It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Assad uses Chemical Weapons in Damascus Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Apparently the rebels are claiming that al-assad has used chemical weapons, this time on the rebels themselves. It is my opinion that this is a last ditch effort by the rebels to try and get the US to intervene. I believe that the rebels were responsible in the first attack. Lets see how this impacts the recent "agreement". Should be interesting!

According to Syrian rebels, on Thursday, the Assad regime launched another gas attack in Damascus. Rebels said that the attack happened in the Jobar area of Damascus, and that they did not know the nature of the chemical weapons, but that rebels were having trouble breathing. The rebels also posted video to Youtube showing rebels struggling to breathe.
www.breitbart.com...
edit on 12-9-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 12-9-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Oh. Well then. I mean if they had video of the rebels struggling to breathe and all....

Somebody call Obama and Kerry. We need them on this right away!

edit on 9/12/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Interestingly, u.s. must really want to invade. I'm sure the rebels made this all up. U.s. is starving for war. This could be another false flag for war. Should be interesting if this is real

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
im so sick of this!
is the US so desperate to start a war?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Yes?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
It has become obvious that some parties want war no matter what the cost or risk. And will do just about anything, or tell just about any lie to get us all there.
Tetra

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I agree. The US will stop at nothing to get this attack in. If this latest plan does not work, I fear the next false flag that is attempted will hit a lot closer to home, up to and including another "attack" on the US. I am quite surprised the US missed their chance at an "anniversary attack" on 09/11. Something extreme needs to happen to get the american people on board for an attack, and that is what scares me

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
whats funny is that tear gas used in war, is a war crime. As for using it on protestors well the US is totally for that. As for trouble breathing, well didnt see the video, but sounds as bad as tear gas on protestors. That sounds like good enough reason to join there war, or atleast when some other country decides to go to war with us for using that type of force on its citizens

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I saw this earlier and thought the same thing - all these gas attacks happening sre suspicious - filming these things along with their need for our help. I'm not sure what happened to the report from 9/6 coming out of there (verified yet)? Why was that one so quiet?

If they are using gas to try and pin it on Assad (those being aided by us), that will turn this entire thing on its head. I hope they will be able to absolutely verify who is responsible this time around. It seems unlikely Assad would order this now - especially with Russia and Iran willing to turn on him if more atrocities occur.

I also must wonder, if this is an attempt to manipulate the US, how much further will they go? US citizens or military over there? Israel? It seems people are itching to see Syria bombed so it seems like it's only a matter of time. Hope I'm wrong - world needs peace

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

thegoods724
whats funny is that tear gas used in war, is a war crime. As for using it on protestors well the US is totally for that. As for trouble breathing, well didnt see the video, but sounds as bad as tear gas on protestors. That sounds like good enough reason to join there war, or atleast when some other country decides to go to war with us for using that type of force on its citizens

I briefly looked on YT for the video, but my short search produced nothing. As far as tear gas, I do believe that the chemicals we are talking about are quite a bit more dangerous than just tear gas. Also, I would not be surprised if tear gas WAS NOT used in just about every country for the police.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I was wondering what Plan B was. If this is true, makes sense.

The war machine desperation is becoming a bit too obvious (well to those paying attention).

Not sure this will convince the anti-Syria invasion crowd.

I was expecting something bigger - more to come perhaps?
edit on 12-9-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Remember Ghadaffi agreed to give up his chemical weapons, and well, we all know how that ended. This and every attack by the US are planned well in advance. If the decision has been made to attack, then an attack WILL happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

i'm wondering if this is something made up.
reason is i did a search, and only found your source, and it is dated today and is 14 hours old.

now if that is true every news source there is would be reporting this.

edit on 12-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well, he did say it would take a month or more.....that is just too long.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Sadly enough, sometimes we just never know if something is true or not. As I said earlier, I personally do not believe it is real, just a group of rebels trying to stir something up. I have also read somewhere that the rebels were killing each other. Honestly, it really doesnt matter, as I stated, if it is an attack they want to do, then an attack will happen.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Actually the source used in the link is fromthe times of Israel.

So do they want us to come in??? Of course they want us preparing the way for them. We come in, they retaliate and America is demanding to support israel

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie

i'm wondering if this is something made up.
reason is i did a search, and only found your source, and it is dated today and is 14 hours old.

now if that is true every news source there is would be reporting this.

edit on 12-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Here is another source, perhaps a bit more reliable?www.washingtontimes.com...

Syrian rebel fighters on Thursday said President Bashar Assad’s regime has unleashed a second chemical weapon attack in the same Damascus region as the first, Israeli media reported.
The Times of Israel said the accusation came from rebel sources, claiming chemical weapons were used in an attack in the neighborhood of Jobar.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

i agree, i think that it's the rebels, and that they are being given the gas.
it's just pretty sad and pathetic, that they would think that they could keep doing this and get the strikes, they want, especially when there seems to be proof that they used the weapons in the first place was back in april or may, and tried to blame assad.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You know, if lotto numbers were this predictable, we'd all be millionaires by now.

It never ceases to amaze me - the relentless drive by the MSM to spew propaganda.

Classic Fnord

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
i sent this to thesmokengman but i see that he is off line, so i'll post it.

this is the video that is supposed to be the one that was linked to from the times of isreal

looks pretty fake to me, they show only three men, and two of the are laying in the same spot at different times in the video.

also the date they show as it was posted was Sept11, so what do the rebels run a day behind.
the report says the attack happened on thursday, which in the western world is the 12th. the video was posted on the 11th. look in the about button, title says مشق - جوبر || شهادة لاحد الأطباء يصف الغازات التي تعرض لها الحي 12-9-2013. but the publish date says, Published on Sep 11, 2013

i'm gonna call bs.

the video is in arabic, at least that what i think they speak there.

edit on 13-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join