It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama takes a victory lap!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Looks like the U.S. push for war has paid off. Russia has convinced Assad to agree to turn over chemical weapons.

Obama seizes the moment to put calls for military action on hold.

www.foxnews.com...

President Obama, in a national address originally intended to rally the country behind a strike on Syria, instead used the moment to announce he was hitting pause on military action in order to let negotiations over a Russia-backed plan run their course.

“This initiative has the potential to remove the threat of chemical weapons without the use of force,” Obama said Tuesday night.

This is a major victory for Obama, and Putin. They get to claim credit for making a difference, without ever having to put boots on the ground.

But wait for it, soon the anti-Obama crowd with be claiming about how Obama should have invaded Syria, and calling him a wimp.

edit on 10-9-2013 by poet1b because: typo

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What the Hell has Obama done for the innocent victims in Syria these past 2 years ?

NOTHING !

Victory Lap?

More like dancing in the dark.

I am waiting for his Presidential speech on killing children with drone strikes, and killing US Citizens overseas.....

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Or you could say that Obama wanted to strike Syria but didn't have the skill to make his case either to foreign governments or his own people and it was Putin who was being diplomatic and offering a peaceful resolution to the crisis.

Obama had no choice but to accept Putin's offer since his attempt to build a coalition of support failed completely.

I think this is how Obama will be remembered. Throughout this whole process, Obama has pushed for military action at every turn not offering any notion of a peaceful way out and it wasn't until Putin came along with the offer that Obama changed his tune.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I just think its funny that people still think that the president is the one actually calling the shots, this whole order was a trick to make us forget about all the scandals that the current administration are caught up in, not to mention the police state that is slowly but surly taking over. and putting a pause on attack doesn't mean that the possibility is gone. Tommarow is 9 11 expect another false flag soon.

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

You think this is a victory for Obama? LOL

He drew a red line, Putin called his bluff with warships in the region and a slap in the face to Obama's Secretary of State, then Putin pulled the rug out from under him! That's how you define victory?

The American people won today...not Obama.
edit on 10-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So what are you saying?

You think the U.S. should attack Syria?

You want U.S. troops on the ground in Syria.

That would be a terrible idea.

Why are you such a war monger?

By rattling the sword, Obama has forced Syria to agree to turn over chemical weapons, that his about as good of a victory we can expect from this mess.

edit on 10-9-2013 by poet1b because: typos

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

poet1b

Why are you such a war monger.

Is that what you think?

Read my post history before you start making ignorant statements.

I'm for pulling out all our troops we have around the World, and let these idiots do whatever they want to do.

Because......

If America does something, we are hated.

If America does nothing, we are hated.

And that's the damn truth.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

false flag in 3.. 2.. 1..

be prepared.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

This is a major victory for Obama.

Russia blinked, and put out the flag of truce.

The people who hate Obama will always hate Obama. If Obama were to end all wars for all time, the people who hate Obama would still hate Obama, and blame him for all their problems and all the problems in the world.

However, most people, who are sane, will recognize this as a great move on the part of Obama. Clearly Obama is willing to make a stand against chemical weapons, even though it made him unpopular with the people who support him, and willing to change when a peace offer is made, to avert war.

It is a major diplomatic victory for Obama.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Then you should applaud this move by Obama, to be willing to stop the call for invasion and give diplomacy a chance.

Cause your earlier post sure sounded pro-war.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If Obama does something he's hated
If Obama does nothing he's hated.
And that's the truth..on ATS.

S&F OP

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

obama said earlier this week that he has 2 weeks to "convince" the american citizens that we need to strike syria.

That says false flag all over it - and they have to out-do the twin towers falling.

There's also the debt ceiling coming up that the democrats have to go over to fund even the simple social security/entitlements/federal employees payments - they need to keep spending way beyond their limits - WAR!@!!!!

The republicans are in on it too.

We, americans, can look forward to something awful being done to us by our own gov't in the next couple weeks. Where do you live? Are you up for a nuke, of some sort?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

poet1b
reply to post by sonnny1

Then you should applaud this move by Obama, to be willing to stop the call for invasion and give diplomacy a chance.

Cause your earlier post sure sounded pro-war.

NO!

My first post showed the hypocrisy of Obama!

Obama has authorized 193 drone strikes in Pakistan – four times the amount authorized by George W. Bush. According to Global Research, over the past four years, Obama has authorized attacks in Pakistan which have killed more than 800 innocent civilians and just 22 Al-Qaeda officers.

Noor Aziz | 8 | male
Abdul Wasit | 17 | male
Noor Syed | 8 | male
Wajid Noor | 9 | male
Syed Wali Shah | 7 | male
Ayeesha | 3 | female
Qari Alamzeb | 14| male
Shoaib | 8 | male
Hayatullah KhaMohammad | 16 | male
Tariq Aziz | 16 | male
Sanaullah Jan | 17 | male
Maezol Khan | 8 | female
Nasir Khan | male
Naeem Khan | male
Naeemullah | male
Mohammad Tahir | 16 | male
Azizul Wahab | 15 | male
Fazal Wahab | 16 | male
Ziauddin | 16 | male
Mohammad Yunus | 16 | male
Fazal Hakim | 19 | male
Ilyas | 13 | male
Sohail | 7 | male
Asadullah | 9 | male
khalilullah | 9 | male
Noor Mohammad | 8 | male
Khalid | 12 | male
Saifullah | 9 | male
Mashooq Jan | 15 | male
Nawab | 17 | male
Sultanat Khan | 16 | male
Ziaur Rahman | 13 | male
Noor Mohammad | 15 | male
Mohammad Yaas Khan | 16 | male
Qari Alamzeb | 14 | male
Ziaur Rahman | 17 | male
Abdullah | 18 | male
Ikramullah Zada | 17 | male
Inayatur Rehman | 16 | male
Shahbuddin | 15 | male
Yahya Khan | 16 |male
Rahatullah |17 | male
Mohammad Salim | 11 | male
Shahjehan | 15 | male
Gul Sher Khan | 15 | male
Bakht Muneer | 14 | male
Numair | 14 | male
Mashooq Khan | 16 | male
Ihsanullah | 16 | male
Luqman | 12 | male
Jannatullah | 13 | male
Ismail | 12 | male
Taseel Khan | 18 | male
Zaheeruddin | 16 | male
Qari Ishaq | 19 | male
Jamshed Khan | 14 | male
Alam Nabi | 11 | male
Qari Abdul Karim | 19 | male
Rahmatullah | 14 | male
Abdus Samad | 17 | male
Siraj | 16 | male
Saeedullah | 17 | male
Abdul Waris | 16 | male
Darvesh | 13 | male
Ameer Said | 15 | male

A List Of Children Killed By Drone Strikes In Pakistan and Yemen

Victory Laps!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I am not calling this a victory nor would I call this a defeat but this is good news.

There is no need for US intervention and the problem is solved as far as chemical weapons go.

No extra lives lost due to our intervention on chemical weapons. They will keep fighting regardless of us being there or not that was a given but at least our soldiers will not be part of it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

So I take it you don't believe that war with Syria was actually just a stepping stone to Iran and restoring the US dollars demand ?

It was about sticking up for victims of an international crime?

Why didn't they go into Burma if that is the case?

I think it takes a lot more than a some tears and nightmares to get the US commander and chiefs attention.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Holy crap... major victory?

Major PR victory for Putin... right now the administration looks foolish. Kerry inadvertently left an opening and Putin jumped on it.

I don't know what news you have been watching (maybe MSNBC and HuffPo) but anyone who believes that they don't want to launch attacks on Syria still is delusional. Putin just threw a wrench in the gears of war. Obama cannot launch attacks now as not only the nations opinion is highly against it but now the entire world. Don't be fooled, they are looking for any excuse to execute still. Luckily Kerry was good enough to blunder an "out" and it was jumped upon by Russia to diffuse this insanity.

Hell even 90% of the HuffPo audience is against this escalation... I think this is the only topic in recent history that both the Left and the Right agree upon (the people not the politicians).

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinkerpeach

Or you can say, horrible atrocities going on in Syria, but nobody wants to wade into the mess.

Evidence of chemical weapons usage, so somebody had to do something.

Obama stood up and rattled the sabers, called for an attack on Syria, sent in the Navy, even though he knew his supporters would not be for an invasion, and those who hate him would be spraying all over themselves announcing him as the anti-Christ, which they did.

That is showing some political cajones.

Russia backs down, offers a deal, and Obama comes out looking the diplomat.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
It's all the same rhetoric, I'm sure if peace is achieved via diplomacy, Obama will declare how pressure from the U.S. is what brought upon the talks with Russia and the U.N.

If nothing is achieved he will carry through will military action "for the best interest of America and everyone else around the world" all whilst reminding us of the horrors of the nazi regime and their uses of chemical weapons.

Either way you cut the cake, this is just another opportunity for our "beloved" president to take credit for the solution to a problem he's majorly part of.

I may sound cold-hearted for stating this, however: Syria is NOT our problem. I don't know about any other Americans out there, but if we can't afford to take care of people dying and starving here, why are we worried about some other country's civil war? It's none of our business.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I won't call him a wimp for not going, I call him an idiot for even suggesting going. I'm glad cooler heads prevailed (for now) and the idiot reset his "red line". For all his huffing and puffing who would have guessed Syria had a brick house?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

sealing
If Obama does something he's hated
If Obama does nothing he's hated.
And that's the truth..on ATS.

S&F OP

I notice you never said, "If Obama does the right thing...". Too big of a leap even for his staunch supporters?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join