It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Background image url cut off in "account" settings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was trying to set up a background image for my mini-profile so I uploaded the image, copied the direct link and pasted it into the "mini-profile background image:" field.

The full URL fits, but after I submit and the page reloads .. it's cut off the last bit of the URL.

Before I submit, the field has:
files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/id52321e9f.jpg

After I submit, the field truncates it to:
files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/id52321e

Note: I removed http from the front so it wouldn't be a link.

Anyone else experiencing this? .. I tried searching but didn't see any relevant responses.

Is this an issue with the new beta layout?

I have to leave for home so I won't be able to see replies for about a half hour.. Also, mods if you need to move this please do.

Thanks in advance!
edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: got rid of http so they wouldn't show as links

edit on 9/12/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

And I have followed the steps I saw for the new template, so I have the transparent gif/png uploaded and ready as well.. but there definitely seems to be a glitch in the matrix since it's cutting off the url.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Same thing happend to me. I fixed it by going to upload clicking your background image and at the top of the image are some icons. click on the box icon it will save it as your background image.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

Ah ok let me give that a go .. thanks in advance if it works =)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That did it! thank you VERY much..

Useful tip, I'm sure others are having that issue.. hopefully a mod reads this thread and passes it on to whomever can fix it.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I think there are still a few css container bugs cutting off content. Both for what you describe and the images and post content.

We need resizable postcontainers. so we can drag them out to fit the width of the screen, or shrink it, or lengthen it, or whatever.

It would resolve that issue, as it is now I have to reload the page.

And people are complaining about the waste of screen real estate with the unused portions.

I recall a firefox plugin for allowing reisable containers.. wonder if thatmight help in the interim..

Did you try also, right clicking on an image and opening in new tab? you could copy the entire url that way.. it's how I always copy them.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

It's an odd bug. I spent way to long trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. That one field clips whatever you paste into it. I just got lucky when I decided to just play around and check everything out. I'm glad I could help out.

BTW.. I have only tried this with Ubuntu with Chromium. NOT chrome.

I'm just glad I was able to help.
edit on 9/12/2013 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

P.S. Just to rant @#$@#$! We have an info button can we not expand it to give info on how to setup or use the site with that damn ( i ).... Make it a boat load of icons on how to use and navigate the site other than what is now. Make the current options blue and the rest red or whatever... Anyone coming here or already registered are confused as hell on how to use the site.
edit on 9/12/2013 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Speaking as a veteran php programmer..

CSS wouldn't do this.. CSS is all about visuals.. pretty sure it's a code issue, I initially thought it could even be that the database field had a length value that was too short but the fact that I can go to the upload manager and set it proves that to be not the case.

It seems like it has to be code related..

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

madmangunradio

It's an odd bug. I spent way to long trying to figure out what I was doing wrong. That one field clips whatever you paste into it.

Well that's the thing.. it doesn't clip when you paste into it, the whole URL is in there if you scroll to the right.. that eliminates css/html as the culprit .. it's after you submit and the page reloads the values into those fields.. so something is clipping it after you submit.

I really wish a mod would chime in.. perhaps if I start violating the TOS they will pop in
jk

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Flag this post if you would.. hopefully someone will notice this.. I'm going to link to this thread in my sig
edit on 9/13/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join