It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yea, I Open Carry.....Get over it already!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Yea, I Open Carry my firearm And Yea, it's a real gun. I Open Carry because I have a right to do so. I also conceal carry as I have a permit for that as well. But Open Carry sends a message, To some it says " Whos the cowboy " To some it says' Is that really needed. And for some it says " I want bother trying to rob or accost that guy, he is armed" These are the folks I want that message going out to. Tired of all the folks who ask " Is that a real gun? Sure is sweetie, why would I carry a fake gun? " Is it loaded ? Sure as hell is, an unloaded firearm is a hammer." I dont feel safe around you knowing you have a gun"... I dont feel safe around you knowing you dont have a gun. " Have you ever had to use that gun'? Yes I have.

Why do have it on you in Walmart? Because I can, and all the robberies that take place in the parking lots. Ive been stop by store managers telling me I cant enter with a firearm. I walk them to the front of their store and ask for them to SHOW me the signage that states ? NO WEAPONS ALLOWED. without the signage, I simply ignore them and continue to shop. Why ? Because I can. I have that right. Are you paranoid or something? I always answer " Or something". Because I OPEN CARRY does not give you the right to hurl remarks at me about me being armed. Each and every day some one is a victim of a crime, every second another person falls prey to a robbery, mugging, rape, kidnap ETC ETC. I simply dont want to be in that statistic. Then I ask some questions of my own.

Have you ever been robbed? Ever had your door kicked-in in the middle of the night with an armed intruder standing INSIDE your home? Ever, had to shoot that armed intruder? Ever have to live with the fact you took anothers life while in the process of saving your own? I get a hell of alot of NO's to those questions. I let em know I can answer YES to them all. That is WHY I OPEN CARRY. So when you see that guy'girl who have a firearm strapped to their side...cut em some slack. The life they save with that gun could be yours. Or just being around that person could have already stopped a thug from acting out. That's why I OPEN CARRY. Most LE will tell you straight up. The dont fear the man standing over there with a gun , in a holster, strapped to a hip. Because they KNOW what he's up too. They will tell you it's the two standing over there milling around behind a car with a possible gun in the waistband that they fear more.

So, when you see me out & about with my firearm....Please leave the questions at home. I dont walk up and ask you why the hell you wearing a purple shirt with bright green pants.... So dont ask me about my firearm. Until my right to OPEN CARRY is taken away. Armed I will be.....everywhere I go. PLEASE SUPPORT OPEN CARRY. THANKS and end of rant.

edit on 11-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Damn straight my friend!

I loved the guys who went around to the houses of the jerks who released gun owners names and addresses and asked them to put "gun-free zone" signs on their front lawns. They all said "that is like inviting criminals into our homes, no thanks".

Nice avatar!

edit on 11-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Yea, I Open Carry my firearm And Yea, it's a real gun.

So you open carry your constitutionally insured penis enlargement (and yes I would be more than happy to say to you in person)

What possible reason could you have for wanting to do that other than to intimidate people, you might want to paint it however you want but really

your just being a jerk.

you are only intimidating mums taking their kids to school and old folk doing their shopping and the rest of us just look at your constitutional penis enlargement and think....

yeah you get the idea.

oh and before you ask, no I do not want to "take your guns" nor am i a liberal, living in fear, anti-gun or any of that kind of stuff.

I am just against you acting like a big child with a big shiny gun to show us all what a big boy you really are.

its really quite sad.

ohhh and if i wanted to rob you, if i really wanted to, i would see your gun then I would sneak up behind you and shot in the back of the head, your big shiny gun would not protect you from that.
edit on 11-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

greencmp

Damn straight my friend!

I loved the guys who went around to the houses of the jerks who released gun owners names and addresses and asked them to put "gun-free zone" signs on their front lawns. They all said "that is like inviting criminals into our homes, no thanks".

Nice avatar!

Right back at you on that avatar!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

You are somewhat right here (despite your lack of understanding on the subject).

What we need is a national concealed carry law so that everyone is a potential armed defender of everyone else. That way you don't have to carry if you don't want to.

The more law-abiding you appear, the more threatening you are to would be criminals.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I expect pompass stuff from the Brits.....It's what you do best.Bitch and complain about what you dont have. Rights. Now you saying in your own words you would shot me in the head. For what reason? This is another reason WHY I OPEN CARRY. Crazy folks like yourself. Oh I dont need a gun to make my penis bigger, good genes and awesome DNA took care of that for me. I also use it to beat folks with when I run out of bullets. SARCASM GOTTA LOVE IT.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You know, I missed that veiled threat at the end of his tirade, thanks for pointing it out.

I am so used to those absurd hysterical rants, I just address the facts presented (if there are any).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The law is the law. You have your right to carry it, I say go for it.
Personally I would chose not to, even if given that right.

Either way - you can complain all you want. But people will still question your choices. I don't understand why this bothers you so much, when you clearly are aware that carrying a firearm is the result of you experiences in life, and hence not common sense.

It's called freedom of speech - get over it.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I expect pompass stuff from the Brits

Now were exactly did I make a statement like that about "gun-nut Americans", yet you open with the "pompass Brits" line.

It's what you do best.Bitch and complain about what you dont have

I respect and support the Second Amendment of the American Constitution, however I would hate, and I mean hate, to live in a country where everyone owns a gun and some of them are irresponsible enough to open carry.

Rights.

I have rights, just like you have rights, if i really wanted to i could legally own a range of firearms in the UK. Rights are not exclusively for Americans.

Now you saying in your own words you would shot me in the head. For what reason?

You know and I know that's not what i meant, I was not threatening you, I was saying that if i was of the criminal persuasion and i wanted to mug you and saw you had a gun. to achieve my mugging I would simply shoot you in the back of the head when you were not looking.

This is another reason WHY I OPEN CARRY. Crazy folks like yourself.

I am crazy?

why?

Because i think your being a bit of a jerk for open carrying

I dont think so

In fact I think your who counter post to mine really needs some work.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mads1987

Ive OPEN CARRIED since I was 21 years old. Prior to any acts of which I used my firearm. Prior to being robbed, prior to having my home invaded and taking anothers life. I have always OPEN CARRIED. I conceal carry when needed. Movies, any function with kids. I would rather send a message than become a statistic.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Wow, pretty harsh!
Have you every been over here to America? I would welcome you into my home. I would also love to introduce you to all of my friends, that are concealed weapons carriers. Problem with your statement, and me doing that, is that many of them are women. No penises involved. They aren't macho, don't want to be men, and many are mothers.
Myself, as a woman, and a mom, are not intimidated in any way by a person carrying a weapon on their side, in fact, I feel safer when I see it out in public. I know that person has had the training and isn't out to do me harm.
If you don't want to carry a gun, or even don't like them, hey that's fine.
But you really shouldn't label people that do.
Or even speak for others, when you may not be correct in doing so.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
As a Texas CHL myself, I'm completely attuned to your position. Unfortunately, as a CHL, I would lose my license by engaging in open carry - at least that's what the law (state statute) states and is taught in CHL classes.
Since you're a CHL holder yourself, I've got to wonder what state you live in that allows you to open carry?

As for me, I'm a constant-carry type of guy albeit concealed (except on my own property where it's open carry even in the bathroom).

ganjoa

link   

You live in Britian I live in the states. This has zero to do with you. I mean absolute zero. You chimed in....I chimed back. You have your stance, I have mine. You can think what you like about me. It's like water off a frogs back. It dont stick. Pompass is my best word to use for folks like you. As in i cant use profanity on ATS.

link   
I open carry and certainly respect your right to do so too.

You should consider engaging those that question you with a polite, informative discussion. A lot of folks are ignorant about our rights or see us as merely making a political statement. It can be a good time to educate folks. Carry on.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

openyourmind1262

I would rather send a message than become a statistic.

Spare me the rhetoric. I would rather eat a cake than become a statistic - that doesn't mean the two exclude each other. There are plenty of depressing statistics out there you can be included in when carrying a firearm - and even a few you can only be included in when carrying a firearm.

I don't get why you are complaining about this. People have a right to question your actions and the motives for these. If you don't like it, to bad, welcome to life. If you want them to stop, well, then you're a fascist.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You live in Britian I live in the states. This has zero to do with you

You seem to have a real problem with me being British, so what?

you mean only a American can post in this thread and that as a "Pompass Brit" I should not voice my opinion of what I see as a unnecessary action on your part.

I mean absolute zero. You chimed in....I chimed back.

yeah i got that and i noticed

You can think what you like about me. It's like water off a frogs back. It dont stick

Hey am sure your a very nice guy, you just like your guns and thats fine

What I am saying is that you should not be walking around openly carrying a weapon, it intimidates others, you are probably eyed up by the cops whenever you leave the house and its just pointless.

Why not conceal?

Pompass is my best word to use for folks like you.As in i cant use profanity on ATS.

Why does your vocabulary not expand much further with out using profanity?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Your right.It's freedom of speech. Not freedom to offend with your speech.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

openyourmind1262

Your right.It's freedom of speech. Not freedom to offend with your speech.

does that extend then to you calling me a "pompass brit" ?

just checking

because there seem to be done double stands hear

its ok for you to rant about how its grate for you to open carry but not ok for me to say its wrong
edit on 11-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

UNKNOWN AUTHOR
To be offended by what someone else says is your own choice, as you don't have to care about what other people think, and nothing has actually happened to you. Information merely passed from their minds to yours.

To state that you are offended means that you wish the person hadn't said it and won't say anything similar again. In other words, you actually want to stop certain information from being communicated. You must believe that you have some sort of right to dictate not only what people can and can't communicate, but what they can and can't think.

To be offended is to take the first step in being a totalitarian megalomaniac.

People who feel offended tend to be fascists Imo.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Did you not read the part about how LEO feel about OPEN CARRY. I apologise for the Pompass remark. It was uncalled for. As in the response from a Brit about am American issue...uncalled for. Do you pay taxes in my country? No. Do you vote in my country? No. Your a shill...your avatar even displays this fact. Want even respond with you any more. I digress that you are by far the superior human as in you dont hurl insults and your unarmed. I on the other hand am armed to the teeth. And will stay that way till I die. Plus I have that good DNA.Gotta go to work now, need that bullet money.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join