It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: The CIA has begun delivering weapons to rebels in Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Actually, they have been sending weapons over for about a year now,
Arms Airlift to Syria Rebels Expands, With Aid From C.I.A.

With help from the C.I.A., Arab governments and Turkey have sharply increased their military aid to Syria’s opposition fighters in recent months, expanding a secret airlift of arms and equipment for the uprising against President Bashar al-Assad, according to air traffic data, interviews with officials in several countries and the accounts of rebel commanders.

The airlift, which began on a small scale in early 2012 and continued intermittently through last fall, expanded into a steady and much heavier flow late last year, the data shows. It has grown to include more than 160 military cargo flights by Jordanian, Saudi and Qatari military-style cargo planes landing at Esenboga Airport near Ankara, and, to a lesser degree, at other Turkish and Jordanian airports.

Nothing new for the C.I.A..
They have been doing this style of thing since the Iran-contra affair in the 80s. The Reagan administration aided the contras, who were conducting a guerrilla war against the leftist Sandinista government of Nicaragua. At the same time, pacifing the "moderates" within the Iranian government in order to secure the release of American hostages held by pro-Iranian groups in Lebanon at the time, and to influence Iranian foreign policy in a pro-Western direction.

That's how "TPTB" operate, they fuel the fire on both sides. Always have, always will.

edit on 12-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

superman2012
Who exactly are the rebels?
Anyone know how reliable this source is?
Link

Half of the rebels are Islamist terrorists, not 15% as the liars on TV tell you. They are the best fighters and get the best weapons from Qatar, Saudi Arabia, etc. The Islamists and moderates hold separate territories. The Islamists have captured military bases and the equipment in those bases, tanks, mortars, and chemical weapons. There have been several battles between moderates and Islamists. The Islamists terrorize the territory they control. They kill Christians and Jews. Bashar al Assad and the ruling party are a Shiite minority. All the minorities (Shia, Kurds, Christians, Jews, etc.) support Assad because the Sunnis behead them.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

While this doesn't surprise me, what does surprise me is this info released to the public. Seems hinky hinky. Looks like another proxy war (Viet Nam)...let's hope not. Regardless, maybe the rebels will trade their crappy AK-47's for some nice M-4's!

Haven't we learned enough how bad it is to get involved in somebody else's civil war?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

Adal that 50% may be a conservative figure.
I've actually heard that Al Quaida (spll whatever) could be targetted when Syria fails to live up to their promises...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join