It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOP Democratic Operative : "80% of democrats have no clue, just like a herd of cows"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I think it goes with the message often repeated here on ATS, that party politics is a game of who can B.S. the best, a game of psychology. Which party can brainwash the fastest and with most efficiency.

Note: It was brought up that the quote was traced back to ThinkExist.com, a quotation archive, and the references stopped there.

A TOP democratic consultant, who managed Bill Clinton's campaigns, confirmed what most of us were already thinking.

mikesright.wordpress.com...

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That’s why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don’t have a clue as to political reality.

edit on 11-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Wed Sep 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: shortened quote, and used EX tags

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I guessed correctly. He was the first person that came to mind when I read the blurb. I heard most of it in his voice!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

That blog post was written in October of 2012, are there any sources for it other than a blog site?

Where did he say it? When? and to whom?

Don't get me wrong here, I believe that that may be what Carville actually thinks of the Democrat base, but whether he'd be stupid enough to actually broadcast it is another matter.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Every group is like this.

You have the "useful idiot" types who actually have sincere ideals but are ignorant or foolish enough to believe somebody above them cares. You have the politically expedient types who take a look at any homogenized body and figure 90% of the job has been done for them so they creep in, say all the right things to get the useful idiots clapping and cheering then float to the top of the heap. Then you have the economically expedient types who also have 90% of their job done for them who simply cater a product to that homogenized body knowing that most of them if not all of them will gladly pay up to suckle from the teat of choir preaching.

This is true of all groups. Whether it's the Dems, Reps, Libertarians, car mechanics, teachers, protestants, Catholics, Muslims, hipsters, emo kids, hip-hop fans, postal workers, AARP, NRA, whatever the group. This dynamic is a constant.

The way I figure it you're lucky if 10% of any group has both the ideals that group allegedly stands for and the wherewithal to stay on track and not be suckered into some pocket for the political or financial gain of an individual or group of individuals.

Good on Jimmy for being honest about it. Finally. I'm guessing he sees his ability to gain either politically or financially from the great charade of American politics is nearing an end.

ETA: Snopes says it's false: snopes However I stand by my analysis of groups.
edit on 11-9-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running.

Well finally the Democrats have an answer to their dilemmas and confusion.

With all the Obama opposite effects over the past few years, it's no wonder they've had trouble deciding which double standards to support and comply with.

Even the intelligentsia in Hollywood has been 'subtly silent' lately.

I'm glad this awakening takes some pressure off their minds.

The poor things were starting to get restless.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

" Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you’re smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That’s why I’m a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to.”

You know , that reminds me of the People Behind Obama on T.V. when he was running for President . Every Word he spoke during a Speech they would all clap and cheer in Unison . If you looked at them Close enough , you could see the phrase " I Haven't Got a Freakin' Clue, Please Tell Me What To Do Papa Obama " written on their Foreheads ...They are All Sheeple being led to the Slaughter Now , the Poor Smucks.....

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Wow, that's pretty harsh. That said I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally seems to me that anyone who falls for the fake US 2 party system is being led by the nose.

Honestly I've no idea if the statements made are true or not. The dems all squawk on command but the reps are so disorganized they're like a confused herd of chickens. We could test this on ATS maybe. Let's make two new threads:

1st thread - America Won't Survive without Gun Control
2nd thread - America Needs MORE Entitlement Programs

Then we count the screams, yells and curses from each thread (pro and con.)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I tracked it back through an Amazon.com discussion page to a Yahoo Voices discussion and finally to their ultimate source Think Exist which is supposedly a webpage that makes finding quotes easy.

Unfortunately, they don't say when or where he said that or provide any links to verify that he actually ever said that. I don't know how reliable Think Exist is so it all depends on how credible you believe they are.

edit on 9/11/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

FortAnthem
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

I tracked it back through an Amazon.com discussion page to a Yahoo Voices discussion and finally to their ultimate source Think Exist which is supposedly a webpage that makes finding quotes easy.

Unfortunately, they don't say when or where he said that or provide any links to verify that he actually ever said that. I don't know how reliable Think Exist is so it all depends on how credible you believe they are.

edit on 9/11/13 by FortAnthem because:

Same here, no credible sources. I wouldn't put it past a guy like Carville to say something like that, but I'd like at least a little citation on it.

new topics

top topics

join