It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends and Rivals Buttons on New ATS Interface?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's sad to see it go. I had a long list of people that had amazing threads and reply content.
Mostly, I used to use it to check in and see what other like minded members were focused on when the new & active topics hoses had nothing drawing me in.

It really would be nice to keep our lists intact but hidden for now and do something with them later once some anti-harassment controls are in place. Please consider this as the friends function, I think, is vital.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I LOVED the feature, I never took the foe thing as anything other than an opportunity to find common ground.

And to be honest, it was wonderful to be able to contact my list at the Holidays without having to go through a real hassle to send them best wishes. I would like to be able to put all of my friends names into one list, like a group email and send stuff out like rather than one at a time.
edit on 11-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would like to screen shoot the list... lest I forget...
edit on 11-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Great so basically the sucked all the fun out of stalking!

NOTE: This is just an observation and wise crack in no way do I stalk, but do know that I am stalked that is why I no longer have a Facebook account. Well that and I stopped caring about what my friends cats were doing...
edit on 11-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
We may create a return of a friend or "follow" feature -- that builds on the existing friends lists of members -- in the near future. I just need to work out a better way for it to make sense and not be a rapid-response aid to those who want to harass or troll specific members.

There were certain people I "Followed" because I either enjoyed or trusted their content. And you know if someone wishes to be a malicious troll malcontent they can always find ways. But I do see the logic in at least addressing it.
edit on 11-9-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Well , I Miss keeping Tabs on My Rivals , at Last Check , i accumulated Over 30 of them . LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I am assuming that the comments section on our profiles has
also gone the same away?

Looked, cant find it

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I took the opportunity to save the profile page when we reverted back to the old design last week. Just saved it as .mhtm

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Wish I had done that.

I am really going to miss the profile comments feature,
it was a nice personal touch to ATS.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I really liked the friend feature. I found I could add people that I found interesting and then easily see if any of them had posted new threads. Would definitely like to see this feature return. Maybe a "follow" option as previously mentioned would work, but either way I'd like it back

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bring it back.. Tis a good feature if peeps want to use it to troll peeps remove it from their ats interface...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yeah, good idea purple!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Can someone please explain what is meant by people using the feature for staking?

Is it like this:

"OMG someone added me as a foe! I'm being stalked! Better alert the staff!"

That's the only thing that makes sense, but that can't possibly be what you guys are talking about when you say people were stalking others with the foe features.

Someone please explain! Thank you!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Shot.
I 'get' the why but the fact is stalkers will stalk.

If anything just allow a static list of "Respected Members" (or some such title) - a list that is not clickable and only viewable by that user and the mods. At least until ATS can figure out how to make us 'friend' content

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Jimjolnir
reply to post by abeverage

Shot.
I 'get' the why but the fact is stalkers will stalk.

If anything just allow a static list of "Respected Members" (or some such title) - a list that is not clickable and only viewable by that user and the mods. At least until ATS can figure out how to make us 'friend' content

That's not a bad idea. Or top members of a Forum? It is hard to sort through the drivel somedays but occasionally you come across an unrecognized gem.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You add someone to your list and then basically follow their every reply/thread by clicking on their name. Sometimes the replies to them get pretty nasty.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Zaphod58

You add someone to your list and then basically follow their every reply/thread by clicking on their name. Sometimes the replies to them get pretty nasty.

Ah, I see. That makes more sense. But still doesn't explain how getting rid of friends and foes will make any difference. You can simply look at someone's profile and follow every thread and post they make, accomplishing the same thing.

Thanks for the explanation!

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You can still stalk, but it takes a little more effort now to do it. Some people don't want to put the extra effort into doing it that way, so you discourage it somewhat. A determined stalker is still going to do it, but the "I'm going to do it because you pissed me off" people will be less inclined to do it.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Dang! That feature was how I kept a list of some excellent old researchers! My really old posts were dropped from my list of posts, now the connection via old friends!!

I take back my previous complements about the new layout!

Hmpfff!

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Yep.
And too add insult to injury my personal Saved messages are gone,
and though they were there yesterday, my Thread Replies are also gone.
Oh and even worse is the de-evolution of the smileys.
the first ones (the 'matrix smileys') nobody seemed to like, then they changed to round ones and they were fitting quite nice. Maybe needed a smoothing-out of sorts.
Now they're just sickly. Bleeurgh!

The old smileys (the ones we know) would be met with a smile, were they to return.
--miss you little guys *tear* --

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join