It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does YouTube ads keep playing after I press "Skip Ad"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I watch a youtube video every day. Mostly music.

Just today I noticed after I click "Skip Ad", the audio for the Ad keeps playing... even after my video starts. Maybe 1 and a half seconds into the video. It is hella annoying.

What's that all about?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

THAT does not happen to me but I have my own issues with youtube to the point I often have to use proxies .. in my experience, it has to do with your local internet provider intentionally throtteling or injecting ads, or other things .. I mean in my own experience I have a 10mb connection and I get constant interruptions, there's no logical reason a proxy should make it be so fast... but it's true, when I use a proxy it's lightning fast..

Give this a shot, see if your symptoms resolve.. if they do, there's a good chance it's your isp..

www.proxfree.com/youtube-proxy.php
edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

When it comes down to it, the extra second or two from the Ad's audio isn't as bad as having to use a prxoy. Proxies take time, and effort. I'm lazy.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Isn't it interesting how those couple of seconds really grab your attention?

Huh...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

If you type the word "skip" after youtube but before .com it will go to youtubeskip.com and you won't have to deal with any ads

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

myartisstrong
reply to post by Mugen

If you type the word "skip" after youtube but before .com it will go to youtubeskip.com and you won't have to deal with any ads

This is legit.

top topics

join