It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin's hypocrisy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Putin, Obama, its all just the name
They are as bad as each other from my view
Warmongers who want control of the world

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I don't know if its possible to separate the leader from the man. I see him as just another manipulator who views humans as things.

His track record is what makes me see him like this.

Thanks for the well thought out post by the way.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Nope. Your point is VOID.

Putin is arming the LEGAL Government, what he supposed to do? Stand by whilst the USA arm the terrorists attempting to topple the LEGAL Government.

See the key word here?

LEGAL.

Repeat after me... "LEGAL".
edit on 13-9-2013 by ObservingYou because: Typo if you must know, although I don't see why you bother to ask, like i'm obliged to answer.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I guess you can justify mass murder in legal terms or because he has a treaty with Syria.

Or you can do what Putin has done, and violate international law too. Lets just forget anything wrong he's done. It's easier to stare in the face of dead people when they can't ask the question "why" .

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Putin knew this whole fiasco with Syria had nothing to do with chemical weapons.

So he catered to the lie and forced the US to play by its own made up accusations against Syria. Putin is playing chess, Obummer is playing Go Fish.

Love him or hate him, you have to admit the man is a boss, he is the reason Russia has been booming since he became P.M. It's funny, because you see pictures of the guy shooting sniper rifles with the Spetsnaz, the only American politician I ever remember shooting a gun was Dick Cheney and that was an accidental shot to his friends face.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

sonnny1
It's easier to stare in the face of dead people when they can't ask the question "why" .

Quoted for truth!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

sonnny1

I guess you can justify mass murder in legal terms or because he has a treaty with Syria.

Or you can do what Putin has done, and violate international law too. Lets just forget anything wrong he's done. It's easier to stare in the face of dead people when they can't ask the question "why" .

I'm sorry - did I miss the news today? I've not heard of Putin commiting/supporting mass murder OR breaking international law.

I was under the impression Putin was UPHOLDING international law?

In fact - did you miss his speach about the USA and the UN just two days ago?

Please fill in the blanks.
edit on 13-9-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

sonnny1

gladtobehere

While they're no angels, the only nation openly attacking and invading other nations, is the US.

I'm not buying that.

Putin has blood on his hands. This isn't about the United States. This is about the lack of holding Putin accountable for the very thing he is pointing his finger at.

The whole point of the OP was to ask WHY so much love for a outright murderer. Putin is just a slick version of Stalin without the extra zeros on the death chart.

Sad.

You are quite right, Obama and Bush took those zeros and killed a million Iraqis. Hundreds of thousands of afganis, leveled a great African nation all in the name of Freedom, there are some slick politicians out there. I do understand Putin has also given order for war and many died but the fact remains until he actually starts mass killing he is not Stalin, comparing him to such is a pathetic slandering technique.

You go into over 5 years past to have ago, we argue the fact the US is still doing these things, if Russia was constantly bombing Chechnya to this day I would agree. He is no beacon of peace that's for sure, but he is the only leader who actually speaks his mind and doesn't speak in damned riddles.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

ObservingYou

sonnny1

I'm sorry - did I miss the news today? I've not heard of Putin commiting/supporting mass murder OR breaking international law.

His country was in violation of international law with his war with Georgia. For someone who spouts off as knowing what "legal" is, I would have thought you were we'll versed with it. Second If you bothered to read what I wrote you would have saw the link. I won't hold it against you though. This usually happens when Putins fan club comes out and disregards the lives of those lost in Chechnya or Georgia because he has a "legal" right to wage war....... Who cares if innocent people die.

Deny Ignorance Indeed.
edit on 072013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

sonnny1

ObservingYou

sonnny1

His country was in violation of international law with his war with Georgia. For someone who spouts off as knowing what "legal" is, I would have thought you were we'll versed with it. Second If you bothered to read what I wrote you would have saw the link. I won't hold it against you though. This usually happens when Putins fan club comes out and disregards the lives of those lost in Chechnya or Georgia because he has a "legal" right to wage war....... Who cares if innocent people die.

Deny Ignorance Indeed.

I do apologise - I thought we were discussing Syria?

In that case, just let me check how many international laws the US has broken in the last 80 years, we could check Russia's too and see where the tally lies

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

While they're no angels, the only nation openly attacking and invading other nations, is the US.

You mean Afghanistan? I don't think Russia or China for that matter, had any quibble with us attacking Afghanistan. I guess you could Count Panama and Grenada, but that was a while ago. But Russia invaded Georgia didn't it, have you ever heard of Chechnya - you should look that one up, it's a doozy? France just attacked some country in Africa and they started Libya. Didn't the Saudi's send in units to a neighbor country in the last few years? Ask the Tibetans about China's good neighbor policy while your at it.

If your talking about Iraq, the US certainly got all their friends together for that one, but it wasn't alone.
Nice try though. You basically re spewed Putin's comment. Putin is just trying to swing his dick around because Russia USED to be a superpower. It's kind of a Napoleon syndrome now. All his pictures and blustering is like the overcompensating guy in a Porsche.

V

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

ObservingYou

I do apologise - I thought we were discussing Syria?

In that case, just let me check how many international laws the US has broken in the last 80 years, we could check Russia's too and see where the tally lies

Actually we were talking about Putin. You could always start your own thread about the ills of America or jump into the many threads that are out there. I don't know why you are trying to derail the thread but it is annoying.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
From what i understand of Syria for many years many religions have lived side by side in peace for the most part, including, Jews, Muslims and Christians. The country is modern well developed with people of all races and religions working side by side, learning side by side etc. Now terrorists from different groups from outside of Syria and from within backed by the likes of France, USA, UK etc are destroying the relative peace that was once held there and slaughtering people of all faiths and races and turning what was once a beautiful modern country into a waste ground.

These rebels/terrorist if allowed to 'win' will have forced conversions to islam, in fact that is ongoing at present, Christians and Jews fleeing for their lives. Assad may not be a angel but the country as a whole has worked well as a multi faith country which is fast disappearing under the rebels/terrorist backed by western interests.

So for me Putin is doing the right thing and backing the Assad government because once that falls Syria will become another haven for terrorists groups across the world.

But at the end of the day this is nothing to do with saving lives it is all about a gas pipeline/Iran/regime change and the imf.

I don't see the point of bringing up Putins past all the time, history is exactly that it is history it can't be changed, but going forward we change, people change. We all have skeletons in the closet, none of us are perfect. I judge Putin on his actions today, tomorrow....................As far as i can see the barbarian rebels and terrorists backed by western governments are the ones eating hearts, forcing conversions, beheading children, girls, boys, men and women.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
To be honest nobody with an ounce of sense really thinks Putin is any better than the people running the western nations. Who would want to live in Russia instead? Not me for one.

He's simply cashing in on a little popularity while the public fumbles its way to another realisation. Namely that its all just games of international mafia wars. Smash, murder and manipulate for access to resources and fight off your competitors.

Whats happening in the western nations is that the false discourse that we have had whereby our blatant self interest has been coated in lofty rhetoric is coming unglued. The necessary lie cant be maintained in the 21st century with the amount of information resources at the hands of individuals.

They day will arrive soon where in order for the west to go and steal stuff it will have to collectively decide its ok with that at the general public level rather than a few at the top with bloodstained conscience and the rest in blissful ignorance.

We haven't yet grasped we are ALL, 'every team', just self interested bad guys. Its coming.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

What i suspect is,it's because so many individuals and nations/large demograpics of people think America deserves a slapdown+propably don't care much for the American citizenry either.So when something like this happens,and given that in this case Putin looks particularly good because he was seen as trying to prevent much bloodshed and death-of civilians,who as usual would have suffered horrifically,and soldiers,who are the children of civilians usually-he is seen as a "man for the people"
That endears him to people on a certain level,i'm sure.
Not everyone has met some very fine American people,i have had the privilege to.But for some one(and that's a lot of some-ones all added together)else they are depersonalised and judged by the actions of your president,your government.And what you do,how operate as a Country.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

sonnny1

ObservingYou

sonnny1

Deny Ignorance Indeed.

Please man you need some history on the matter. Georgia were made to look innocent but far from it.

Breaking international law by invading Georgia? They had to, Georgia broke that treaty and decided to invade southern Ossetia taking the capital, which you need to know was mostly populated by Russian nationals, that conflict has a span of years, Georgia had killed thousands of them before the treaty, so of course Russia invaded them.

You seem to be high off all these anti Russia Hollywood films portraying Russia to still be bloody soviets, perhaps if you did research on this subject matter you may find some different answers.
edit on 13-9-2013 by Sparta because: spella

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

sonnny1
reply to post by James1982

I don't know if its possible to separate the leader from the man. I see him as just another manipulator who views humans as things.

His track record is what makes me see him like this.

Thanks for the well thought out post by the way.

I can understand that, once you know all of Putin's dirty deeds it's hard to forget them.

One more thing, and as I mentioned some people are legitimate Putinis (the Putin lovers, pronounced "Poo-Teen-Eees") but I think some of the chatter about Putin could simply be in praise of his actions, not necessarily in praise of the man himself.

Many people think the actions being taken by Putin are the right actions, some may be mistaken and think he is taking those actions out of righteous motivation, but either way it seems possible to support correct action even if the person taking that action is a monster.

ObservingYou
Nope. Your point is VOID.

Putin is arming the LEGAL Government, what he supposed to do? Stand by whilst the USA arm the terrorists attempting to topple the LEGAL Government.

See the key word here?

LEGAL.

Repeat after me... "LEGAL".
edit on 13-9-2013 by ObservingYou because: Typo if you must know, although I don't see why you bother to ask, like i'm obliged to answer.

While you make a good point, I doubt Sonny's view of Putin is based solely on his actions with Syria. Putin has been at this game for a long time, and racked up a lot of bad juju along the way. Even if Russia's involvement with Syria was completely on the up-and-up he still has a long checkered past or horrible acts that define him.

I'm curious what your opinion of Russia's involvement in Afghanistan is? Reason being, the situation there is similar to the situation in Syria. The legitimate government of Afghanistan requested (more like begged and pleaded) for Russia to come in and help them out, while at the same time America was supplying the muslim extremist rebels trying to overthrow the government.

How history repeats itself, now we have Russia involved at the request of the legitimate government, which is in the process of being overthrown by US-backed Muslim extremist rebels...... again.

I'm just curious, seeing as the two situations are quite similar, if you support Russia's role in Afghanistan in the same way you support their role in Syria?
edit on 13-9-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I was waiting for a thread like this so Thank You SO Much
People do seem to forget that Putin is not doing this because he wants world peace and everyone to live in harmony. As an Eastern European I naturally have distrust of Putin because of his history and his present and most likely his future too. Thank You again

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Im not saying that Putin is a nice guy. But among a group of a-holes, he was most recently the least a-holish of the group.

Hero of the moment.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yes Putin is as bad as they get. I can admit that. He is (ex) KGB and an (ex) communist hardliner. The oldest living enemy of America. He has a million reasons why he would want to say things about our leaders. However, he has one reason why he can speak the truth. He has nothing to lose.

President Obama has doubled everything that was bad under Bush, but he gets a pass every time (often times more than doubled).

The war in Iraq ended because Bush set it up to end and Obama got the credit. The war in Afghanistan was extended and bush got the fallout.

Obama handed Libya and Egypt to the Muslim Brotherhood and he was applauded (even though he went against the War Powers Act in Libya). In Libya, he said he didn't require Congress as he had a UN mandate, now in Syria he goes to Congress and doesn't have time for UN "hokus-pokus".

When Bush ordered dozens of Drone strikes he was the devil, Obama orders hundreds and he is "saving American lives".

When Bush didn't have money in New Orleans in hours he was a racist, when Obama didn't have money in New York in MONTHS it was the fault of Congress.

Bush was to blame for everything that went wrong when he was in office. Obama is "just a figurehead" or "just a puppet" or "it wouldn't matter who was in office". It's never Obama's fault. Even this time the man will dodge all the flak I promise you.

And if someone tries to say it is Obama's fault, well the game of "one card Monty" will begin". Putin doesn't care. He is a villain and has nothing to lose when it come to the American public.
edit on 13-9-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join