It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 GMO Foods Likely in Your Multi-Vitamins

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
They have sold out - our health foods are now cheap and nasty.

Link
naturalsociety.com...

Make some noise - ask the manufactures to source non GMO soy, there is even GMO corn in your ascorbic acid – your vitamin C is genetically modified.

It is a long road back America

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Peter Brake

Can you please link something from the article.

GMO's are every where. It's becoming more and more difficult to get away from them 100% esp in the states.
edit on 9/11/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Am I going to die or get sick because of this?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

1. GM Corn in the form of Ascorbic Acid or Vitamin C & Maltodextrin

Sourcing non-GMO vitamin C is almost impossible in the US since most plants that process ascorbic acid are contaminated with genetically modified corn. If that weren’t bad enough, maltodextrin, another key ingredient in vitamins used as a filler and food thickener has little to no nutritional value even when it is not genetically modified. However, most maltodextrin is sourced from GMO-corn. The makers of Now supplements openly admitted there were genetically modified soy and corn in their products:

edit on Wed Sep 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

So you are saying they are unsafe?

How many people have actually gotten sick and died....we need to put a stop to this. Give me some numbers so I can spread the word.
edit on Wed Sep 11 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Maybe - nobody knows as the products haven't been tested. The FDA is a joke and America sells this *hit to the world. More likely the people getting sick will be the ones living next to the fields growing it. Do a search there were a whole lot of pregnant Canadians whose blood tests showed the toxin that was genetically modified into the crops grown there.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

If they've been around for years I'm sure there must be lists of people who've gotten sick from these unsafe products right?

There has to be some news stories, massive outbreaks from eating contaminated food.

We need this information to convince others.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

How many? 3, 4, a 1000 people? Please link to those studies/findings I looked but couldn't find anything accredited.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Are you in America? - Take a walk to the local mall, open your eyes. Compare what you see to the pictures of thirty years ago. Are you really unaware of any problem?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

So how hard did you look? Are you into stats? Compare what we have today to what we had 20 years ago - notice anything?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Yes its brand new to me.

Please show us all these sick people and those that have died from the tainted food so I can warn my friends and family of the danger.

We must stop this.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
GMO's are untested properly so we may not know the effects for some years yet.

If you really are concerned about what you eat you shouldn't be needing supplements anyway. Eat natural veg and plenty of fruits and nuts and you'll be ok. It's quite simple really. Keep away from red meats, processed foods, foods with preservatives (really bad) and avoid GMO's as much as possible Can be pretty hard as I understand, in the US, but for the rest of us not too hard at all. Better still grow your own (still need to avoid the gmo and F1 hybrid seeds also any seeds with pesticide coatings on as it gets taken into the plants via he roots,,,,all these are labelled).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Hi Tinker

you sound very motivated and I am glad to have you aboard. Your family and friends will thank you for your efforts - eventually after they forgive you for intruding on their apathy. If this is new to you - where have you been? I am well aware that I will not convince anybody of anything, and I have been involved with this for over 15 years now.

Perhaps you could jump into researching and use me for a sounding board, not that there is many red herrings as the research completed and reported on is truly pathetic. I'm here to ask the questions because I too have spent years finding that if the testing has been done - nobody is publishing it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The problem is the pesticides are in the foods, not sprayed onto them, so you are eating the pesticides in much greater quantities. The effects will take years. That is why there have been no ongoing long term tests. People who eat them currently are the guinea pigs.

I have grown GMO food a few years back and the seeds produced (a lot dont even produce seeds) when grown, develop into mutated plants that are fit for nothing. They contaminate natural plants around them, in our case up to a mile radius. We could not grow natural heirloom plants the following year. Will never touch them again. Luckily they are all labelled here in the EU following massive outcry.

Stay well away. At least for another decade or two till we have an idea of the long term damage. Probably too late then though for a lot of people in the US. Im small holding farmer.
edit on 11-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Am I to assume that your lack of response to my question is the fact that nobody has gotten sick or died from GMO foods?

Seems kind of silly to run around raising alarms when nothing has happened. Assuming that these have been on the market since say 2000 I'd imagine there would be a few cases attributed to this problem.

How many years would it take for someone to actually get sick or die? If we are talking decades than I am just not seeing the problem you are.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This year the farmers that have been growing GMO in controlled environments have lost their crops. The bugs are now resistant to them. They have more damage by bugs than those of us that use no pesticides at all and grow heirloom, we have had much greater yields than the GMO's too in previous years. It's all a con!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach

Am I to assume that your lack of response to my question is the fact that nobody has gotten sick or died from GMO foods?

Seems kind of silly to run around raising alarms when nothing has happened. Assuming that these have been on the market since say 2000 I'd imagine there would be a few cases attributed to this problem.

How many years would it take for someone to actually get sick or die? If we are talking decades than I am just not seeing the problem you are.

Cancer will take longer than that. Give it another 20 years and we'll see people developing tumors at 30 to 40 years old. If you dont see that as a possible problem....eat away and help destroy our natural food supply.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Tinkerpeach

I hate to butt in on this conversation but.

Plant-incorporated protectants (PIPs) are plants that have had genes inserted causing the plants to produce a pesticide inside its own tissues. When plants are genetically modified to produce pesticides in this manner, they are are regulated as pesticides by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). When plant genes are modified to make the plants tolerate certain herbicides, they are not regulated as pesticides.

npic.orst.edu...

I don't think eating pesticides is good for the body.. And like it has been stated, nobody knows the long term effects, because there are no tests being conducted. And if they are, it's probably funded by Monsanto or the government.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I notice a lot of things can you be specific? 20 years ago I didn't have a computer there weren't 500 tv stations. People seemed a lot shorter and thinner but there wasn't a McDonalds on every corner either.

Just saying look things have changed doesn't lend anything to the OP. If you can link something that backs up your OP then it would make the thread informative. Evidence is key to such things.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Im just letting you know my experience as a farmer. If you want to eat these un natural foods when we have perfectly natural foods that produce good seeds and better yields....go ahead, you be the guinea pig. All I know is the GMO corps are lying about the better yields. Most dont produce seeds. Those that do grow, into mutated plants. Also natural plants in the area get 'infected' and produce bad seeds also. This I know for a fact. The choice is yours to take. I will not participate in this experiment anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join