It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you have family members work for / on Project Blue Book like I did ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SadistNocturne

All I've gotta say is, I am utterly amazed at how much a fair proportion of you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill on this issue.

Again, do YOU know FOR A FACT that your parents worked WHERE THEY SAID THEY WORKED ?

If no, do you think they had a valid reason to lie to you ?

Really, all I can do is laugh at this...for #'s sake....

Hi SadistNocturne, you have to understand the nature of this site is not to take anything at face value. Many of the more experience members here have learned to investigate every possibility surrounding any personal story or account. Its the only way to get to the bottom of things.

So if you are going to present a story that can not be backed up in any way you should be prepared for some probing question surrounding what you claim are facts. Its nothing personal, its just how things work round here. No one has come right out and called you a liar but some of us have suggested alternate explanations to the conclusions you have reached.

edit on 13-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

PhoenixOD
Hi SadistNocturne, you have to understand the nature of this site is not to take anything at face value. Many of the more experience members here have learned to investigate every possibility surrounding any personal story or account. Its the only way to get to the bottom of things.

So if you are going to present a story that can not be backed up in any way you should be prepared for some probing question surrounding what you claim are facts. Its nothing personal, its just how things work round here. No one has come right out and called you a liar but some of us have suggested alternate explanations to the conclusions you have reached.

edit on 13-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Uhh, sure...ok

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I find it surprising that the thing you didnt remember and that never appeared during your research was the actual name of the show, which I found after a single cursory search. Seems like the most basic detail to get right.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Tidnabnilims

I find it surprising that the thing you didnt remember and that never appeared during your research was the actual name of the show, which I found after a single cursory search. Seems like the most basic detail to get right.

Oh.

Wow.

wait, here are some nails...and a hammer...and two pieces of wood...

Please NAIL MY A$$ up to that cross and expose me for the DISINFO agent that I am...because, well, the name of a show is such an important tidbit that surely I would have researched it before being curious about where my mother worked or if anyone else had parents who worked on the same project...

I think the cross would look lovely...right...over...THERE..yes, right there..beautiful....

- SN

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

It is important when its the entire premise.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims

It is important when its the entire premise.

Umm, no. The premise is that my MOTHER told me she WORKED on Project Blue Book.

The TV show was only the catalyst to that event.

Actually, one might say it was ANCILLARY to the "entire premise".

Take care, my friend....sharp objects abound!

- SN

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Having misread the context of civilian in the first sentence, I apologise, I led myself to think you meant the show itself (it was dramatisation based on the files of project blue book hence the transcriptions also made sense in that context)

However veiled threats to interstab me are pretty low-brow for this site. Harmless though, unless you play a game I do ! Shaking....

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims

Having misread the context of civilian in the first sentence, I apologise, I led myself to think you meant the show itself (it was dramatisation based on the files of project blue book hence the transcriptions also made sense in that context)

However veiled threats to interstab me are pretty low-brow for this site. Harmless though, unless you play a game I do ! Shaking....

I was not implying a threat. Read it again, perhaps you misread it as well ?

- SN

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Take care, my friend....sharp objects abound

seems fairly obvious under the veil, the old 'make sure you dont fall in a lake with some concrete shoes on' line

either that or a hope I stumble into a random sharp object, and i'll go with the latter as the former seems like too much effort, and could get some kind of warning, which I dont think you deserve.

Either way thanks for wishing me harm bud !

But seriously go out and have a good time, it does help when you are blue..

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims

Take care, my friend....sharp objects abound

seems fairly obvious under the veil, the old 'make sure you dont fall in a lake with some concrete shoes on' line

either that or a hope I stumble into a random sharp object, and i'll go with the latter as the former seems like too much effort, and could get some kind of warning, which I dont think you deserve.

Either way thanks for wishing me harm bud !

But seriously go out and have a good time, it does help when you are blue..

Paranoid, much ?

I was making a veiled stab (not a threat of violence, merely a term, a "phrase" as the kids call it these days) at the idea that you weren't the sharpest tool in the shed. Or the brightest light bulb. Or...well..you know.

Typically you warn those that fall into these categories to be warry of sharp objects...hot stoves...moving automobiles...etc.

I'll wager you don't take STFU as SalmonToFU either, do you ?

I like you, you're fun !

- SN

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So basically she worked on the show behind the scenes uncredited, a 'civilian' role is how I read it, and to be honest that makes the whole thing work. And yes I am stupid enough to mis-read the odd post here and there, doesnt impair my motor function though so I doubt I am what you call "someone who should avoid sharp objects".
If it makes you swell up with pride though, have at it, although its a colloqualism, and as such cant be expected to be understood for what it means by everyone first time. Overall it reads as a veiled threat far more than your version.
Or maybe its just more widely seen as common construct of a veiled threat, than as your 'not the sharpest tool in the box' construct. A good example in fact of how one colloqualism becomes another right there.
Regardless, it reads more as a threat and in future you may have be a little more obvious.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Tidnabnilims

So basically she worked on the show behind the scenes uncredited, a 'civilian' role is how I read it, and to be honest that makes the whole thing work. And yes I am stupid enough to mis-read the odd post here and there, doesnt impair my motor function though so I doubt I am what you call "someone who should avoid sharp objects".
If it makes you swell up with pride though, have at it, although its a colloqualism, and as such cant be expected to be understood for what it means by everyone first time. Overall it reads as a veiled threat far more than your version.
Or maybe its just more widely seen as common construct of a veiled threat, than as your 'not the sharpest tool in the box' construct. A good example in fact of how one colloqualism becomes another right there.
Regardless, it reads more as a threat and in future you may have be a little more obvious.

Note taken!

And hey, be careful out there....sharp objects abound!

Breathe in, breathe out. Laugh a little, and lighten up.

- SN

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with Blue Book but is something that has always made me wonder about certain things. My Grandfather worked on projects in the Military, something with Radio communications. Anyway, when I was a child & we had one of our first Microwaves I was fascinated with how it worked. One day I put something in and Stared directly into the clear window looking in as the food rotated, out of nowhere i got the Hardest Slap to my head that I ever felt, almost like a punch. My Grandfather spun me around & told me to NEVER Stare into that Damn Thing again while it's on. I was in Shock because he never laid a finger on me before, he never even yelled at me. My Grandmother would tell me later that he did it because he Loves Me & needed to make sure I never forget what he told me. She said something like his work in the military has to do with things like the Microwave & that looking into it is Dangerous. I couldn't understand why but his reasoning still makes me weary of those things today. He must have known something about Microwave Frequencies that made him fear me looking at it. His actions alone on that day were so out of Character that I believe there is Danger in Microwaves that we don't really know about.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

NotSoAnonymous
This has nothing to do with Blue Book but is something that has always made me wonder about certain things. My Grandfather worked on projects in the Military, something with Radio communications. Anyway, when I was a child & we had one of our first Microwaves I was fascinated with how it worked. One day I put something in and Stared directly into the clear window looking in as the food rotated, out of nowhere i got the Hardest Slap to my head that I ever felt, almost like a punch. My Grandfather spun me around & told me to NEVER Stare into that Damn Thing again while it's on. I was in Shock because he never laid a finger on me before, he never even yelled at me. My Grandmother would tell me later that he did it because he Loves Me & needed to make sure I never forget what he told me. She said something like his work in the military has to do with things like the Microwave & that looking into it is Dangerous. I couldn't understand why but his reasoning still makes me weary of those things today. He must have known something about Microwave Frequencies that made him fear me looking at it. His actions alone on that day were so out of Character that I believe there is Danger in Microwaves that we don't really know about.

Well, more and more they're doing tests on things like plants being given water that was microwaved versus fresh water...and it's showing that the plants don't get what the water should be delivering to them if the water was microwaved.

I wouldn't be surprised if something more specific and damning comes out in the next few years.

However, as a means of fast cooking, it is an industry standard, dropping it would cost MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of dollars to corporations, and therefore, may never happen.

- SN

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Very intriguing story. I can relate to the part of your mom saying that the typewriter ribbons were confiscated. In the 60s and 70s my sister was working in the Pentagon as a civilian for USAF. She said at the end of every work day she was required to put the typewriter ribbon into a "burn bag". I don't know what she was working on but feel that it must not have been too top-secret because I visited her there many times. Probably can't do that anymore, LOL.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

ColonelCarter
Very intriguing story. I can relate to the part of your mom saying that the typewriter ribbons were confiscated. In the 60s and 70s my sister was working in the Pentagon as a civilian for USAF. She said at the end of every work day she was required to put the typewriter ribbon into a "burn bag". I don't know what she was working on but feel that it must not have been too top-secret because I visited her there many times. Probably can't do that anymore, LOL.

Careful now, you might get labelled as a disinfoagent!!!!

Do you have proof your sister worked there? I mean, *physical proof* ?

Sorry, the atmosphere was not what I was expecting when I posted this thread....I'm just getting a good laugh in where I can

Yeah, I remember being able to walk a good distane into the Pentagon from the underground Metro Station as late as the 90's...I'm sure you cannot even get to that level now....

I also remember getting special privilege as to where we could view the fireworks on the Pentagon lawn because my Aunt was a civilian with the equivalent ranking of a Lt. Colonel...She even bumped Colonels on Military flights....

Thanks for your post!!!

- SN

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

LOL, my physical proof is this: drab office, linoleum floors, very blah.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Yeah Iv'e seen something about plants not growing with microwave water or next to wifi.

Can another Asbestos type overlook happen in today's age? Did they know Asbestos would have affects with long term direct exposure? Or where they oblivious? I hope we don't find out that long term exposure has left half the population with brain Damage or something. It is unnatural the way it cooks right? Or is it a Modern Day Fire?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

SadistNocturne

Again, do YOU know FOR A FACT that your parents worked WHERE THEY SAID THEY WORKED ?

-SN

There are several tell tail signs to determine if they aren't.

Such as:
1) Their job isn't TS, but you can't visit them at their work place.
2) You can't go out to lunch with them everyday
3) Related to #2, they take "business trips around the country or world" or they work "on the road" a lot.
4) People from their work have done "interviews" with close friends and past neighbors (TS screening).
5) When you ask them about stuff, they beat around the bush and change the subject.
6) They move their place of residence often.
7) You sneak into their wallet and inside you find a CAC card.

The more of these you can answer Yes to, the more likely it is that they aren't what they say they are.

I see on the news all the time people who lead more than 1 wife/family, and the two (or more) never knew it. If it can happen with a wife, it can happen with a job.
edit on 15-9-2013 by ProjectUltra2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

ProjectUltra2013

SadistNocturne

-SN

There are several tell tail signs to determine if they aren't.

Such as:
1) Their job isn't TS, but you can't visit them at their work place.
2) You can't go out to lunch with them everyday
3) Related to #2, they take "business trips around the country or world" or they work "on the road" a lot.
4) People from their work have done "interviews" with close friends and past neighbors (TS screening).
5) When you ask them about stuff, they beat around the bush and change the subject.
6) They move their place of residence often.
7) You sneak into their wallet and inside you find a CAC card.

The more of these you can answer Yes to, the more likely it is that they aren't what they say they are.

I see on the news all the time people who lead more than 1 wife/family, and the two (or more) never knew it. If it can happen with a wife, it can happen with a job.
edit on 15-9-2013 by ProjectUltra2013 because: (no reason given)

Somewhat offtopic, but ok....sure...I hear you...

- SN

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join