It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria and why?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Syria has been going on for some time now and a lot of us still don't know why. I'd like to open this thread up to try and condense all that we have learned over the past days, months and years. I would like to know why YOU believe we are in Syria. Why do I ask? Because we all have idea's and some times if not a lot of the times we think our idea is correct so we don't challenge it. Well I for one like to be challenged. I want to know the truth but it's not always obvious. Could we work on condensing our idea's and hopefully put this in the proper perspective... or at the very least figure out which possibilities are most probable.

I am a huge fan of blaming a global elite but I can't say I have a close idea let alone an idea in itself. I just want to know the truth and if you guys write how you feel about it, it might bring up a ton of good points. Help me progress as a person, please.
edit on 12-9-2013 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

After all the pieces fit into this puzzling menagerie,

the picture will reveal politicians campaigning for the soul-ownership of our world's resources.

Why else are they meddling in other nations' business? Because money is what makes the world go around.

Soul, and sole...ponder that for a moment.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why *WE* are in Syria? As in, the United States specifically as opposed to the other factions? I think each has their own set of priorities which may or may not have anything in common with each other one.

Why we are though? Power... Hegemony...and of course, the Caspian Sea. The Wet Dream, Holy Grail and Ultimate Promise Land for every oil and energy company on Earth. Why? Because it's denied. Closed off..and a real pain in the butt to get stuff out of.

yet...If you check the Petro land/lease and pipeline maps held at both CIA and the Library of Congress? You'll see many familiar names up in that Sea. Many Western Oil company names. If they don't have top name on a lease, they're secondary parties.

Right now? It all flows out through Turkey and Turks aren't real generous about fees, I'll just bet. They hold a monopoly.

With Syria down and Iran next? That near limitless Sea of energy can flow to the Gulf or across the Pipeline agreed for final construction to begin last year between Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. Someone earlier posted a thread on it and I'd SO glad to see someone else pick up on it, at last.

It's what it's always about though. Money and Power. All that changes is who the power is for and who intends to make the money.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

For the same reasons that the US has been overthrowing and invading nations since the early part of the century: money and power.

Its also about israel's security. Because of their incredible influence and control over our government, the US has been fighting their wars for them and they're not shy about admitting it:

"We are benefiting from one thing, and that is the attack on the Twin Towers and Pentagon, and the American struggle in Iraq," Ma'ariv quoted the former prime minister as saying.

This allows them to claim that they should not be the target of any retaliation since they are not directly involved.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

wrabbit2000

With Syria down and Iran next? That near limitless Sea of energy can flow to the Gulf or across the Pipeline agreed for final construction to begin last year between Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. Someone earlier posted a thread on it and I'd SO glad to see someone else pick up on it, at last.

It's what it's always about though. Money and Power. All that changes is who the power is for and who intends to make the money.

You can check it out some pieces of the puzzle here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Indeed... I almost posted on your thread but figured I wouldn't do anything to distract from your point. It's a story I've been working a bit on a back burner for over a year now. It's a very interesting combination of 'strange bed fellows' and pure unmitigated greed and hubris. Who would ever have imagined...Iraq and Iran would actually make formal agreements like this? Not Washington, I'll bet...and it's a little sign to what I think is a BIG BIG truth our side is too dumb to get. In that region, there is 'inside' and there is 'outside'. We're outsiders and always always will be. No matter our money, toys, force or threats. Those living there will always be closer and bonded in ways we can't, apparently, begin to comprehend for how policy is made.

yet.. we keep playing like the Middle East is Europe or some stupid thing and every little country can be peeled off into isolation for policy and negotiating. It'd be amusing if I wasn't American and knowing the failures will be what we all live with here.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

top topics

join