It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin's hypocrisy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

I've stated this before but it bears repeating. There is a power vacuum right now. We have a weak, innefectual US president, so in the absence of strong leadership, Putin stepped in.

The Putin fan-club is simply acknowledging his power. Some gravitate to it. Too many are unable to distinguish between leadership and bad leadership.

Er, no we don't. For the first time in a very long time, we have a President who is "listening to the people". In the opening in his first speech, he said he worked for a government "by the people and for the people". He has listened, and is responding in turn. He sees the majority of Americans and Brits are opposed to his proposed actions, and he is responding by seeking potentially effective alternatives. Obviously, of all nations, Russia singularly carries the most influence over Syria.

"In the absence of strong leadership, Putin stepped in" ??? You've got to be kidding. What a joke. Putin has been whining and crying over how Russia has been diminished in the role of a "super power", and taking jabs at how Americans think they are so "special". Good lord, anybody with even a whit of understanding of human nature can see the man is eaten alive with jealousy. Like a seventh grader, it's pathetic.

Here, he sees a chance to earn gobal approval ( and maybe even a little shirtless "star status", while at the same time, protecting his own interests in Syria). It's a win-win for him, otherwise he wouldn't be doing it. The motivation is astonishingly transparent. Any fool can see it.

John Stewart reported last night that a commentator on FOX news (I never touch the stuff) reported that Russia had CASTRATED the President. Anybody who thinks that is the queen of Drama Town.

Putin is taking a moment to play Robin to Obama's BATMAN. For whatever his self-serving motives, I'm glad he is, and I'm happy to have a President who is willing to let someone else take the stage for a moment and be strong in the global community, and who is not so eaten up with his own ego, that he pushes an unwelcome agenda.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

Then let me ask, is Obama going to attack Syria?

Are you for an attack, or are you for whatever Obama decides?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

beezzer

Like the President, I am hopeful current negotiations with Syria will prevail, and an attack will be off the table.

Second question: Of course not.

Question for you: Are you opposed to whatever Obama decides? Your posting history indicates this is almost a certainty. Just sayin'.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

BellaSabre

beezzer

Like the President, I am hopeful current negotiations with Syria will prevail, and an attack will be off the table.

Second question: Of course not.

Question for you: Are you opposed to whatever Obama decides? Your posting history indicates this is almost a certainty. Just sayin'.

Nope. If you look closely, there have been times when I've even agreed with him. (shocking, I know)

I am against attacking Syria. If Obama takes that option off the table then I will support that and even celebrate that fact.

The fact that he has of yet to take that option off the table tells me that his position on Syria is (to be nice) "fluid".

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's a complicated situation. When I hear senators and congressmen comment essentially " This is a horrific act. It's despicable, inhumane, illegal, and we disapprove". But then, they might as well follow up with "but we accept it". Because they don't want to act to end it. You either end it, or you accept it. Period.

The talk about Americans being "war weary", is too light a description. Maybe they should try " profoundly war weary. We've had enough. I am profoundly war weary. We are not even sure who the rebels are, and I gravely fear terrorists.

I'm ready for another country to step up. It's about damn time.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I'll star that post. (thumbs up)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
When the going gets tough, the rats will jump Into the sea. The people whoring themselves out for Putin are the ones that cannot call themselves patriots.

S/F sonny

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

muse7
When the going gets tough, the rats will jump Into the sea. The people whoring themselves out for Putin are the ones that cannot call themselves patriots.

S/F sonny

Before spouting stuff like that off you need to learn what a patriot is first. A patriot stands for what is best for his country not stand for his government. Right now Putin is pointing out what America is doing wrong and the patriots are ones agreeing with him. And as Jefferson stated that resistance to government can be a valuable thing.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Putin doesn't give a rat's ass about the Syrian people, or the people of the US. What he DOES care about, is that pipeline project going ahead...you know the one....the one that bypasses all of the nations who we have deals with... With Assad in power, that pipeline is a go. With him gone? Not so much. Putin is all about keeping Assad in power, not preventing war.

He's simply better at the game than Obama.

For months I pondered, but now I do finally see why this administration is so keen on ousting Assad, even if it means getting terrorists to do it. However, nobody is buying the load of crap he's trying to sell as the reason. Preventing this pipeline is in the best economic interests of the US...but is it worth the negative political fallout? I doubt it. Apparently though, this administration calculates it differently.

Putin is no angel, nor herald of peace. But he isn't just a Bond Villain either. He's a cool and calculating world player, and he just outplayed the leader of the free world.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

the whole situation in Syria is caused by rebels backed by US government.

That is a EFFING LIE.

How about the reality of Sunni and Shia sectarian violence ?

Because Saudi Arabia and Iran don't have the balls to go after each other directly ?

That is what is going on. That is what has been going on for DECADES.

Syria is happening regardless of what the US has done.

Do some RESEARCH for once instead of regurgitating the holy church of dogma. While there has been some aid from the US to the 'rebel's. Their primary financier is Saudi and other Sunni friendly factions in the ME.

Same with the Shia who is backed by RUSSIA, and Iran, and other friendly factions.

This is exactly why I stopped posting. TOO MUICH BLOODY BS being spewed on ATS since Syria.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

of course the whole conflict is a lot older, but what happened during the past year is a direct result of US government actions. would there be peace inside Syria without US intelligence working behind the doors to destabilize the country? maybe, maybe not. that's Syria's internal affair. the situation between Syria, Israel and Iran would be a lot calmer though, if US military would just disappear from the region. the more military presence of USA in the region, the more 'brave' Israel gets. that's not going to lead to peace, at all.

also, some links i've posted in another thread:
www.activistpost.com...
www.newswithviews.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...

Syria had some internal mess, for sure. so had Egypt, so had Libya, so had Iraq. look how well 'the help of the United States of America to ensure peaceful transition' ended up for those countries. middle east may be a barrel of a gun powder since centuries, but US government presence there is an open fire. all USA actions have only one purpose - to help USA. everyone else is a secondary class citizen of 'some troubled country' at best, and usually just an animal that can be slaughtered for money, oil and power. Putin calls it for what it is, and because of that some people just cannot stand him, because 'their mighty USA' has 'the right' to subdue every other nation as it fits its interests. and THAT is BS.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

but what happened during the past year is a direct result of US government actions.

No it isn't.

The US is not the only country involved there. ANYONE trying to blame the US for Syira is pushing intellectual dishonesty.

Who cares though right ?

Blame America the standard go to dogma because they are always the ones at fault.

No matter what.

Research like this:

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls, Read more: www.upi.com...

IT is well establish the 'rebels' in Syria are Al Qaeda who is backed by Saudi Arabia who is there largest financiers.

It is well established that the Pro Assad supporters is Hezbollah on the ground their nemesis.

Sorry to say anyone saying the past year is the fault of the the US 'only'

Does not even have a clue what is really going on there.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My first thought after reading the OP was: " you shouldn't have done that" lol.
You shouldn't give ATS such a cold shower when everyone is so enchanted by Putin; yet i'm glad someone had the guts to do it. S&F from me, not that will make any difference...

I login daily on ATS, and while browsing through tens of admiration threads for Putin's peace efforts, I'm not sure i didn't slipped into an parallel dimension where Putin is a peacemaker, law upholding person, Assad is an honest leader fighting for the good of his people and all the conflicts happening in this world are solely the fault of US. Are there any bad people left at all except for those evil americans?

Especially after reading this thread here I wonder if people of US really understood what are they cheering up for.

I wonder how come we don't see that all this russian "diplomacy" is just a tactical game to gain more time for Syria, to keep killing each other at will. They already started to twist it with their own conditions; someone really believes they will give up their chemical weapons, in a middle of a dirty war? It will take many months, even years, and even then I'm sure they'll keep some for themselves.

Never mind that, this whole Syria situation is as dirty and deceitful as it can gets, but I never imagined, no matter how bad the life seems to be in the US right now, I never imagined someone would think is worse than Russia or Syria. Then people have absolutely no idea. For what is worth I'll take Obama with both hands over Putin, anytime.

But then again, if that's what the people think, I say let them have at it. I have a feeling that things will become so bad for all of us that it wouldn't matter anymore who supported who. Damned if we do and damned if we don't, that's how I see it, so if Putin is the hero of the day, I'll drink for that too lol.

edit on 13-9-2013 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

and Saudi Arabia has closest ties with whom? ever heard the term 'war by proxy'? do you really think all their destabilization efforts are carried openly?

sure, if Saudi Arabia gains from the situation and USA gains from the situation, it's a 'win-win' for both and more than single party has to be blamed. that doesn't say though that if the USA would stay away from the middle east, the situation wouldn't be entirely different. their influence is greater than you admit.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sparta

sonnny1

ObservingYou

sonnny1
reply to post by ObservingYou

I guess you can justify mass murder in legal terms or because he has a treaty with Syria.

Or you can do what Putin has done, and violate international law too. Lets just forget anything wrong he's done. It's easier to stare in the face of dead people when they can't ask the question "why" .

I'm sorry - did I miss the news today? I've not heard of Putin commiting/supporting mass murder OR breaking international law.

I was under the impression Putin was UPHOLDING international law?

In fact - did you miss his speach about the USA and the UN just two days ago?

Please fill in the blanks.
edit on 13-9-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

His country was in violation of international law with his war with Georgia. For someone who spouts off as knowing what "legal" is, I would have thought you were we'll versed with it. Second If you bothered to read what I wrote you would have saw the link. I won't hold it against you though. This usually happens when Putins fan club comes out and disregards the lives of those lost in Chechnya or Georgia because he has a "legal" right to wage war....... Who cares if innocent people die.

Deny Ignorance Indeed.
edit on 072013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

Please man you need some history on the matter. Georgia were made to look innocent but far from it.

Breaking international law by invading Georgia? They had to, Georgia broke that treaty and decided to invade southern Ossetia taking the capital, which you need to know was mostly populated by Russian nationals, that conflict has a span of years, Georgia had killed thousands of them before the treaty, so of course Russia invaded them.

You seem to be high off all these anti Russia Hollywood films portraying Russia to still be bloody soviets, perhaps if you did research on this subject matter you may find some different answers.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Sparta because: spella

Actually I know the history. Both sides were guilty of breaking International law. It was in the link, if you bothered to read it.The difference is what those who hate America say. Russia has a superior Army, and brought more then they needed. Besides that they were guilty of the same exact thing many on ATS cry about when it comes to the United States.

Many on ATS are hypocrites also. They see what they want to see and justify the very thing they demonize. Putin had no problem killing those in his own country.

Reread the OP. The points I make are spot on.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Its not really love for Putin, its that he is the only world leader saying what just about everyone else is thinking.

I love seeing Putin putting America in its place. Don't get me wrong, I like Americans but I hate the American policy makers. I think the American government is the most vile most deceiving government in the world and are definitely the biggest warmongers around.

The World is sick and tired of being bullied by the US and if the trend continues, the US might one day soon find themselves without any friends other than Israel. Though the US is by far the biggest super power they would be sadly out matched if the rest of the worlds nations stood against them. It might come to that at some point if the US continues to push their weight around the way they do now.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thank you sonny! I wanted to make this very thread, but saw it as a troll breeding ground so opted out. S&F for you a million times over.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I think it's because people see him as bailing them out of a war they didn't want to fight or get involved in. Maybe granting Asylum to Snowden is an issue as well for some. He appears to be one of the few leaders not willing to let the US walk all over him and stand up to the sole superpower on issues that people care about. He is only doing it to serve his own interests of course but lots of people are still happy they aren't going to have to fight yet another war in the middle east because of the diplomatic solution he has brokered.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Strakha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

rockintitz
I hear ya, but I don't think it's love of Putin that's the problem.

It's the love of anything that puts the US gov.in its place. That's how bad it has gotten here in good ol' America. We now have to quote a psychopathic dictator to discredit a psychopathic dictator.

The old pot calling the kettle black.......
For the love of god or whomever open your eyes to back to back wars without resolve.

This madness has got to stop and I don't give a flying leap who stops it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

buster2010
Before spouting stuff like that off you need to learn what a patriot is first. A patriot stands for what is best for his country not stand for his government. Right now Putin is pointing out what America is doing wrong and the patriots are ones agreeing with him. And as Jefferson stated that resistance to government can be a valuable thing.

Unless you resist Putin's Guberment, then you end up dead.

Right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join