It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controled Media "Islam bashing non existant"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
When sept11 happened the president of the United States of America stated that Islam was a "religion of peace". The relaity as is it seem's that the controled media has kept the stance of the president in many western countrys.

The problem here is the media is not reporting on the issue of Islam and it's links to terrorism. But the people of the nation that have come to issue and look into it come to the conclusion that Islamic terrorism is inspired by Islam and that president comment's on issue is just a clear lie on his part as mean's to maintain his relationship to the arab governements and to make sure that majority of the islamic/arab community remain at a non aggressive stance on him. This will allow him an easier ride in the middle east invasion.

I just feel that the media seem's controled and it doesn't report the issues that people are dealing with and support. But only projects the though's of the government and on what the people should think.

(begin excerpt)

THE PRESIDENT: The Secretary General and I are going to have some opening statements, only statements. First, I do want to welcome the Secretary General here. I'm grateful for your leadership at the United Nations. A while ago the United Nations Security Council made a very strong statement that we, the world, expects Saddam Hussein to disarm for the sake of peace. And the UN stepped up to its responsibilities, and I want to thank you for that, Mr. Secretary General. I appreciate your leadership.

I'm looking forward to our discussion. Of course I'll remind the Secretary General that our war against terror is a war against individuals whose hearts are full of hate. We do not fight a religion. As a matter of fact, by far, the vast majority of American citizens respect the Islamic people and the Muslim faith. After all, there are millions of peaceful-loving Muslim Americans.

Some of the comments that have been uttered about Islam do not reflect the sentiments of my government or the sentiments of most Americans. Islam, as practiced by the vast majority of people, is a peaceful religion, a religion that respects others. Ours is a country based upon tolerance, Mr. Secretary General, and we respect the faith and we welcome people of all faiths in America. And we're not going to let the war on terror or terrorists cause us to change our values.

(end excerpt)

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Bush is a very religious person, but he's not as much a fundamentalist Christian as the haters maintain. Bush believes in the need for faith, period. Faith as in, any faith is better than no faith. Better to be a Muslim than an atheist, in his view. For him, maintaining the integrity of faith in America is crucial to our society.

Bush error on Islam is due to this and one other factor: David Forte, his advisor on Islam. Mr Forte is the epitome of Western religious relativism. He speaks no Arabic, and admits that he has only 'dabbled' in Islamic jurisprudence.

And yet a man so unlearned about Islamic doctrines is given the authority to tell us people like bin Laden aren't really Muslims--or even religious at all--that Islam is strictly against terrorism. This a man who knows nothing about Islam. Forte and Bush, along with 90% of Americans have fallen prey to what I've taken to calling the Americanization of reality. It goes like this:

In America, all religions are equal; Judaism and Christianity are by and large considered to be peaceful and tolerant; Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are all religions; ergo Islam must be peaceful and tolerant too.

So when we hear bin Laden invoke Allah's name to justify his crimes, we're told that he is a false prophet, a fake.

But if you're not apt to blindly believe conventional wisdom, and you read Islamic scripture, you see that bin Laden is correct. He is a Muslim. He is not a liar.

If you take a look into Forte's background, you realize why, since he can't have possibly been chosen as an expert on Islam, he was chosen as Bush's advisor on Islam. Forte is a Constitutional lawyer. He was chosen to reassure the American Muslim community that their constitutional rights will be protected, and the best and most effective way to do this is to whitewash Islam's dark side so the rest of us can go back to sleep.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It is not possible for the media to speak truthfully about current events
How many have taken the time to read the 911 report ?
It clearly lays the reposablity of Islamic terrorism correctly at the feet of Mohammed and on the Quran
Where it belongs.
Is this reported in the media ?
DO you know this .AM I a bigot for having known this before it was published?
Im I a bigot because you dont know things?
Will you embrace ignorance and put your best guess and best hope above real documented facts .
What if your wrong.
Study Islam.

new topics

join