the pills that make me stop dwelling on this sort of thing... all that might make me cry, if I could without the fear of never being able to stop.

Anything good on T.V.?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   

This:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is a story that I found very touching and something I will never forget!

"The night before Justin Rollins was killed by a roadside bomb, he completed one final heroic act while serving in Iraq. He saved an abandoned puppy, ABC reports. The Army fulfilled the Rollins' request to bring the dog home from the war zone, so that they could hold onto a living piece of their fallen son. They named him Hero. While visiting the family in Newport, N.H., ABC reporter Kimberly Launier watched and photographed the pooch as he trotted out to the backyard and a beam of light shined down on him, creating a "vertical halo."
Picture Here

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
the unnecessary, and endless cycle that sends fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters on a one way trip.
Told in a short story, with music. I've posted it before. but I think it fits in here too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join