It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New lows, by the poll numbers, for trust in Government... why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Just 49 percent of Americans said they had a great deal or fair amount of confidence in the federal government to handle international problems, according to a Gallup poll released Friday. The previous low was 51 percent in 2007

The public’s trust is even lower when it comes to domestic issues. Just 42 percent of Americans answered with a great deal or fair amount of confidence in the government to handle issues at home, one point below the previous low from 2011.

The poll surveyed 1,510 adults from Sept. 5-8 with a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

www.politico.com...

Just a couple of things to add...IMO the poll is not worth publishing due to the low polling numbers and wide margin (5-8%) of error. However, I did find it interesting that about the same number 49% who have faith in government being able to govern are about the same amount who pay no taxes. Interesting and cherry picking on my part, I know but nevertheless interesting.

I would have thought the numbers would have been lower after all the NDAA, Benghazi, Snowden spying stuff, etc etc etc etc but that is what I get for reading stuff on a conspiracy sight, no? Maybe those who feel the government and trust they deserve should be lower needs to recruit new members to ATS so much of the continuing hanky panky can be read and digested....Just a thought....

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I thought the answer would be obvious to you.they have been caught in so many lies and crooked deals,and I might add with little or no justice(prosecution) going on.just look at holder and his gun running deal;absolute in your face blatant diregard for law.obama let it get swept under the rug,that's the one that relly burns my A@#.or how they get on the idiot box(tv) and tell the biggest bs to the public.
But since they think we are ignorant and cannot fathom these things they get away with it.Whatever happen to congress and the rest of them is beyond me.There are alot of questionable things taking place in our country anymore
that NO one seems to take even an iota of care for.It is as if people are walking around mindless.The internet is a map of information that we didn't have when I was young let alone cd's computers ect.this has exploded over recent years.things we never thought of when we were kids.
So think of this,if they think we are ignorant people and undeserving of this type of info,or equal justice,or the right to live and flourish as we will,one would have to wonder,who is leading this march against humanity?What is there true goal?We don't need a one world gov.We don't all need to look and think the same.Each nation should be left to it's own,to grow it's own food extract it's own resources from it's nations soils,think in it's own way and govern under it's own laws.Some one is trying to take these things away from humanity.who will stop it?Actually , who can?
I think constantly about the future of my children,and the tyrants who will be governing in their time when I'm gone.I will not be here to help or defend thier right to live with dignity,and in a humane way.So what do we do?Wew are here now,and have the power to fight them back,but the down fall for us is there is no organization umongst the common man.he is divivded through his desires,by the waqnt of fame(an illusion at best) and his lack of pitty for his fellow man.
This is were we have to overcome,we are all human beings and came into this world in the same way.We all have the same right to exist!to live happy full lives.
but it seems to some men on this planet,that we do not.well I'm telling you this is bull@#$%.no one man is any better then the other,we all have the same right to exist,let no one tell you any diffrent,there is no population over crowding it is a lie,the earth can sustain much more then it is now,they have made this illusion a crap reality by comming under this one world bs,staples food supplying the world food.each nation can sustain it's own food water and shelter supplies,but greedy men make it into a lie as if there isnt enough of this or that.they are dam liars and should be put to death for absolute crimes against humanity.
But who can prosecute these people?who can even get to them?I'll tell you who;we can.there are more of us then them by far.but as I have said already,humanity is divivded and it will take someone to stand up with a loud voice to make them understand,we can change this,take back our world and return to simplicity.But from what I can see,man is doomed by his own inabitlity to come together for one common cause,the right to live as we will,as free human beings who flourish under no mans direction,but his own.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm quite frankly shocked there are that many who answer yes. lol.... Those must be the same folks we see on the 'Man on the street' interviews giving the answers we all kinda wish they lived elsewhere for.

I wonder, if they took a very large and representative sampling on a national level? Would it be anywhere near that high?

People are getting way way way too hung up on "samples" of a thousand or two thousand people to suggest it represents anything even remotely like 330 million across a whole continent of diversity. Still...I guess it shows in the area they drew names from, half the people are this stupid.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

While the polling numbers they use are pretty much as you pointed out, they are also consistent with other polls...for the most part.

Wasn't there a poll that said people have pretty much lost faith with Congress, at one point only reaching 11% approval. A bunch of questions can be tailored to achieve the desired result. However, we can just look at the various conversations that we have here at ATS and see that there is still a division.

I have seen conservative members agree with liberal members and then the liberals get all smug with the "I told you so", or start taking the opposite tact. (That's odd...LOL) and I have seen conservatives and libertarians do the same in return.

Then again, I have also seen members who do have a civil conversation without damning the other for their beliefs. I know ATS does not wish to return to the polls that they used to hold, but I always liked them.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that I feel much better about western democracy than I did two years ago.

On this basis; The British Parliament democratically decided not to use military intervention in Syria. President Obama is listening to the people and pursuing a diplomatic solution (at least for now any way). The authorities in Europe and U.S are trying to tackle child abuse on an unprecedented scale (even though some of their own have had to fall).

I encourage positive developments wherever they show up.

Democracy is the only tool we have to govern in the free world. By destroying that we are just playing into the hands of less civilized factions who want us to fail.

I am feeling much better about governments because there is a climate of greater transparency. My friends, we can write what we want and speak what we feel without fear. This is a privilege many people in the world do not have.

In my life I have really pushed the boundaries. Yet still I am here as a free soul able to live my spirituality and political leanings in a climate of freedom.

I criticize, I debate, I speak out when I see injustice, but I will never disrespect or condone any action that seeks to destroy the democracies we have in place.

Democracy is a man made system. It is not perfect. It is the best we can do though for now. If we are active in expressing our views then we are participating in government.

It is a very positive thing when governments listen to their people. The two most important areas of concern for me, concerns I was very vocal about, have been listened to; namely child abuse and using military force before exploring diplomatic solutions.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by 727Sky

While the polling numbers they use are pretty much as you pointed out, they are also consistent with other polls...for the most part.

Wasn't there a poll that said people have pretty much lost faith with Congress, at one point only reaching 11% approval. A bunch of questions can be tailored to achieve the desired result. However, we can just look at the various conversations that we have here at ATS and see that there is still a division.

I have seen conservative members agree with liberal members and then the liberals get all smug with the "I told you so", or start taking the opposite tact. (That's odd...LOL) and I have seen conservatives and libertarians do the same in return.

Then again, I have also seen members who do have a civil conversation without damning the other for their beliefs. I know ATS does not wish to return to the polls that they used to hold, but I always liked them.

your'e missing the whole point,there is so much corruption anymore,the whole system is sick.and peoples poiunt of views are not one sided,but carefuly waid on the evidence presented,yes there is some good people who are trying,but they are being drowned out by the corrupt ones.something must be done to put a stop to it.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Has anybody ever actually trusted their government. Throughout history governments have made and destroyed their own government. Whether it be through corruption, greed or infighting empires and governments will fall regardless. The only thing that distinguishes one empire from another is simply how long it could last before falling into anarchy.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

49%? That's a little high in my opinion but I suppose there are still many folks out there who gobble all their information via main stream news and never not trusted the government, but maybe they'll come around sooner or later. I mean, what's it gonna take for these people to see the light? Another damn war? I hope not because chances are they'll support it.

And a poll of 1500ish people is a good number. people.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

blueyezblkdragon
reply to post by 727Sky

Has anybody ever actually trusted their government. Throughout history governments have made and destroyed their own government. Whether it be through corruption, greed or infighting empires and governments will fall regardless. The only thing that distinguishes one empire from another is simply how long it could last before falling into anarchy.

incidently I have to say yes,at one point in time I did.But since the explosion of the internet and information flow
and all these insane laws being passed(some very questioable against the constitution) I have become skeptical.who with a rational mind would'nt question such madness?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Because people for the most part aren't bad, and have a reasonable expectation of fair play. They also have an expectation that their country is what it says it is.

If you want these good people to support bad things, or tolerate injustice and unfairness, you have to mislead them.

The government, and those that influence it, have relied upon media lockdown for 50 years to mislead the public. Thats breaking down.

All the misrepresentations, scandals and hypocrisy is now right out in the open. Along with the preparations for authoritarianism that are being made as the plan B.

Thats why. We live in interesting times. Losing faith in western goverments is not the same as losing faith in what we are supposed to be as nations and the ideals we are supposed to live up to as people.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

justwokeup
Because people for the most part aren't bad, and have a reasonable expectation of fair play. They also have an expectation that their country is what it says it is.

If you want these good people to support bad things, or tolerate injustice and unfairness, you have to mislead them.

The government, and those that influence it, have relied upon media lockdown for 50 years to mislead the public. Thats breaking down.

All the misrepresentations, scandals and hypocrisy is now right out in the open. Along with the preparations for authoritarianism that are being made as the plan B.

Thats why. We live in interesting times. Losing faith in western goverments is not the same as losing faith in what we are supposed to be as nations and the ideals we are supposed to live up to as people.

well said.

new topics

top topics

join