It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this solve all those lights in the sky videos (Footage in 0.01 Lux with Canon’s new sensor)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Hi All

We have all seen many videos using night vision equipment and claims of showing proof of ufo's well this technology from Canon may have more success than the VERY LOW RESOLUTION equipment that most of these night vision videos are filmed with many have only a 0.25 mp pixel resolution at best.

In the link below you will see a very low light level video 0.01 lux but it's a full frame DSLR sensor so FULL HD video.

The sample footage is quite impressive when you realize that no external light source was used. In almost total darkness (even a crescent moon puts out about three times as much light as they had to work with)

Canon Low light Sensor

This tech will be great for Astronomy and could solve all those lights in the sky questions.

What do you think.
edit on 14-9-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Pretty good color for near to no light, I am impressed.

Maybe it could be used to view the black budget!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Very Very Good Imaging! I would Love to see some 'Lights in the Sky' shots taken with this equipment. I'd imagine we will see some Debunking, as well as some Proof now! Thanx for the Share. Syx.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I wish I had that sensor when I lived in Oklahoma the fire fly's there are so pretty...I bet this little gem of a camera is expensive, one would probably have to take out a loan just to buy it though...so I will have to put it on my dear Santa list...dream on...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I would love to see this incorporated into DSLR's. This would be a boon for night time photography. I'm not surprised Canon came up with this.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Nice find. I am seriously considering a switch from all Nikon gear to Canon, but am still on the fence so to speak. After shooting Nikon since forever, I almost feel guilty about it, lol. I am sure this new sensor will allow astrophotographers to make some AMAZING images.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

lovebeck

Nice find. I am seriously considering a switch from all Nikon gear to Canon, but am still on the fence so to speak. After shooting Nikon since forever, I almost feel guilty about it, lol. I am sure this new sensor will allow astrophotographers to make some AMAZING images.

This will give you an idea of what it will do for video.

Low light sensor

Watch out for Sony as well they make the sensor chips for Nikon & Pentax they will have a new mirror less SLR size camera with the Sony A-mount out next year.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I'm always impressed by Canon low light capabilities. That's why I use Canon dslr's, camcorders for my production company. Just shot a feature only using a 60D and a HS10.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It seems its already solving the lights in the sky vids, the source article shows a bunch of insects that fly at night.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

The thing is that most of the pictures we see is taken with amateur equipment. If you want results, its gonna cost. You don't buy a new Volvo and expect to win a formula 1 race with it. An amateur or semi-pro camera house and lens just wont do it, but people fail to realize that (Amatueur models in the Canon product line include every house from 1100d up to 7D. In Nikon all models up to D7000). You need the better ISO capability, the more advanced AF system, the superior dynamic range, and so on to get good pictures of something moving at low light.

Want really good pictures today when out UFO hunting? Get a Nikon D4 or a Canon 1Dx and a fast 500/600mm pro lens (not a 50m, not a 70-300 or a Sigma 150-500). Crank up the ISO, and use a tripod. Go talk to anyone standing at the sideline of an NFL match, copy their equipment. That's what you want.

In the Sirius movie they used a 50mm f/1,2 lens. Ffs, thats a portrait lens. Ofc you will just see a small dot on the pictures using that one.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Chazam
reply to post by greencmp

The thing is that most of the pictures we see is taken with amateur equipment.

Sorry even that is wrong most pictures/videos we see are from phone and point & shoot cameras they are not even amatuer class photographic equipment.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I can't wait to buy it. This is great to know! Thanks~

top topics

join