It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If biblical prophecy is true then it must and will be fullfilled, correct?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I have lurked for quite some time here and only recently become active in threads. In the time that I have lurked I have watched debate after debate unfold between one side and the other, with both holding stubbornly to there ideals.

I myself am a non-denominational christian, I believe in and try my best to follow the words of christ that is I don't need some stranger dressed in the manner of liberace telling me how to live my life. I learned how to be a decent person from my family who taught me about God and Christ. I make no claims at perfection however. I have my own dark proclivities that I'm not exactly proud of, but hey they make me me.

Anyway, on to my point which is if (and I personaly believe it is) biblical prophecy is correct then there is not really much any of us can do to actually stop what is inevitably coming. Furthermore isn't it a bit arrogant of us to think that we can stop an event that is mandated by God? Don't get me wrong, it is never a bad thing to attempt to make the world a better place. I just think that (for those that believe anyway) our time would be better spent tempering our steel, fortifying our resolve and preparing to stand tall in the face of the coming storm. If faced with the choice of denouncing your beloved savior and having your head severed from your body, you should smile and say swing your axe excutioner.

For the naysayers that would criticize and belittle us believers I will say that unless you seek or stumble upon the lord you will never know the peace and serenity that comes with faith. I will pray that you all find it. There is a certain fearlessness that comes with it not a sense of invincibility but rather a contentness in knowing that should you meet the reaper he will simply take you home. A home that is a far better place than this realm.

We all need to rember to live and let live and stop playing judge as it is not our place. An example would be for homophobes to chill and let people be who they are as long as it is not directly harming anyone. On the flip side of that specific coin, gay's should chill and stop trying to shove there lifestyle in peoples faces and accept that some people don't agree with there way of life. As long as no one on either side is being harmed then relax and break bread together, you might learn something.

Even an atheist would be hard pressed to say that the words of someone they don't believe in were the words of a immoral man. I've said it before, now is the time to educate, prepare and find time to enjoy life in between.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Correct, if you try to shoot the bad guys....and your aim was true, say shoot at the anti-christ.... the bullitt would curve around them....
And if anyone thinks these prophecies are dangerous, they need to refuse to be a victim of this worlds lies
edit on 12-9-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by warriorscholar81

I think personally that biblical prophecy is extremely dangerous for that reason.. much of the nonsense in the world is motivated by religion and many hardcore believers are creating a self fulfilling prophecy by literally acting out what they believe is due based on scripture, so they are MAKING it happen.. especially dangerous when you have devout politicians who think they are working for God.. it leads to carelessness ..
edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
not a big fan of Bill but I think he nailed it in his final speech here..

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Is the Bible true?
or simply a fabricated opinion with coincidences...

well god does work in mysterious ways.
and fish rained down upon them
then the water turned red

All things that have been shown to happen today,. but by reason of educated explanation
from educated people.. not a mythical unseen force explained as "GOD"

I prefer Nastrodamus as a prophet,
at least his writtings were not Re written over and over to make corrections by those that felt
it needed tweeking for their liking
edit on 12-9-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

It is dangerous in the hands of those who claim christianity but do not truly understand let alone follow the true message.

"Ye hypocrites, well did E-sa'-ias prophesy of you saying, this people draweth nigh unto me with their MOUTH, and honoureth me with their LIPS; but their HEART is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for DOCTRINES the commandments of me" (Matthew 15: 7,8,9) Quoted from Christ. In a nutshell if you talk the talk but don't walk the walk then it don't mean squat.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I used to like Bill but now I realize he is nothing but a sock puppet shill. Still a very articulate and intelligent guy though.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Cool post OP, I wish all christians were like you. Myself I think I can't be considered a christian although I'm a huge admirer of Jesus, but also of other great souls like Budha, Babaji, Krishna and others who sacrificed their lifetime so humankind could be made a bit less ignorant.

I do believe the bible prophecies might come to be, as for some reason they "feel" right for lack of a better word, and also because they more or less match other predictions I've either read or have been told about. I have a feeling the fulfillment of these prophecies is almost upon us and I'm not even going to say that we'll see the signs preceding them soon enough because those signs have been around for a while already.

I welcome whatever changes may come because I'm not sure Earth in its current state is the best classroom for many of us anymore.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It is true, the bible was written by man and many times over. That being said it is certainly prone to some inaccuracies. That is not the point though, I focus more on the direct words of Christ hence being a Christian. As I previously stated even a non-believer would have a hard time pointing out any immorality in Christ himself.

Which is exactly the point that a TRUE Christian should and would strive to emulate Christ not matthew, luke, john or the old or new testament but Christ regardless if he is a fictional character or not.

You are certainly entitled to your opinon as I am entitled not to agree with, with all due respect you will not sway me and I will not judge you.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yes OP I do believe the Holy Bible and believe everything will be fullfilled.

I continue to pray for those that do not know our God and don't have a personal relationship with the all powerful one.

Shalom

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

warriorscholar81

I used to like Bill but now I realize he is nothing but a sock puppet shill. Still a very articulate and intelligent guy though.

He's pretentious and arrogant.. the point was I agreed with his view on this segment.. and still do

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny777

Thank you for the kind words, I also respect the teachings of Budha, Krishna is hindu if Im not mistaken which is similar to Budhaism correct?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

dizziedame
Yes OP I do believe the Holy Bible and believe everything will be fullfilled.

I continue to pray for those that do not know our God and don't have a personal relationship with the all powerful one.

Shalom

Which is why I have no part in this thread and will bow out ..

My biggest concern remains that the very devout people will lead us to destruction simply because they are following their orders from scripture.. that is horrific.. but we also see this see in radical islam ( not normal islam ) .. radicalism is death.. Christianity is no different in that it advocates death and destruction for it's end-game.. what nonsense is that? I look forward to the day that rationalism wins over extremism...
edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Anyway, on to my point which is if (and I personally believe it is) biblical prophecy is correct then there is not really much any of us can do to actually stop what is inevitably coming.
No.(on the 'inevitability' thing)
There is no proof that any of the so-called Old Testament prophecies were written before the things supposedly prophesied happened.
The same sort of thing holds true for the New Testament, where the prophecies quoted by Jesus had already happened by the time that the gospels that recorded them were written.
There is no place in the New Testament that says there are any unfulfilled Old Testament prophecies that still have to be fulfilled at some future point.
edit on 12-9-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

See, I have nothing against people believing whatever they want to believe, but how is this guy different from fanatic religious types as he passionately tries to shove his atheistic ideas down other people's throats?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

That was awesome, thanks for linking. Not a fan of television and Bill lives there so I would have missed that most likely.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

A friendly challenge for you, Find one instance where Christ is directly quoted as saying something encouraging immorality. If and you won't find that instance convince me why it would be a bad thing to try to be like a guy who has only ever said positive things that if we all followed the world would be a better place. Whether he was fictional or not the message doesn't change.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Deny777

See, I have nothing against people believing whatever they want to believe, but how is this guy different from fanatic religious types as he passionately tries to shove his atheistic ideas down other people's throats?

It's all dangerous.. ultimately we have to accept our society that we live in .. popular vote.. the problem is with religion is it imposes a death sentence if you don't and it actively encourages you to impose your beliefs on others.. and in the case of extremist beliefs.. kill the non believers.. I have no problem with religion .. I think it can co-exist with non-believers.. but there's the violent sects that firmly believe non-believers are a plague.. not only them, but anyone who does not believe what they believe.. arrogance x 100,000% at least

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

How has anything I have said leading anyone to destruction? So your saying the path to destruction is being kind to people and not being judgemental? Call me simple but I do not understand.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

warriorscholar81
reply to post by Deny777

Thank you for the kind words, I also respect the teachings of Budha, Krishna is hindu if Im not mistaken which is similar to Budhaism correct?

I am more familiar with some of the Yoga lineages from India (Kryia and Siddha) than Hinduism actually, but as far as I know yes, you are correct. Studying the lives and teachings of enlightened beings is truly fascinating, I can never have enough

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join