It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Alaskan army bases offline, Nobody knows why, Is Russia invading Alaska? (United States).

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

MrSpad
Russia invading Alsaka? Just how would they be getting there? Did the US lend them some strategic deployment assets?

They dug their way to Alaska through the North Pole which they have been trying to claim for years...

I feel like this topic is going in the trash soon. But if they were invading Alaska, it wouldn't be too bad. We might actually end up with a semi-competent president for once. hahaha!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have a friend who is active duty Army in Alaska, and we spoke twice yesterday. Nothing unusual going on at all, except for current-events-related NBC training the past week and a half or so.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

princeofpeace
LMAO. Invading through Alaska? What are US satellites not working? Is NORAD offline? Stuff likle this makes you wander why the OP even posts it.

It's getting ridiculous isn't it?
Every time someone sees something, like a bunch of military trucks, there's a thread about how something is up, how WW3 is about to start, or whatever.

What NEVER happens though, is these people NEVER do some research or make some inquiries, BEFORE posting their thread.

I used to frequent the site before joining, because of the wealth of information and knowledge shared.
Now it's mostly ridiculous nonsense like this thread.

I think they need to make a spring chicken section. When you join ATS, that's all you get access to.
You stay there till you get this sort of nonsense out of your system. When you do, you qualify for the main site.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Really?

Wow, no we are not being invaded. Actually our yearly invaders have finally gone home for the season.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Thank you for the reply. I do love the ones who just want to dismiss something and label me not very credible with a witty remark to my immaturity, bedtime, and so on. I could not find any information on this, and seeing as I don't have any friends in any bases in Alaska, I thought I would post here. If it is false, then show me, no need to be a jerk about it. This is ATS. And we have some people who think they know more than others. That's fine. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU

And yet, here you are, joining in on the mindless chatter on a post you aren't even required to respond to.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You know, I don't even enjoy being on this site anymore because it offers no respect in dialogue between us. I see something, I put it up for discussion. And instead of a mature conversation, I get idiots making jokes. Looks like this site has lost it's credibility. Ben Swann answered questions, I asked mine three times, got ignored. Looks like I will be going somewhere else to find adults to intelligently converse with. Not many here anymore...

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

mactheaxe
You know, I don't even enjoy being on this site anymore because it offers no respect in dialogue between us. I see something, I put it up for discussion. And instead of a mature conversation, I get idiots making jokes. Looks like this site has lost it's credibility. Ben Swann answered questions, I asked mine three times, got ignored. Looks like I will be going somewhere else to find adults to intelligently converse with. Not many here anymore...

I hear you on that, which is why, sadly, my visits to ATS have been less and less frequent over the last few years.

I hope you realize that my reply above was serious, I was not implying that your discussion was not a good one. It is wise to always share quandaries with others in order to elicit outside opinions and stimulate conversation.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

MrSpad
Russia invading Alsaka? Just how would they be getting there? Did the US lend them some strategic deployment assets?

You really think the Russian's lack amphibious capabilities or strategic aircraft for troop/equipment deployment?

Alaska is a hop skip and jump for them.

Not that I'm advocating that it would or could happen.
I think it's a load of crap.

But theoretically, they could.
Theoretically also the USA would respond with everything it's got if the homeland was attacked/invaded by another country.
So theoretically it's never going to happen as long as both countries maintain their status as the worlds biggest nuclear powers.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

mactheaxe

And yet, here you are, joining in on the mindless chatter on a post you aren't even required to respond to.

It's not about what we are required to respond to or not.
This is a community. An Internet discussion forum.
If people are posting utter crap, like this thread for example, without any sources, any credible evidence, nothing, just rumors and heresay, then the quality diminishes.
When I started reading ATS many years ago, it was a quality site, with an abundance of information, data, images, etc. Most of the conspiracies, or conspiracy theories that I know of, I became aware of through this site.
Since that time, people like your self have come and begun using this site as a place to dump your random thoughts and ideas.
Sharing ideas is great.

But at the very least, people need to start doing some research and at least providing some sort of source that can be checked out, or looked into further by others. At least then the thread can grow with information others dig up and provide.

If all most people are going to do these days is just post their random thoughts on things, and provide nothing for readers and other forum members to look into them selves, then this site becomes no better and just like the millions of other web sites with absolutely nothing of value or substance to offer.

Don't take it as a personal dig at you.

Do you know how many videos exist on Youtube like the two you posted? Too many to care about.
Do you know how many of them actually turn out to be factual? Not a single one.
Do you know how I can come to that conclusion so quickly? Because they all profess the end of the world, WW3, some sort of doomsday scenario, and guess what, none of it has happened.

You made the claim that 3 Army bases in Alaska are offline. How do you know? Because two crackpots on YouTube said so?
Nobody knows why those 3 bases aren't responding? Did you try and contact those bases your self?

Did it occur to you, or those two guys in the videos, that the bases may be offline because of some sort of routine drills and exercises?
Maybe there is an exercise going on where the scenario is that their communications are down, they've been cut off from the rest of the military command structure...or something similar?

And what makes you think Russia will invade Alaska all of a sudden?
Seriously now, I want to know what your thoughts are on this..why you think Russia will invade Alaska, if you are willing to share.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

You know, I understand where you come from, However, I am duly interested in the truth, fringe subjects, and mostly what you find here. The quality of the reader has diminished too. I don't see any support. I asked if anything is happening with this, credible or not? I didn't say definitely, and quite honestly, I was hoping to fall on ATS readers for help with this. Basically there are some gifted people in research here and maybe they could lend credence, or false claim to help. The quality is something that is tied to both ends. The poster, and the reader. It seems the quality of both have come to a halt. No one in peticular, but you gotta admit. The whole thing where the poster gets bashed in one form or another and discredited is quite frustrating. Who wants to put so much work in preparing an article when youre just gonna get verbally abused by fly by commentators? I fall on the intellect of my fellow ATSers here to help.

As for my post. I believe that it warrants atleast a sideways glance on the offchance that it would be advisable to have as much information as you can incase it were true. My posts arent crap. Some of the quality and ignorance coming from the other end, however, is. And quite frankly, with everything that is going on....you're gonna tell me not to bring attention to, or notice this? Do you even know what to believe anymore with all that is going on, and especially conspiracy theories being proven true? Basically, there is too much not to look into, and there is too much that would warrant concern. If in doubt, I will take it with a grain of salt until proven false. I can't afford, at this point, to overlook anything. Neither can you. These are dangerous times, it calls for it.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Kids put down the video game controllers and THINK!!!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

You know, I guess I owe you a bit of an apology.

I will admit my first course of action was to call a dear friend who frequents one of those bases as a retired vet. She had just been there the day before and told me things were normal.

On the other hand, though Russia may only be a hop skip and a jump away, it would be difficult for them to move enough troops across the tundra to even get to a populated enough area to matter. We may be remote, but Anchorage and Fairbanks are small American cities of a half a million people. We are also covered by early warning systems and other such military protections. It wouldn't happen without people knowing.
I have a feeling we should be more worried about them placing warships next to ours in the Mediterranean more.

I do apologize for my knee jerk reaction, but another poster had a very valid point about some ind of research. You may not have friends here, but they are public facilities and a toll free phone call would have gone a long way. We don't have the best infrastructure up here for the most current technology. It is pretty common to just not have the Internet working sometimes due to weather, a car striking the wrong telephone pole or even an upgrade by the communications companies.
Besides could you imagine seeing a thread that stated that your home had just been invaded? It's not the nicest feeling.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join