It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists claim to have found evidence of ALIEN LIFE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Murgatroid
If it's in the MSM, it has an agenda behind it...

Here is a fact that you will NEVER see in the mainstream media:

Aliens and UFOs are NOT what they appear to be.

I don't believe a WORD science says any more than I believe a single word the MSM says.

They have BOTH been turned into mass mind control tools.

Just like the below quote says, our preconceptions are blinding most of us to reality.

Why should we believe you?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Dang True American, you do bring some cool threads to ATS.
This is very very very interesting indeed. So maybe there are
bigger blobs & amoebas as well as the tiny ones....floating....waiting.....

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Murgatroid
If it's in the MSM, it has an agenda behind it...

Here is a fact that you will NEVER see in the mainstream media:

Aliens and UFOs are NOT what they appear to be.

I don't believe a WORD science says any more than I believe a single word the MSM says.

They have BOTH been turned into mass mind control tools.

Just like the below quote says, our preconceptions are blinding most of us to reality.

How do you ever learn anything new/unexpected if the only things you will believe are things that already agree with your pre-conceived notions?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

If true, it's scary. They say they intercepted this life form while it was falling to Earth. /potential threats for organisms on this planet/

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

TrueBrit

I am pretty sure I saw a thread on high atmosphere dwelling microbial life, that was studied by some big fancy pants scientists a month or two ago.

Well, I created this thread which seems related....is that the one?
California Meteorite Carried Rare Life Ingredient

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Does anybody have a primary source on this claim, preferably a peer-reviewed on?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I'm not the least bit surprised that Chandra Wickramasinghe is behind this experiment, being as how he was the fellow that investigated the 'Blood Rain' that fell in India and found cells that replicated without DNA.

He's a big proponent of Panspermia, possibly the most outspoken proponent.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If true, could this be the smoking gun that life on earth came from outer space? I have always suspected this, as a much more viable solution to the ever present question.

All life comes from space.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Rodinus

TheLotLizard
I believe life is everywhere. Not as the way most people would think it.

Its just we have to look in ways we never thought before.

THAT... TheLotLizard is a very logical way of putting it
(blummin hate these new Emoticons) *hint hint again to SO!?)

This is called denying ignorance and taking the blinkers of ones eyes.

By the way, any chance of you changing your avatar as the one you currently has makes me (and probably others too...) go weak at the knees and i cannot concentrate on my posting or work!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Agree that we need to look in new ways.
And as for your profile pic...keep it as you want -- we are grown ups. :|

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

sean

If true, could this be the smoking gun that life on earth came from outer space? I have always suspected this, as a much more viable solution to the ever present question.

All life comes from space.

Assuming you are being literal and not figurative...

How do you think life itself first formed in space? What were characteristics of the environment in space where life first synthesized itself?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Unlikely, they probably picked up particles from the ISS toilets, or a science school experiment that launched worms into space during that time period.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos

I'm not the least bit surprised that Chandra Wickramasinghe is behind this experiment, being as how he was the fellow that investigated the 'Blood Rain' that fell in India and found cells that replicated without DNA.

He's a big proponent of Panspermia, possibly the most outspoken proponent.

One of the things about Wickramasinghe's research into this that gives me some cause for concern is this excerpt:

[Chandra Wickramasinghe' states] 'By our current understanding of the means by which such particles can be transferred from Earth to the stratosphere they could not - in the absence of a violent volcanic eruption occurring within a day of the sampling event - make such a journey.

I wonder, does he have anything to back up this assertion that this algae could NOT have been transferred to the stratosphere? Are we to take his word for it, or can he provide information that explains this statement?

To say that there is no other way algae could reach the stratosphere other than it being from space is a bold statement that requires bold evidence, but he has not provided that bold evidence (at least not in the information given in the OP).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

'By our current understanding of the means by which such particles can be transferred from Earth to the stratosphere they could not - in the absence of a violent volcanic eruption occurring within a day of the sampling event - make such a journey.

This seems like a big assumption. Who says particles are not 27km above the earth all the time and from earth. Why doesn't it say that these particles are like nothing on Earth? I assume he is saying that these particles are nothing special, but because they are so high they have to be alien in nature? I think we need the crazy hair guy picture with the "Must be Aliens" text.

V

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

That's the guy! Thanks for putting in the pic.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

The falls are usually of the same organism or thing and to think a very selective breed of tornado is responsible for all those odd fish/frog/lug nut falls stretches my credibility even further than saying, "Hmm... dunno... maybe a rip in time/space that opens to a warehouse or seafood farm in a neighboring dimension."

I mean, simple water, as in rain, out of a clear sky is rare, so why do these tornadoes only suck up a school of one type of fish (that don't usually travel in schools, btw, or are unknown in many cases) and not a bunch of different fish, frogs and debris? See W. Corliss and C. Fort for oodles of these.

That's just me, though... tornadoes make more sense than many of the alternative explanations for fish-falls I've heard, but that doesn't mean it makes much sense.

And as far as the thread topic... Andromeda Strain anyone? Anyone?
edit on 9/11/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

It is strange how everything works there is so much we don't know. Everything literally derived from space dust. You break everything down it all comes down to the same particles. However we live in the sweet spot for all this to thrive and I believe there is more to it. If Mars was in place of Earth it too would probably have life on it. Then there is that nagging question that comes into mind of a god & aliens. That part cannot be dismissed easily either. We eat the fruits of plants. Why does some plants feel it needs to grow thorns to protect it's fruit? It's as if it was designed with that knowledge and element in it's DNA purposely to offer food. Like for instance, I have a mandarin orange tree and it grows 3 inch needle point thorns. It's a deterrent against mammals eating it's fruit. Or a deterrent against lower intelligent mammals eating it's fruit. In any case is that not a sign of intelligent design?? What does a plant know of mammals? There is a awful lot of unexplained there.

Look at the human body, everything about our flesh body is a tool. Our heart, lungs, blood, brain, hands, feet everything that makes up your body is tool used to do a specific thing. That is of deign my friend. We're are not of flesh we are of a spirit animating a body of flesh. We've only forgotten from whence we came. When you sit back and ponder at all this stuff as a whole, there is just to many convenient coincidences. Like I have always said, when there is so many coincidences like this it is no longer a coincidence. We're here with a purpose. We need to acknowledge who we truly are and where we truly come from. To explore and claim our rightful place in this Universe. We are of immortal Gods & energy is eternal, but people want to continue to believe that we're just a box of ash after we die.

edit on 11-9-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

sean
...Why does some plants feel it needs to grow thorns to protect it's fruit? It's as if it was designed with that knowledge ...

Some plant had a mutation that caused bumps to form on its branches. This random mutation ended up helping the plant, because those bumps helped keep some predators away. This plants with the bump mutation and it's offspring lived longer due to this mutation, and became more successful because of it (hence creating more offspring than the non-bump plants).

Over time, additional random mutations allowed these bumps to be more pronounced and pointy, even giving that plant with that particular pointy bump random mutation of its genes even MORE protection from predators, making it even MORE successful, which led to those pointed bumpy plants surviving longer and having even MORE offspring than the plants without the pointy bump mutation.

More time passes, and a random mutation occurs that makes those pointy bumps into something we would call thorns. The plant with that torn mutation in its DNA is protected even better than the plants without the torn mutation, and it is more successful and has more thorny offspring than the non-thorny version of that plant.

Pretty soon, the thorn-version of the plant is all that is left.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I got to agree with posters, about it still possibly being from Earth, just little things hanging around up in the stratosphere, and no solid link to them actually coming from beyond Earth.
I do believe in alien life, but naturally have to question every claim, experiment, observation etc. Its interesting though, as there is something else learned about the planet.

Pretty much not taking it as fact it's 'alien', till it truly is proven. Much more experimenting yet to be done, till the theories deserve becoming fact

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

draknoir2
Why should we believe you?

Apparently Hearst was right after all...

"Lie to the people. They prefer it." ~ William Randolph Hearst

Mass media is the most powerful tool used by the ruling class to manipulate the masses. It shapes and molds opinions and attitudes and defines what is normal and acceptable.

Mind Control Theories and Techniques used by Mass Media

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join