It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian forces responsible for Banias massacres: U.N. report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Looks like the report is in.

GENEVA (Reuters) - U.N. rights investigators have established that Syrian government forces were almost certainly responsible for two massacres last May in which up to 450 civilians were killed, a report published on Wednesday said. The report documents nine mass killings in all, attributing all but one to government forces, but said both government and rebel fighters had committed war crimes including murder, hostage-taking and shelling of civilians.

Syrian forces responsible for Banias massacres: U.N. report

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

The Banias incident was pretty horrible.

Mike

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And then Obama says;

Bomb 'em !! Bomb 'em !!

Attack !! Attack !!

Kill

Mame

But let's make sure we use 'Legal' weapons !!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Is this the report for the latest attack in August?

It seems to indicate it is over attacks in May, although it does mention the hand over deal to avoid strikes.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

were almost certainly responsible...
Reasonable grounds to believe...
acknowledged that the perpetrators were government loyalists...
received allegations of chemical weapons use, "predominantly by government forces"...

I don't know what to believe, but that is not even close to proof for people that can read.

Is there a link to the report?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Can you enlighten us with an answer to a question.

According to the Geneva Convention,

WHO actually has authority to enforce when a rule is broken ?

Single Nations ?

A rule like the use of nerve gas etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Honestly, I saw few Assad's interviews and he always admitted that he used force to fight against rebels.

Now, I don't want to defend Assad in any way, but these reports makes me wonder about their goal since in a civil war it's normal that episodes like these happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Ah yes the UN if they say it must be true right? the rebels are always innocent.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

kaypacha
Honestly, I saw few Assad's interviews and he always admitted that he used force to fight against rebels.

Now, I don't want to defend Assad in any way, but these reports makes me wonder about their goal since in a civil war it's normal that episodes like these happen.

but these reports makes me wonder about their goal since in a civil war it's normal that episodes like these happen.

Here's a suggestion lets ask all the innocent, brave Islamist Free Syrian Army soldiers whom attacked an Christian village in Damascus recently shall? lets ask them if they are moderates.

The rebels are not moderates.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

edit on 11-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Dunno how much credible is this leak on UN report, but here you are:

www.dailymail.co.uk... icle-2418462/UN-report-point-finger-Assad-regime-huge-chemical-attack.html

No tangible proofs, but many clues points to Assad as responsible of chemical attacks.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Did we not respond to this one due to "all but one" of the 9 occations being government forces"? Because there must have been a motive to not intervene on these earlier massacres.

join